Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Several Small Issues..anyone else have these?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 01:59 AM
svt93style
2nd Gear Member

Default Several Small Issues..anyone else have these?

I have to say my car is begining to annoy me.

Its a 06 GT 5spd, with 5k miles.

#1 Rattles: Now I have several small ones, the two I have pin pointed are coming form the doors. Right under the arm rest on your door panels is what I can only imagine is some sort of access panel...its plastic and moves when touched...they both rattle but I can live with them.
Next is a noise coming from the drivers side...it is horrible...I can't pin point it but it sounds like a metal rattle more than a plastic sound...very annoying and some what sparatic....I cant tell if its from the dash, door, or what...

#2 Airbag light: I notice I'll be driving and the airbag light up by the traction button is on....say something like "passenger airbag off" I have not idea whats going on here.

#3 Water at the exhaust: I notice on day when I go to work and I am walk up to the Bank, I turn around and there are small puddles of water (liquid) on the ground near the muffler or so...but it hasn't been wet?

#4 CD player: it just sucks, sparatic skips...doesn't play mp3's well...etc.

This just in, I have a piece of foam sticking out of the dash where the dash meets the window....oh and the a/c switch seems not to be working. When I want it to blow on the floor only it still blows as if it were selected on defrost and floor...good times.

Old 01-29-2007, 02:09 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Default RE: Several Small Issues..anyone else have these?

#2 usually happens when you have something in the passenger seat (backpack, books, case of beer)

#4 I never had the problem but several had and they have had the dealer replace it.

#1 or #3 I don't have but many people with tell you about the rattles that they have.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:10 AM
Arwing
5th Gear Member

Welcome to owning a mustang[&:]
Old 01-29-2007, 02:54 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Rattles might be an easy fix, all depends on how competent the Ford repairman is and if they will use the right stuff to fix it. The IUP dash is prone to rattles.
Airbag light goes on when you have something light on the seat. Not recommended. If you're in a roll-over it will hit your head. If that sounds okay disregard.
What at exhaust... sounds like normal catalytic side effect.
CD- you must have a shaker, right? Some CDs w/ mp3 work, some don't. I just hate when mine go back and start at the first track! Still waiting to hear that last Pearls and Brass song!

Old 01-29-2007, 05:12 AM
Sleeper05
5th Gear Member

The best thing about my straight catless exhaust is I can't hear the rattles anymore.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:49 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I don't know what access panel is below the arm rest, but if it's removable you can put some foam padding behind it to keep it from rattling. I did this with the access panel behind the inside door handle.

The skipper 500 is a piece of ****. The skipping on certain burnt cds doesn't bother me so much, it's the super slow transition between cds and songs that does. Ford should recall that piece of crap.

Water coming from the exhaust? That's a bi-product of combustion.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:00 AM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: svt93style

I have to say my car is begining to annoy me.

Its a 06 GT 5spd, with 5k miles.

#1 Rattles: Now I have several small ones, the two I have pin pointed are coming form the doors. Right under the arm rest on your door panels is what I can only imagine is some sort of access panel...its plastic and moves when touched...they both rattle but I can live with them.
Next is a noise coming from the drivers side...it is horrible...I can't pin point it but it sounds like a metal rattle more than a plastic sound...very annoying and some what sparatic....I cant tell if its from the dash, door, or what...

#2 Airbag light: I notice I'll be driving and the airbag light up by the traction button is on....say something like "passenger airbag off" I have not idea whats going on here.

#3 Water at the exhaust: I notice on day when I go to work and I am walk up to the Bank, I turn around and there are small puddles of water (liquid) on the ground near the muffler or so...but it hasn't been wet?

#4 CD player: it just sucks, sparatic skips...doesn't play mp3's well...etc.

This just in, I have a piece of foam sticking out of the dash where the dash meets the window....oh and the a/c switch seems not to be working. When I want it to blow on the floor only it still blows as if it were selected on defrost and floor...good times.

same issue here with that
Old 01-29-2007, 12:10 PM
silver05gt1
1st Gear Member

I can only speak on of them. As for the skipping CD's I started using Memorex black CDs and since I did that I have had it skip once. But that could just be my radio, but it might be worth a try. And as far as the foam on the dash, I had the same thing then the dash finally started making a horrific noise. I took it to Ford and they pulled the dash up and bascially resealed it. That solved the foam porblem and the noise. I would take it to the dealer and have them look at the dash and talk to them about the defrost/floor problem too.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:52 PM
my77stang
6th Gear Member

I have a piece of foam sticking out of the dash where the dash meets the window...
i have this too, silver your saying if i take it up there the dealer will fix?

and yeah the rattle your talking about by the armrest the the small cover behind where you would grab the armrest/door handle to close the door. pop out the top (plastic clips) and then lift up (the bottom is held in by plastic hook thingys) add a small piece of foam and replace the cover. problem solved.

shaker 500 here and thus far havent noticed any skips from mp3's

watch for rattling mirrors when you close the doors, if you can grab the mirror housing and move it up and down you'll need to pop the mirror glass out and tighten up a screw (my dealer didnt even know that was possible)
Old 01-29-2007, 12:54 PM
xbone
3rd Gear Member

Get a Lexus and quit whining.

Quick Reply: Several Small Issues..anyone else have these?