Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GUMBALL. Have you ever been ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 12:12 AM
LoLO
1st Gear Member

Default GUMBALL. Have you ever been ?

I've been watching gumball video all day ! It's my goal in life ! I would love to do it.

Anyone has already been to the gumball ? Must be terrific
Old 02-03-2007, 12:49 AM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Default RE: GUMBALL. Have you ever been ?

Yeah I would love to do one of those races to, looks like fun, well except for the tickets, LOL!
Old 02-03-2007, 01:28 AM
Jurnymn
2nd Gear Member

I'd be up for it...just might take deep pockets though.
Old 02-03-2007, 01:36 AM
lmunz22
2nd Gear Member

In either Motortrend or Road and Track the editors drove 80mph the whole way, didn't get one ticket and finished first.

I watched all of the episodes of the one from Europe to Asia to USA on Google Video. It was awesome!
Old 02-03-2007, 01:59 AM
Sprzout
4th Gear Member

You're talking about the Motor Trend editor Brock Yates, who was one of the creators of the original Cannonball Run.

They did 3 years of the Cannonball Run, which ended after the cops got weary of people doing the race and put a stop to the illegal runs. Nowadays, there are severe penalties, more technology, and possible jail time for the same high speed antics that went down on the Cannonball Run.

If you really want to do something like that, go for it, but expect to be flamed if you get a ticket or jail time.
Old 02-03-2007, 02:05 AM
LoLO
1st Gear Member

That's what Im watching right now ! IT IS awesome !!

At one moment, in europe( i dont remember which country exactly ), they pass cops at 120mph, and the cops try to chase them but the guy in the CLS55 hit the gas and he is doing like 160 and lose the cops.

Its amazing im gonna watch the rest now
Old 02-03-2007, 02:55 AM
Kdw

Teckademics Mischief DVDs volumes 1-5 is about the Gumball Rally and Players Run in the USA and Europe. The dvds are about2 friends who take there yellow BMW M3and run in the rallies. There is also advd called Gumball 3000 "6 Days In May"that can be found on Ebay and the Teckademics dvds also on Ebay or you can go Best Buy, Circuit City and they have either the single volumes or the boxset volumes 1-4. They are really good dvds to watch.
Old 02-03-2007, 04:50 AM
teksp0rt
3rd Gear Member

kdw - thanks for the info.. i am going to try to get my hands on a copy of Gumball 3000 "6 Days In May"... sounds interesting..

and yes, i would do it too... it would be epic.
Old 02-03-2007, 10:35 AM
mattblasi
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Kdw

Teckademics Mischief DVDs volumes 1-5 is about the Gumball Rally and Players Run in the USA and Europe. The dvds are about 2 friends who take there yellow BMW M3 and run in the rallies. There is also a dvd called Gumball 3000 "6 Days In May" that can be found on Ebay and the Teckademics dvds also on Ebay or you can go Best Buy, Circuit City and they have either the single volumes or the boxset volumes 1-4. They are really good dvds to watch.
Most "Gumballs" these days are held in Europe in fact Dustin recently got back from one he whent on. He is also getting ready to release a new video. There are several small but fun rallys in the US and occasionally a Gumball. The one that seems most popular for the average person is tHE AKA Rally which is fun. Chris is really good about setting up a great time and has 2007's already planned out and is taking deposits on the 40 open spots.

Teckademics is not just about rallys by far, in fact Dado now uses his M3 for legal racing.

Here are some teaser pics from the last one they whent on:
http://www.teckademicseast.com/forum...685#post655685

If you are in the MD DC VA area you should come out to the large meet everyone set up tonight. its in Columbia MD, I have a thread for it in the North East Regional section. Dustin may be coming, he said he has no idea what it is doing, Daniel Dado and a few other I am not sure about since I had not spolen to them about it.

If anyone needs the videos and cannot find them online let me know and I will see about getting them for you, and shipping them to you direct.

Dustin's new video should be out in short time. so keep an eye out.

BTW keep in mind Dado has been arrested before on a rally (don't remeber which one) and even if you get no tickets Gumball rallys are not cheap to enter gerally looking at 10s of thousands of dollars. AKA is like 3200. Here is a link to the AKA rally site: http://www.akarally.com/ I may be going on this one, it has not yet been determined yet, I need to make sure a few other things are going to happen first. If I do go it would be awesome to not be the only mustang there ;P *hint*hint*....

This years AKA is going from Salt Lake City to Atlantic City
Old 02-03-2007, 03:44 PM
LoLO
1st Gear Member

Thank you for the info !! I'd do the AKA rally maybe sounds interesting and a lot cheaper than gumball !!