Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Member/ Dyno #'s /and Leak fixed

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 03:55 PM
Smokem
1st Gear Member

Default New Member/ Dyno #'s /and Leak fixed

I live in Dallas, TX, 25 years old. I have an 06 Black GT 5 speed. I recently installed myself the JLT intake, Steeda underdrive pulley, FRPP CMCV, Summit off road H, Flowmaster axlebacks. I then took it to LONESTAR performance in Dallas and had it tuned by Mike Wilson. I couldn't be more thrilled with his tune it is crazy. The power delivery is incredible through the whole band I am waiting to get an emailed copy of the graph. With just these parts the car put down:

314.5 rwhp
329.6 rwtq

As for the leak issue I was getting water along with many others here by the passenger kick panel. The dealer fixed it without question and found the leak to be the passenger door window sealat the base of the window.

I just wanted to say hey. This forum has great informationoffered up by it members.
Old 02-04-2007, 04:33 PM
SlowHand
1st Gear Member

Default RE: New Member/ Dyno #'s /and Leak fixed

Those are impressive numbers. What do you think makes the biggest difference? Do you think I could approach those numbers with a UDP? Is your car street legal with that exhaust mod?
Old 02-04-2007, 04:40 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

The intake and tune makes the biggest difference.

ORIGINAL: SlowHand

Those are impressive numbers. What do you think makes the biggest difference? Do you think I could approach those numbers with a UDP? Is your car street legal with that exhaust mod?
Old 02-04-2007, 09:00 PM
SlowHand
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: moosestang

Right. I have a K & N intake and a 91-Octane tune. But I do not believe I could put up Smokem's numbers. I'm just curious about how to get there. UDP maybe?
Old 02-04-2007, 10:56 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

a dyno tune will probably pick up as much extra horse power as UDP's. I could probably pick up 10hp just by taking it to a good shop with a dyno. Now I just need someone to tell my wife it's worth it!

After I install my 1 piece driveshaft I might drive down to VMPracing to get a dyno tune done, of course they'll do a base line pull and then see if they can pick up a few more pony's. I'm sure my brenspeed tune is running a little rich.

ORIGINAL: SlowHand

ORIGINAL: moosestang

Right. I have a K & N intake and a 91-Octane tune. But I do not believe I could put up Smokem's numbers. I'm just curious about how to get there. UDP maybe?
Old 02-05-2007, 08:45 PM
Smokem
1st Gear Member

I think there are a couple factors that could have played a part in my numbers. I know Mike has gotten 302 to 305 at the rear wheels with other new stangs. He did say this was the first JLT he had dealt with. The other cars from my knowledge also did not have offroad pipes. So the JLT could just put down more then the C&L or the fact that there was an offroad pipe in addition. The other is as good as Brenspeed, Bama, and Evolution are there is no substitute for a car specific tune. Tunes from those guys up north dont help us as much here in the south. Still they offer improvements but with all things to consider altitude air pressure and each car is a little different you will get a slightly better performing tune going custom assuming your tuner know what they are doing. Another contribution could just be thatI am lucky enough to get a "freak". I prefer to think it was my expert install though!
Old 02-05-2007, 09:06 PM
mac24
1st Gear Member

hey smokem i live in dallas and im about to start modding probably next month.
I know mike wilson from dallas mustang he usedto tune up there.
what is frpp cmcv and how much did they charge for tune at lone star,i live about 15 minutes
from that place.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:27 PM
Go Blue 48044
3rd Gear Member

Hey Mac,

A couple of things here.First...... not all cars are created equal.Thats just the grim reality of it all some come from the factory with a few more ponies for what ever reason"freak thing".The person who wrote the program for the sct 2 automatic tune lives here in Michigan.I have him do allthe work onmy Mustang.His name is Lidio you can't pick up a 5.0MMFF mag without reading an article about him or one of his cars in it.So this info is coming straight from him.He tests almost all products on the marketat the track to see what works and what doesn't.As he should that's where he makes his living.Regarding bolt ons He stands by C&L CAI with SCT 2 flash tune for biggest impact for performance.Then pulleys.Exhaust will do nothing AT ALL for 05+ Mustangs.They are allready 2.5 inch.He suggest mufflers only for sound.Anyone who tries to sell you an h pipe x pipe or cat backs etc is just out for your money or living in the past.The old factory Mustang exhaust was a joke and needed to be replaced with an aftermarket product pronto.That's not the case with 05 + GT's.