Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone tinted their windshield?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 12:50 AM
ohsixgt1217
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Has anyone tinted their windshield?

i have 15% all the way around EXCEPT the windshield....not only are u asing for a ticket, your BEGGING! lol seriously though 99.5% of all cars out there with tint do NOT have their windsheilds tinted, and I think they look fine. It just doesnt seem too smart, driving at night and sometimes you get the mirror or glare from inside the car, may not be too good. I dunno, whatever floats your boat i guess, but my theory is that nobody tints their windshield for a reason.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:55 AM
TotalEclipseTinting

You should have no problems seeing out with 35% on the entire windshield. Many of my clients have it and love it. I have it on 2 of my personal cars and will do the same to my Grabber Orange GT when it comes in a month. It is also hard to test the percentage of a windsheild because they cannot slide the tint meter over the edge of the glass.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:55 AM
sunguf
3rd Gear Member

I have 15% all round and had 70% Front windshield tint, I'm actually going to bring it down to 50% Which is the maximum any tint shop would do and if at that! this is not legal but my car is not driven much and is mostly for show.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:00 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

ORIGINAL: ohsixgt1217

i have 15% all the way around EXCEPT the windshield....not only are u asing for a ticket, your BEGGING! lol seriously though 99.5% of all cars out there with tint do NOT have their windsheilds tinted, and I think they look fine. It just doesnt seem too smart, driving at night and sometimes you get the mirror or glare from inside the car, may not be too good. I dunno, whatever floats your boat i guess, but my theory is that nobody tints their windshield for a reason.
+1....I have never seen this nor have I ever thought of it. I guess my car just looks "stupid" with 20% everywhere but the windshield!
Old 02-02-2007, 01:05 AM
raubt
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

+1....I have never seen this nor have I ever thought of it. I guess my car just looks "stupid" with 20% everywhere but the windshield!
LOL, easy big guy. I didn't mean to be offensive, I'm just wondering about how the balance of the window tint will look if the windshield is left with stock tint. Maybe windshield tint is just a drug-dealer thing.

And in my defense, don't you agree that your car would look even sexier if it had a dark windshield as well?
Old 02-02-2007, 01:21 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

This is possibly the craziest arguement for doing something illegal that I've ever heard of, outside of People's Court.
It's like saying, "I'm speeding so I might as well drink and drive too!"
Please read through a copy of your state's driving rules. Most states outside of the desert states in the SW don't allow any tint over 35%. Go darker and you are giving the cops permission to follow you, pull you over, put you in cuffs while they search your vehicle and who knows what they'll find? Weed, guns, CAI?
Think this through

Old 02-02-2007, 01:38 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

I have never considered the thought of doing it and I don't think that it would really improve the looks of my car. I think it does just fine as it is. Like it was stated, 99.5% of cars with tint do not have the windshield tinted.

I think it would be hard to see out of at night also. I have no problem seeing out of my windows at night but I can tell a big difference.If you are driving in a neighborhood where there are kids at night and its not well lit, it would be a lot harder to see things that you headlights are not focussed on. I can see the cop and then lawyers having a field day with your *** if something happened!
Old 02-02-2007, 02:03 AM
TotalEclipseTinting

Tinted windshields are not for everyone. I have it because it helps promote my business by being different andstanding out from all of the other tinted cars out there. I also have a tint permit for darker then normal window tint for "medical" reasons(light sensitive eyes).I do not recommend darker then 50% on winshields on daily driven street applications. With that being said, I personaly have no issues driving at nightwith 35% onthe windshield. I could alsojust be use to it by now.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:09 AM
CainMotorsports2102
3rd Gear Member

Its illegal, but i have 35% down the windshield in every car but the stang, the stang goes in for it monday.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:41 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TotalEclipseTinting

I also have a tint permit for darker then normal window tint for "medical" reasons(light sensitive eyes).
Geez! Is this a joke!?!
Never hear of sunglasses?
Ten bucks at any drugstore!
Gotta be a fake post!

Quick Reply: Has anyone tinted their windshield?