Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fixed the WIGGLY noise with my mufflers...but look what's wrong now...

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 02:08 AM
mAnYsTyLeS
4th Gear Member

Default Fixed the WIGGLY noise with my mufflers...but look what's wrong now...

The "wiggly" noise was coming from the drivers side muffler's rubber hanger - apparently the shop did NOT tighten it accordingly. I jacked the car up and tightened every bolt on all hangers andthe noises are officially GONE!

Here's what is bothering me now...I took a picture of both mufflers and it looks like one sits lower than the other. It's probably Milimeters, but since I have OCD's (obsessive compulsive disorder)...I'm wondering if I should fix it. If I do decide to adjust it...how can I move the passenger side muffler a 1/4 of an inch lower???? Thanks in advance for your input and help.

Old 01-29-2007, 02:13 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Default RE: Fixed the WIGGLY noise with my mufflers...but look what's wrong now...

Dude its fine....you only think its off!
Old 01-29-2007, 02:14 AM
VWILLO
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Fixed the WIGGLY noise with my mufflers...but look what's wrong now...

If you wouldn't have circled it, I wouldn't have know which side you were talking about. Don't fret, if you can.
Old 01-29-2007, 03:35 AM
rutus
1st Gear Member

The height doesn't look bad, the centering is way off. Try loosening everything, have someone hold them centered(vertical and horizontal) and retorque them.
Old 01-29-2007, 03:45 AM
jlm07GT

ORIGINAL: rutus

The height doesn't look bad, the centering is way off. Try loosening everything, have someone hold them centered(vertical and horizontal) and retorque them.
Now he is going to go ballistic with those comments.

They look fine the way they are manystyles, just leave em the way they are.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:17 AM
xbone
3rd Gear Member

Get a Lexus. and take your meds.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:22 PM
mAnYsTyLeS
4th Gear Member

jlm07GT - LOL...I won't go ballistic because I totally disagree with what rutus writes. The pipes are centered and it's just the height I'm worried about. It might look different to rutus because of the poor pics I took....my bad.

Again, the only thing that somewhat annoys me is I think that the height is a tad different (by milimeters). It's just going to be annoying to untighten everything after I sh*t my pants tightening the crap out of the bolts. Anyway, whatever I decide to do will be donein the spring or summer cause this weather sucks ***** right now. It's hard when you strive for perfection!We all know nothing is perfect (e.g. Ford Mustang).

xbone - I'm thinkinYOU need meds cause it seems as if your life is miserable - at least that's what I get from reading your posts...loosen up - but keep a tight ***. Holla...peace and I'm out.
Old 01-29-2007, 05:38 PM
xbone
3rd Gear Member

My life is torture compounded by pain multiplied by misery but im not bitching about nonexistent gaps with MY mufflers. OCD alert bub.
Old 01-29-2007, 05:42 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

yeah it does look like it's about 3mm off, i'd do anything
in my power to get the error margin down to 1mm or
less. lithium popsicles ftw

j/k ofcourse, as is everyone here.....they look PERFECT
to me
Old 01-29-2007, 05:57 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

Listen, your ***** hang at different heights too so...........[sm=itsok.gif]

Quick Reply: Fixed the WIGGLY noise with my mufflers...but look what's wrong now...