Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Had some fun against a new Vette tonight

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 04:27 PM
Rock36
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Had some fun against a new Vette tonight

ORIGINAL: Mpaint99

I raced a C4 vette from a light. I was at his bumper till 30 mph, then I hit the NOS and walked away from him. I know I used NOS. But the look on his face when I left him sitting still was priceless. Still the best investment I ever made.
Run what ya brung man!

I beat an automatic C5 vette at my track when I had just a CAI and a tune. I'm not sure if it was because he had an automatic. Also, I don't recall since this was nearly 8 months ago, but he may have been a vert as well. I thought I was done, but I was pleasantly surprised when I beat him.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:14 PM
shockme76
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07stangGrl

Have to say I have them both and have to tell ya BTDT and bone stock the Vette will take Mostany GT out there, the C6 anywayand if it is theZ06 ya may as well hang it up..And yes the Z06 is a BADA@@@ Vette... ..But hey,It is ALWAYS fun to have a good time. Just be safe doing it...

Love the Vette stanGrl!

For me it was just cool for two people with two great american muscle cars to eat up the road! It took everything my stang had to do what it did so i'm sure under different circumstances the outcome would've been a lot different. Man were we flying! We were doing 120 easy at one point. I can't imagine what the people we were passing were thinking!

Old 01-27-2007, 06:19 PM
TASSY5
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Blue Oval Bandit

I've had the pleasure of racing 3 C6's so far and had fun each time.

Normally Vette owners won't even play, and if they do they are normally middle aged guys or gals who are friendly about winning or losing. The 1st one I raced was back when my car was brand new and stock... I was able to pace him. The 2nd was after a couple of mods and I pulled him fairly steadily.

The 3rd really wanted to win, and I was as modded as I am currently. We played on the interstate and from a 50mph cruise we hit it and I pulled right away. He did keep up until we hit about 90 and I was pulling away again. He stayed in it though probably because he assumed my big ole brick didn't have a top end... well once we hit 155 or so he realized I still had some left in me and he backed off.

We pulled over a few exits up and chatted. Nice guy who's only mod was an intake and exhaust setup. Those Vettes are nice. Now if I see a Z06 I know better... I would play just to see how close I could come, but I know there's not a snowball's chance in hell I'll kill one.

Sounds like you had fun out there. Must have felt nice to keep up with him so well in the GT!
WHAT MODS DO YOU HAVE???????
Old 01-27-2007, 06:27 PM
07stangGrl
2nd Gear Member

Thanks Shockme, I kinda like it to And ya know exacly what you said Its all about having a good fun time...
Old 01-27-2007, 07:08 PM
Pacman131
1st Gear Member

Surprised the Vette actually toyed around, usually it's some old **** that is miserable and won't even touch the pedal a little bit. That's how it is in my area.
Old 01-27-2007, 07:31 PM
07stangGrl
2nd Gear Member

Pacman AHEMMM!!!!! Did you just call me OLD??? I resemble that remark LOL Well I dont know were you live but I have run around alot of old **** as you put it in my townand they are the ones who want to race, not sure if its cuz I am a girl and they think humm She wont race me! But I have had a few get up next to mebut of Course I would NEVER Do a think like thatThat is againt the Law
Old 01-27-2007, 07:33 PM
shockme76
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Pacman131

Surprised the Vette actually toyed around, usually it's some old **** that is miserable and won't even touch the pedal a little bit. That's how it is in my area.
I see that a lot too but this guy looked about late 30s. Given the way he was driving and on my *** i knew he would go for it. Usually i'm just driving normal minding my own business and a ricer with his fart can wants to show off. It was nice to get some attention from a real car for a change!
Old 01-27-2007, 08:02 PM
Black GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: adidasUNT8

hey i had a little fun with a new red Z06 the other day....we were on the frontage road and i was just going to pull up beside him and give him the thumbs up on his ride....so i started pulling up next to him but he was slowly accelerating as if not to let me beside him...i was about a half car length behind him and i could notice it was a middle-aged guy with his son in the passenger seat....we were going about 45 or so......so i slowly dropped it into second and pulled up directly beside him....hedropped it into gear but im not gonna lie...he didnt pull on me as much as i thought he would....i mean dont get me wrong he was definately pulling on me ....i was impressed with the stang for keeping up as well as it did...we only got to about 75 or 80 id say .....but i thoughtthe stangwould be only a snack for the "supercar"....man those things sound insane at WOT though.....he gave me a wave as he got on the interstate

If he saw the Cobra badge on your car he might be thinking he was pulling like that on a GT500.
Old 01-27-2007, 08:44 PM
CHASLS2

ORIGINAL: Pacman131

I agree! Most Vette owners around my part of Florida drive like a snail. I drive my modded C6 Vette pretty hard, and i am always ready for a challenge. BUT ONY when the roads are safe, it's very easy to get my C6 sideways in 2nd or 3rd!

Chas
Old 01-27-2007, 09:00 PM
Blue Oval Bandit

ORIGINAL: TASSY5

ORIGINAL: Blue Oval Bandit

I've had the pleasure of racing 3 C6's so far and had fun each time.

Normally Vette owners won't even play, and if they do they are normally middle aged guys or gals who are friendly about winning or losing. The 1st one I raced was back when my car was brand new and stock... I was able to pace him. The 2nd was after a couple of mods and I pulled him fairly steadily.

The 3rd really wanted to win, and I was as modded as I am currently. We played on the interstate and from a 50mph cruise we hit it and I pulled right away. He did keep up until we hit about 90 and I was pulling away again. He stayed in it though probably because he assumed my big ole brick didn't have a top end... well once we hit 155 or so he realized I still had some left in me and he backed off.

We pulled over a few exits up and chatted. Nice guy who's only mod was an intake and exhaust setup. Those Vettes are nice. Now if I see a Z06 I know better... I would play just to see how close I could come, but I know there's not a snowball's chance in hell I'll kill one.

Sounds like you had fun out there. Must have felt nice to keep up with him so well in the GT!
WHAT MODS DO YOU HAVE???????
See post number 10.

Quick Reply: Had some fun against a new Vette tonight