Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

should i get this blue cervini??

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 05:20 AM
Scotte28516
4th Gear Member

Default RE: should i get this blue cervini??

ORIGINAL: mygt500

I agree with you 100%, but I think you are not getting my point from the original post. I wanted an "Eleanor" clone with the GT500 badges....I know it is a clone but my response to the Scotte is that just because Cervinis didn't do the application of the body kit and perfromance mods doesn't make it any less of a clonedEleanor or Tribute if you will. My interpretation of Scotte's response to the blue Cervini mustang was if Cervinis didn't do it (the work) than it is not a Cervinis mustang. It doesn't make sense to me as it is a kit applied to a GT.If it is quality work and the buyer likes it I say go for it! See what I mean? Cervinis is a aftermarket body kit maker and they offer to apply the kit to your caras a service to you. They might be the expert on the fit of the kit but it doesn't mean I don't have a Cervinis mustang as I have that kit on it!
ORIGINAL: Scotte28516

The fact that the kit is on the car makes it from cervinis - whether or not Cervinis didthe work or not doesn't matter. Any reputable shop can do the work just as good if not better. I think it is fine to go with the above mentioned car as long as it is what you are looking for.

That's not a Cervinis built car! Cervinis only puts the decals C-300 or C-500 on their cars. They also put their name above the side decals. They never put GT500 on any of them. That is a Cervinis C-300 body kit and exhaust only that has been added by the owner to a GT. It doesen't even have the wheels Cervinis uses. If you order direct from them, ok, but I wouldn't buy this one as a Cervinis car.
I disagree completely. If you put a Roush body kit and blower on your car, it is still not a Roush, it is a Roush clone. Adding a GT500 kit to your car doesn't make it a GT500 either. Take an old Pontiac Tempest and add all of the GTO parts to it, and you've still got a Tempest. Original is just that. Anything else is a clone or tribute.
Unless you go to sell it. My point is that just because you add a kit to a car doesn't make it what is claimed. As I said before, if you add a Roush kit to aGT, it is still a GT, and not a Roush by any stretch of the imagination. I have owned classic cars for years(Sunbeam Tiger Mk I, Triumph TR4, TR4A, TR250, GT6+) and can tell you that a clone is nothing more than a tribute. If you advertise it as a Carvinis Mustang C-300, and it's not original from the Cervinisshop, you are legally misrepresenting the car as something it isn't.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:55 AM
billyjo
2nd Gear Member

back to costs, i have one of there hoods on my car. The ram air hood pictured here
http://users.net1plus.com/billyjo/Ne...d%201small.jpg
The biggest cost was the paint. My car is sonic blue and it took 3 layers of primer 15 layers of blue and 3 clear. The hood is paint top and bottom and looks awsome but again the paint was exspensive. So good luck. the total was 700 that included the price of the hood.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:30 PM
mattblasi
3rd Gear Member

The fact that the kit is on the car makes it from cervinis - whether or not Cervinis didthe work or not doesn't matter. Any reputable shop can do the work just as good if not better. I think it is fine to go with the above mentioned car as long as it is what you are looking for.

That's not a Cervinis built car! Cervinis only puts the decals C-300 or C-500 on their cars. They also put their name above the side decals. They never put GT500 on any of them. That is a Cervinis C-300 body kit and exhaust only that has been added by the owner to a GT. It doesen't even have the wheels Cervinis uses. If you order direct from them, ok, but I wouldn't buy this one as a Cervinis car.
I disagree completely. If you put a Roush body kit and blower on your car, it is still not a Roush, it is a Roush clone. Adding a GT500 kit to your car doesn't make it a GT500 either. Take an old Pontiac Tempest and add all of the GTO parts to it, and you've still got a Tempest. Original is just that. Anything else is a clone or tribute.
+1 on this, its one of my biggest iritations, regardless of what is done I consider a car what its VIN number considers it.

As far as cost well it depends alot on what you are going for, and who dose the work. but please please do not represent the car as something it is not.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:06 PM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

sick car but 12,9...forget that
Old 02-02-2007, 01:30 PM
okbfd
4th Gear Member

Oh no, I'm crying.......my C300 really isn't. It just has the EXACT same parts as a C300, but woe is me, someone else put them on my car. Hmmmm, funny my tungsten not C300 sold at a profit, so, I guess having Cervini put it together at exhorbitant prices isn't all that.

Expect to pay2.5-4k for assembly and another 2k or so if you want painted stripes. If you stay away from the ridiculous wheel and tire package from Cervini you can get off with a nice car without giving away your first born. There is a great guy in Tulsa at Car F/X if you are interested. Somehow my "not" C300 keeps winning car shows.
Old 02-02-2007, 05:35 PM
WhiteStallion06
4th Gear Member

I think everyone that has the cervini kit on this forum has chimed in and i dont have the full kit but i have the side exhaust package and i payed about 1k for the paint and installation i didnt get the best deal but quality work was done and i love cervinis stuff
Old 02-03-2007, 10:20 AM
odiaz
4th Gear Member

in the case of Roush or Saleen, they serialize their cars and give the owner a certificate of authenticity. (The vin is not changed, but it is recorded with the manaufacturer).

I may be wrong but I don't believe Cervini is doing this yet. I've seen at least 2 Cervini built cars here on LI and neither of them had been serialized by Cervini. IMHO, until they do, there really is no difference whether Cervini or someone else does the work.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:31 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

1+ thank you!
Old 03-07-2007, 07:55 AM
TPony
6th Gear Member

It sure is a nice ride...if can afford..why not?
Old 03-07-2007, 07:32 PM
Bluestar
5th Gear Member

Off topic: Odiaz I just went to your website because I see we don't live too far from each other. WOW thats outstanding it has it all videos are great maybe if I have a Big Mac Attack I'll see you at the micky D's

Quick Reply: should i get this blue cervini??