Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fixed the WIGGLY noise with my mufflers...but look what's wrong now...

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 06:01 PM
mAnYsTyLeS
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Fixed the WIGGLY noise with my mufflers...but look what's wrong now...

[sm=funnypostabove.gif]..........lol
Old 01-29-2007, 06:03 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Fixed the WIGGLY noise with my mufflers...but look what's wrong now...

it's true, one hits my thigh and one hits my knee

ORIGINAL: drbobvs

Listen, your ***** hang at different heights too so...........[sm=itsok.gif]
Old 01-29-2007, 06:14 PM
wthalliii
3rd Gear Member

It looks like you taped together two pictures or pieces of the same picture, then scanned the result. Now, on the left side, we see the fender flare, but on the right side, we don't. What that means is that you weren't centered on the back of the car. That can cause perspective issues. In other words, you're seeing the two mufflers from slightly different angles. I'm not saying they're not out of line, but perspective problems can make something that is in line look out of line. Or something that is out of line look worse than it is. (Cameras do lie!) Try taking a single picture with the camera on the centerline of the car, and the body of the camera parallel to the back of the car. And preferably, at the same height as the mufflers. That will give you a more accurate picture.

Now you've got me wondering if my mufflers are matched.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:32 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

OK everyone, go outside and check your pipes for perfect alignment.I have seen cars come from the factory with either the left or right side stick out a little farther than the other side. There are 2 ways to correct the up and down placement of the tail pipes.

1. Loosen the clamp where the pipe from the rear of the muffler goes into the exhaust pipe going up around the axle. Push it in a little further to lower the tail pipe or pull it out a little to raise it then tighten the clamp.

2. You would have to bend the hanger on the muffler a little up or down depending on which way you need it to go.

If it is off a little, I wouldn't mess with it.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:34 PM
gidyup
2nd Gear Member

This is funny because after installation I felt like my passenger side muff hung slightly lower too but when I measured it the difference was less than the width of the line on the tape measure. It also looked (to me) like it had a slight angle whereas the driver side was flat with the frame. I asked a couple people to look it over and both said there was no difference.

I finally gave up worrying about it and justlet the sound at WOT ease my tension
Old 01-29-2007, 06:36 PM
mAnYsTyLeS
4th Gear Member

UH-OH...what have I started...

[sm=icon_quiet.gif] [sm=sorry.gif]
Old 01-29-2007, 06:48 PM
jt14894
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mAnYsTyLeS

UH-OH...what have I started...

[sm=icon_quiet.gif] [sm=sorry.gif]
Yep! You opened a can of worms.
Ok.
If ya still don't like it, forget about the two pipes and use this setup.[sm=joke.gif]