Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP Loudmouth Sound

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 12:27 PM
dirtydeedsinc
2nd Gear Member

Default SLP Loudmouth Sound

Anyone with this exhaust go through a tunnel yet? I'm still grinning. Only problem I had was hitting the gas a little too much and fishtailing slightly (I thought I had passed the wet part of the pavement.) I didn't hit anything and I was the only one there.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:03 PM
Goody625
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: SLP Loudmouth Sound

You know, Ive heard the SLP's are loud! I'm looking into those! How bad is the drone, REALLY? As for bonehead moves.....try this one on! I was coming out of Blockbuster video a couple months back when this gut stopped me and started complimenting me and my stang! We chatted for like 15 minutes. I was feeling all big and bad UNTIL I stalled the car in 1st gear leaving the parking lot! I felt like a jackass!
Old 02-06-2007, 05:05 PM
UrS4
4th Gear Member

There is a tunnel that is about a 1/4 long and when I need a pick me up, I just drive through, put the clutch in and rev it up. No sense in speeding through, I want to hear the sound for longer than a second.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:27 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Goody625

You know, Ive heard the SLP's are loud! I'm looking into those! How bad is the drone, REALLY? As for bonehead moves.....try this one on! I was coming out of Blockbuster video a couple months back when this gut stopped me and started complimenting me and my stang! We chatted for like 15 minutes. I was feeling all big and bad UNTIL I stalled the car in 1st gear leaving the parking lot! I felt like a jackass!
[sm=funnypostabove.gif]
Old 02-06-2007, 06:22 PM
ohsixgt1217
4th Gear Member

Lol i know exactly what you mean. In the parking garage at my school i rev it up, lol not only is it the SLP's...but an O/R x pipe too, lol holy **** loud.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:24 PM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

ORIGINAL: Goody625

I don't think there is much if any at all. They are basically straight pipes, sooo.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:03 PM
Speedyejl
2nd Gear Member

I love my LMs, the first night I got them me and a buddy went tunnel hunting. Everyone from teenage girls to old men who know cars smiles when the hear the exhaust.

Also there is no drone, they are straight pipes, it's impossible to have drone with straights AFIK.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:09 PM
Goody625
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Speedyejl

I love my LMs, the first night I got them me and a buddy went tunnel hunting. Everyone from teenage girls to old men who know cars smiles when the hear the exhaust.

Also there is no drone, they are straight pipes, it's impossible to have drone with straights AFIK.
Cool, thanks for that info! In all the infinite "How bad do these drone" threads......I dont think Ive heard about the SLP's droning. I do have neighbors to be concerned with since I live in a townhome community. They are a real option for me though!

Thanks All
Old 02-06-2007, 09:15 PM
dom92880
1st Gear Member

I love my SLPs!!! Sometimes they can be slightly, obnoxiously loud, but that's part of their appeal (to me at least). They do seem to drone a little between ~1700-2200 RPM, but don't fear the drone! They're great, although I think I'm going to be changing them when I get longtubes very, very soon.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:36 PM
Haze28
3rd Gear Member

I love my loudmouths also, but I will say that when I get headers and a mid pipe they will have to come off. I might go with the SLP Power-flo's, hopefully they sound just as good.

Quick Reply: SLP Loudmouth Sound