Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A few "baby" pics (FRPP)

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 09:22 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: A few "baby" pics (FRPP)

ORIGINAL: hammeron

love the look of the exhaust

how do you like the new tune? can you feel any
difference

You BET I can......!
Throttle-lag is almost gone (it's COMPLETELY gone in 1st, 2nd & 3rd, and really snaps my head back now in 1st & 2nd as soon as I nail it!).
She also lays about 10 ft. of rubber now (with me and a passanger, and from a standng start at low idle r.p.m.), and actually fishtails for a moment when I nail it from a 20 m.p.h. roll!
She also rips through the gears faster now (max shift points have changed from 6K to 6250, and it feels like the torque band stays higher when it up-shifts (if that makes any sense to you technical dudes??).
The sound of the GTA's (especially at WOT) is SO fine that I haven't wanted to listen to any music yet since the install (not to mention the great look of those 4 inch double-walled tips!).

All in all, I couldn't be happier with the change, and just wish I hadn't been so bloody stubborn and had listened to you guys (I mean, of course, you "mod sick" ones) sooner, cause then I would have had this rush from day one instead of waiting 1000 miles........
Old 02-03-2007, 09:25 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

cool, i hope my pony responds to the new tune as well as yours did!
Old 02-03-2007, 09:40 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hammeron

cool, i hope my pony responds to the new tune as well as yours did!

Yours will probably respond even BETTER than mine, cause the FRPP tune is slightly less "aggressive" than the one you ordered.
JimsGT told me that he first had the same setup you're getting before switching over to the FRPP (also to keep his warranty intact), and that the FRPP tune was only "slightly" less Kick-*** (his exact words were: "barely noticable difference").
I guarantee you that you're going to LOVE your tune..........!!!

p.s. the only "downside" is that my mileage (at least in the city- haven't had her out on the highway yet) is slightly worse now- but that's probably because I can't seem to stop myself from stomping on the "go-fast" pedal since getting the tune..........[sm=lildevil.gif]
Old 02-03-2007, 11:17 PM
Drop Top 06
3rd Gear Member

Newbie,

I thought these only had a Go-Fast pedal? I know there's a weird looking horizontal pedal next to it, not really sure what that's for though....[8D]
Old 02-04-2007, 01:43 AM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Drop Top 06

Newbie,

I thought these only had a Go-Fast pedal? I know there's a weird looking horizontal pedal next to it, not really sure what that's for though....[8D]

I think that horizontal pedal must be the interior trunk release switch that everyone keeps bitching about (cause they don't really work- mine doesn't either!).
Old 02-04-2007, 01:47 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

You are going to wait til 2010 to really do any modifications??
Old 02-04-2007, 01:56 AM
jerjan
4th Gear Member

Go fast = bad mileage. Go fast also = fun. Lets see, Mileage or fun, Hmmmm I'l take fun anyday! Screw mileage, that's what Honda's are for.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:11 AM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

You are going to wait til 2010 to really do any modifications??

Well, I'm sure gonna TRY to control myself till my warranty's expired, but I can't "promise" you (or my poor wife for that matter) that I'll make it that long............
On the other hand, I really AM extremely satisfied with the BIG difference in performance that the FRPP tune, CAI and GTAs made, and seeing as how I really don't care about doing 1/4 mile trials at the track, I'm not ready to take the Next Big Step and supercharge her...........
3.73 gears and UDP's wouldn't make THAT much of a difference in "real world" performance to risk losing my warranty over.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:14 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

What about suspension and lowering it? Anything like that planned?
Old 02-04-2007, 02:26 AM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jerjan

Go fast = bad mileage. Go fast also = fun. Lets see, Mileage or fun, Hmmmm I'l take fun anyday! Screw mileage, that's what Honda's are for.

I agree with you 100% jerjan, that's exactly why I went from 17.5 average m.p.g. to 15.2 (not much highway driving) since getting the FRPP install even though I was told (by many of you right here on the MF) that the mileage should actually improve with a CAI and 93 octane tune.
The reason my mileage got worse is cause I'm now having such a blast stomping on the "go-fast" pedal EVERY chance I get, and screw the mileage.....!
[sm=gears.gif]

Quick Reply: A few "baby" pics (FRPP)