Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shaker SH*T500

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 12:34 AM
wthalliii
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Shaker SH*T500

ORIGINAL: blitzed589

Im burning all of my cds straight off my comp onto CDRs and take them straight to the car to test them, and i get the same result everytime. BAD DISC, then kindly ejects it for me. these are spanking new cds that im using so i doubt its a problem with the cds. I dont ****ing know.msadnbaksgbdlfnbsjgbsgbafn!
That sucks for sure. I don't think it's your CD's, either. The computer would probably give you an error if the CD's were bad. Here's some things you could try. Maybe one of them will solve your problem.

Have you tried a different brand of CDR's? Not all CDR's are the best quality. Some name brands are better than others, too. I've mainly used Verbatum, but they're not the only good ones. Not saying you're using cheap ones or anything, but maybe another brand would work better.

The other thing to check is to make sure that you have the Finalize option set when you burn your CD's. In other words, make sure it's not set for a multi-session CDR.

Can you play the CDR's you burn on another computer? If you can't, something may be wrong with your CDR drive.

Can you burn a CDR on another computer and try that in your Shaker? If the Shaker can play it, then that also may mean something is wrong with your burner.

If you tried a name brand of CDR, and tried burning them on another computer, and that didn't work, then I would guess it's a problem with your Shaker.

Old 02-06-2007, 01:29 AM
blitzed589
2nd Gear Member

yeah man, its def. not my cd burner or the cds, im most probably just going to take it to the damn dealership.as;jngljakbgs;jg thanks for the input.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:37 AM
hogpowr
3rd Gear Member

My shaker has been decent for a factory setup, just slam a better unit in there.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:49 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Yeah welcome to the club!
My Shaker 500 will play most store bought CDs okay, but occasionally, when I'm listening to one and park my car, when I come back the player will read the disk from the beginning- starting all over on track one!
Also, am I the only one who has this- do your CDs seem hot after you've played one and then eject it? That happens to me even in the cold weather, so it's not weather related.
You'd think there'd be no problems with this stereo after so many have been used in Ford cars and trucks. The new ones will even take an iPod adapter and have on-screen info.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:04 PM
6xStang
3rd Gear Member

Any in-dash cd player that I have ever owned would eject warm CD's...there is a lot of electronics in a tight space generating a lot of heat. That has never been a problem. The skipper 500 sure does seem picky about what it defines as a BAD DISC. God forbid a speck of dust is on a CD when you load it......

It is much more picky than other units that I own.

But......good enough for me for now.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:13 PM
cam2904
4th Gear Member

Put new deck in call it a day
Old 02-06-2007, 08:25 PM
adidasUNT8
3rd Gear Member

hey guys i was considering changing out the shaker500 for an alpine deck and replacing the 4 6x8's with some 3-way Pioneers.....what issues would i face as far as hooking the 8" door subs up to the new deck? because i dont plan on replacing those yet
Old 02-06-2007, 09:44 PM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

What program are you using to Burn CD's

My Skipper 500 every now and then FF about 3 seconds on any type of cd new or burned.

Richard
Old 02-06-2007, 10:08 PM
Rockman95

For all the folks having trouble with the Shaker units: Are you getting cd skips mainly with burnt CDR's or originals? One thing I'd highly recommend is that you use good quality CDR's and burn no higher than 16X speed. The higher the speed you burn the CDR the more likely you are to experience incompatibility issues with CD players. When I had my 2002 Mustang, I got a new CD burner and thought I would burn all my CDs at the max speed (48X speed). I was having problems with my Mach system recognizing the cds or skipping. I also noticed other CD players around my house were having problems playing the burnt CDs. I lowered the burning speed and since then have not had any problems....Now, I have a 2007 shaker unit and have never experienced any problems. I'd prefer to keep my shaker unit in the Stang because I'm not aware of any aftermarket Head Units that have the six disc capability built in. I know I could have a single Head Unit and add a CD changer in the trunk....however, that would be too inconvenient when I want to change out my CDs.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:03 PM
pork
1st Gear Member

the new Harley radios have had a similar problem. Harley has updated the software on these radios two or three times since they were released. I'm wondering if Ford might need to do the same thing. I burn my mp3 cds at 16x and use the verbatum cd's. So far I haven't had a problem...

Quick Reply: Shaker SH*T500