Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

should i get this blue cervini??

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 08:18 PM
jbailer
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: should i get this blue cervini??

I wasn't sure if that was a great price or not. The guy that did it is a friend. I know he gives me good prices but at the same time I try to get him to take money for his time. -Joe

Yes, he striped it too.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:22 PM
bluecervinilover

wow. I think you got an excellent deal on that. 2k for full paint and istallation w/stripes. that is awesome for 2k.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:49 PM
SlinkyBMX
2nd Gear Member

I'm looking to get most of the kit. Yea 2k was an awesome deal. Hope that I can find a deal like that around here
Old 01-30-2007, 01:58 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Hello,
I helped a friend too and I paid him $4500 for prep, paint, and installation of all the parts including the exhaust and the rims and tires. The stripes are painted and based on the name you have here it is really a no brainer....get the cervinis mustang and you will love it. I know there has to be a show quality paint and body shop in Houston somewhere.
ORIGINAL: bluecervinilover

wow. I think you got an excellent deal on that. 2k for full paint and istallation w/stripes. that is awesome for 2k.
Old 01-30-2007, 04:48 AM
Scotte28516
4th Gear Member

That's not a Cervinis built car! Cervinis only puts the decals C-300 or C-500 on their cars. They also put their name above the side decals. They never put GT500 on any of them. That is a Cervinis C-300 body kit and exhaust only that has been added by the owner to a GT. It doesen't even have the wheels Cervinis uses. If you order direct from them, ok, but I wouldn't buy this one as a Cervinis car.
Old 01-30-2007, 05:38 AM
Arwing
5th Gear Member

yes, those cars are sick
Old 01-30-2007, 05:59 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Hello,
I don't know if it is my car or the blue one you are talking about but they are both GT's with cervinis body kits on them. The sticker on mine (GT500) is from Cervinis as well. All cars built by Cervini's are originally GT or V6 mustangs (new or used -05, 06, 07)- they just give the option to do the work for you for about 12,500 dollars. Just because Cervinis didn't do the work doesn't mean it isn't Cervini's mustang as the kit makes it a Cervinis mustang. Oh and the wheels don't have to be bought at Cervinis as well if there are other rims you prefer than go with instead. Not sure what you mean Scotte28516........wait I re-read the post and yes you are right as my car was not built by Cervinis and the above car may not have either. The fact that the kit is on the car makes it from cervinis - whether or not Cervinis didthe work or not doesn't matter. Any reputable shop can do the work just as good if not better. I think it is fine to go with the above mentioned car as long as it is what you are looking for.
ORIGINAL: Scotte28516

That's not a Cervinis built car! Cervinis only puts the decals C-300 or C-500 on their cars. They also put their name above the side decals. They never put GT500 on any of them. That is a Cervinis C-300 body kit and exhaust only that has been added by the owner to a GT. It doesen't even have the wheels Cervinis uses. If you order direct from them, ok, but I wouldn't buy this one as a Cervinis car.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:06 AM
Scotte28516
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mygt500

The fact that the kit is on the car makes it from cervinis - whether or not Cervinis didthe work or not doesn't matter. Any reputable shop can do the work just as good if not better. I think it is fine to go with the above mentioned car as long as it is what you are looking for.

I disagree completely. If you put a Roush body kit and blower on your car, it is still not a Roush, it is a Roush clone. Adding a GT500 kit to your car doesn't make it a GT500 either. Take an old Pontiac Tempest and add all of the GTO parts to it, and you've still got a Tempest. Original is just that. Anything else is a clone or tribute.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:27 AM
Pacman131
1st Gear Member

Very nice ride, just not big on the rims! I'd get it!!!
Old 02-02-2007, 03:40 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

I agree with you 100%, but I think you are not getting my point from the original post. I wanted an "Eleanor" clone with the GT500 badges....I know it is a clone but my response to the Scotte is that just because Cervinis didn't do the application of the body kit and perfromance mods doesn't make it any less of a clonedEleanor or Tribute if you will. My interpretation of Scotte's response to the blue Cervini mustang was if Cervinis didn't do it (the work) than it is not a Cervinis mustang. It doesn't make sense to me as it is a kit applied to a GT.If it is quality work and the buyer likes it I say go for it! See what I mean? Cervinis is a aftermarket body kit maker and they offer to apply the kit to your caras a service to you. They might be the expert on the fit of the kit but it doesn't mean I don't have a Cervinis mustang as I have that kit on it!

ORIGINAL: mygt500

The fact that the kit is on the car makes it from cervinis - whether or not Cervinis didthe work or not doesn't matter. Any reputable shop can do the work just as good if not better. I think it is fine to go with the above mentioned car as long as it is what you are looking for.

I disagree completely. If you put a Roush body kit and blower on your car, it is still not a Roush, it is a Roush clone. Adding a GT500 kit to your car doesn't make it a GT500 either. Take an old Pontiac Tempest and add all of the GTO parts to it, and you've still got a Tempest. Original is just that. Anything else is a clone or tribute.

Quick Reply: should i get this blue cervini??