Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking of trading my V6 in, for a Mustang GT.

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 01:37 AM
NewMustang
2nd Gear Member

Default Thinking of trading my V6 in, for a Mustang GT.

My car is a 2007 model, do you know when will the 2008 models start to show up in the dealer lot?
Old 01-27-2007, 02:01 AM
STLRedbird
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Thinking of trading my V6 in, for a Mustang GT.

I did it and haven't regretted it for a second. You'll be surprised by how our cars hold their value, too. I got the V6 because I figured my daughters would be driving it. Turns out, they didn't so I traded for what I wanted all along. I say go for it.
Old 01-27-2007, 02:05 AM
NewMustang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: STLRedbird

I did it and haven't regretted it for a second. You'll be surprised by how our cars hold their value, too. I got the V6 because I figured my daughters would be driving it. Turns out, they didn't so I traded for what I wanted all along. I say go for it.
Really? You also went from the V6 to GT? Is that the same 05-07 Mustang or previous gen Mustang V6? Do you notice a hugh difference from the engine power?WhenI boughtthe V6, I didn't know the difference between LSD and open-diff, now I know.

So to me, the most looking forward feature from the V6 to GT is the LSD. A hugh power increase will be a plus.
Old 01-27-2007, 02:12 AM
spooky
2nd Gear Member

when did you buy your 2007? you would be losingmoney on the deal if your financing and/or making payments on the car. besides, the V6 is not a bad car.you get better gas mileage & lower car insurance for starters. you can also add mods if that's your thing.however if money is no object, i'd say forget the GT and go straight fora Saleen 281E or Shelby GT500.
Old 01-27-2007, 02:14 AM
NewMustang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: spooky

however if money is no object, i'd say forget the GT and go straight fora Saleen 281E or Shelby GT500.
LOL That would be too extreme wouldn't it?
Old 01-27-2007, 02:22 AM
billyjo
2nd Gear Member

I bought an 05 v6 and regretted it, i traded it in for an 05 gt and holy crap what a different car and yes the value holds much better. Another thing is that there are a ton of mods for the gt and you also have the greatest increase of potential horse power. Also the traction control on the gt is much better also. So i say its a good move and you will not regret it. Your first mod though should be a chip modifier and CAI. It will help with the throttle lag. Good luck
Old 01-27-2007, 02:25 AM
NewMustang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: billyjo

Your first mod though should be a chip modifier and CAI. It will help with the throttle lag. Good luck
I'm not a fan of cold air intake, I think putting it in makes it look like a japanese car. I'll be putting a drop-in K&N air filter once I got the car. I did this on the V6 and noticed a slight difference.
Old 01-27-2007, 03:00 AM
mustangman2424
I ♥ Acer

A CAImay look like "japanese"(it doesn't at all to me though) but it will be a world differance than a K&N filter, and if you get a CAI and a tuner, you will slap yourself in the face for thinking twice about it.
Old 01-27-2007, 04:22 AM
05 Cayuse
2nd Gear Member

Geez, I think you guys are kidding yourself if you think your V6 really holds it's value. The rental fleets are dumping last year's V6 rental car on the market in prep for updateing for this summer's tourist seasons. I considered trading my V6 vert in on a GT last month and when shopping around I found the trade-in value was pitiful. My premium vert is loaded and only has 8,000 miles on it. The best I could find was $17,000 trade-in ! That's over 10 K down from the purchase price. So, I'm keeping it and adding the X-Charger supercharger which will make if faster than the stock GT for only $4,000. Something you V6 owners might want to consider before trading it in.
Old 01-27-2007, 04:27 AM
swata
2nd Gear Member

I test drove both before I bought and the GT was a whole different beast then the v6.. Plain and simple

Quick Reply: Thinking of trading my V6 in, for a Mustang GT.