Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FROZEN PARKING BRAKES

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 01:23 PM
6xStang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: FROZEN PARKING BRAKES

Well if we only had one thread for each topic, we could probably see all the topics listed on one screen. How many exhaust threads do we have? (kinda like guessing how many pennies are in the bottle.....)
Old 01-30-2007, 01:40 PM
LegallyTorchRED
3rd Gear Member

Don't forget stripes and CAI's, or I gotta leak on my passenger side.
Old 01-30-2007, 03:38 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

I still click on the post to see if he gets a correct answer, or if its a debate about CAI or whatever I voice which one I like. I don't want someone getting an answer quickly and him running out the door to try it and it be an incorrect solution that causes more problems.
Old 01-30-2007, 03:56 PM
Feng Houzi
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

yeah i agree that there are too many threads on this **** so why start another one that states there are other threads. There is a SEARCH feature that needs to be utilized more often!!
If you are so concerned with the same topics being brought up again and again... STOP CLICKING ON THEM! Holy crap people... Sometimes I just want to ask a question and get some feedback. I don't want to dig through mounds of data looking for something that usuallygets answered in 10 minutes. I see the same problem with everyone that complains about this same thing, just want to type something to "hear" their own voice....
Old 01-30-2007, 04:27 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Read above post to find out why I click on them still....
Old 01-30-2007, 04:32 PM
Feng Houzi
3rd Gear Member

gotcha... not aimed at you... just quoted you cause that seems to be the common way of thinking. I agree I click on them too, but after a while I just skip the ones Ive read 1000 times... (ie dual exhaust? or Which CAI shoudl I get?)
Old 01-30-2007, 04:52 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

Someone may have something new to say. Rather than search through tons of possibly out of date or irrelavant info, post new specific requests. Info changes, products change, techniques change. No one has to look at what they are not interested in.
[sm=closed.gif]
Old 01-30-2007, 10:22 PM
Archion
4th Gear Member

In that case I would revive the old post with updated info in the title, or asking if there was an update,unless the post was like 15 pages of useless crap, then I might have to start a new one. From a web admin standpoint it can be hell on the site engine and database, it slows the site down on these DB driven sites as it has to poll all the pertinant tables in the DB, kinda like lookin throgh a dirty windshield or breathing through a dirty air filter.
ORIGINAL: wingman75

Someone may have something new to say. Rather than search through tons of possibly out of date or irrelavant info, post new specific requests. Info changes, products change, techniques change. No one has to look at what they are not interested in.
[sm=closed.gif]
Old 01-30-2007, 10:33 PM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06GT4RAD

Actually the parking brake is mandatory if you have an auto tranny as far as i am concerned. You see when you put the car in park and then do not use the PB then entire cars' weight is resting on a very tiny piece of metal called the parking pall. I know people that have broken not only the lever internally but the gear in which it slides into. I have also seen people break the shift lever trying to get the car out of gear. This is not good for the auto tranny. I agree completely with barley having to apply the handle though.

Richard
agreed and yet mine is screwed over, once i park it in my driveway it'll be unuseable till Ford calls to tell me the parts are available to fix it, i wonder who else from here is waitin on it? they told me a 1 week +
Old 01-30-2007, 10:35 PM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: HypromanGT

I dunno, I guess I'm picky...I like my NEW car to NOT do stupid stuff like this. There is a parking brake for a reason. Saying that it's the user's fault for using the parking brake in the first place is like saying that it's the user's fault when the skipper 500 eats CDs because they decided to play one. Give me a break.

The only thing that annoys me about all the parking brake nonsense is that there were like 4 threads on the same page regarding them freezing!! WTF people!

[sm=rant.gif]
exactly but its fords fault, and worse for not having extra parts available ahead of time, they knew it was going to show up within the last few weeks and they did nothing to have more parts available

Quick Reply: FROZEN PARKING BRAKES