Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Granatelli CAI For Sale!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 07:32 AM
actfastus

Default Granatelli CAI For Sale!!

I just got my Granatelli CAI from Fasttoys and installed it. It is the satin finish version. Looks good and car performs as described but I like the chrome finish better and will order soon. I am going to put chrome valve covers on in the spring so my Stang will look better with the chrome CAI.

As soon as I get a buyer, I will take it off and ship it. Comes with original box and documentation. Regular price $359. Sell for $300 OBO and I will pay for shipping. Below is link to site where I purchased it:

http://fasttoys.net/shop/product_inf...f0bbc8ad0333dd

ACTFAST
Old 01-30-2007, 02:22 AM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Granatelli CAI For Sale!!

Does it have the module that adjusts the gas mixture without having to retune the car or do we have to get a tuner for it. I also read a few people on previous threads had a hard time to get the fit right on the install.
Old 01-30-2007, 02:32 AM
stangdude81
2nd Gear Member

I just installed one just like that on my 07, it fit just fine. The filter can be a pain to get on just right, but that is because it rubs on one of the brake lines coming out of the ABS module. If you are worried about problems here, just get some vaccuum line and slit it down the length of it to make an insulator for that brake line, that's what I did. I also used the vaccuum line to make a better seal around the air box since mine did not come with a gasket around the top of the plastic box. I don't know if this one does or not, it just seemed like in the pics I've seen on the net that satin did not, but for some reason the chrome intakes did. Overall I'm completely satisfied with it, nice gains and NO CEL problems, all without a tune which will tide me over till my warranty expires or I find a dealer who doesn't care about tuning
Old 01-30-2007, 07:44 PM
actfastus

For MellowYellow,

There are no additional adjustments/devices that come with this CAI. It is simply plug and play. The manufacturer claims no tune required.

Today is the first time I've driven it due to bad weather. It idled rough between 400 and 700 RPMs at first but after about 10 minutes it seems to have leveled off at 500. The stock intake idles at about 750. I punched it in second gear and it had a nice response. According to the tested data on this model CAI, it really does it's best at higher RPMs. I have a 5-speed so my "get up and go" always seems pretty good anyway. I know another guy who has an automatic and he has a better response from a dead stop after he installed his.

I'm not sure if the lower idle is normal. I guess I need to search some more threads/vendor website.

I think with a lot of aftermarket bolt-ons, the fit isn't going to be exactly like the book shows. I had to play a little to get the filter to fit just right. It's best to keep the clamps just loose enough to make small adjustments, and then tighten them down when you get it in the way you like. The installation instructions are straight forward and don't have any additional "tips" to assist in the install.

I think it's a good CAI for the total price that looks nicer than a lot that I have seen. Can't say that it performs the best. If you are looking for ultimate performance from a CAI, should go with a proven model and a tune. Brenspeed seems to have one of the more popular ones out there.

Let me know if your interested...can sell for less.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:23 PM
WhiteStallion06
4th Gear Member

I have mine with a tune and it installed it ... and the fit is a little tight but the only problemi had was with the filter and that problem comes mainly from the heat shield just bend it a little and youll be fine... your going to have minor problems like this with any CAI because not engine is built exactly the same and in the exact same place they are all a little different. But its a great CAI and i have the chrome finish it looks great
Old 01-30-2007, 08:30 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

You are incorrect as this DOES need the new MAF chip otherwise it will throw CEL codes. This is what mellowyellow is asking about. It might be in the CAI and this is why you say it is plug and play but you still must incluide that.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:04 PM
stangster06
I ♥ Acer

+1

Is this true? - I also thought it was "plug and play" basically. It will throw a CEL?

I am also concerned about that rough idle at lower rpm.

I was considering purchasing one but not so sure now... I have heard good/bad.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:08 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

It is "plug and play" technically but you do have to have the calibrated MAF which is sent with it. Otherwise you will have error codes. As for the other good or bad, can't say. I love my C&L and tune. With the tune you will get so much more out of the CAI whatever brand you prefer to use.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:00 PM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

I did not know theGranatelli CAI was available in Chrome does anyone have a picture of this?

Richard
Old 01-30-2007, 10:08 PM
sunguf
3rd Gear Member

http://www.lethalperformance.com/ has them in polish, not chrome

Quick Reply: Granatelli CAI For Sale!!