Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous on 05+ GT

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 08:43 PM
Thurman
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Nitrous on 05+ GT

I have a zex 100 shot and besides traction, I love it. I recently purchasedthe zex window switch, among other things, itwill not spray in 1st gear I say go for it!!
Old 02-08-2007, 12:08 AM
limer06stang
3rd Gear Member

Thanks for all the replys guys it def. makes me feel better about the nitrous cause i know a lot of people are cautious of it....nothsa that's great you got your car back i think i'm going to the track this friday 2/9....again thanks for all the info...
Old 02-08-2007, 04:46 AM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

I personally believe the 75 shot is a rather 2 small for our engines. It does get lost inside the combustion chambers. I am currently running a 150 shot with no problems and I might go up to a 200 shot. What I dont like about the kit is that I would prefer it to be 2 different foggers for each TB Intake. So you could spray 75/75 into the two opennings. Also nitrous is very safe, nitrous doesn't blow engines up; people do.

Andrew
Old 02-08-2007, 05:08 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: androdz

I personally believe the 75 shot is a rather 2 small for our engines. It does get lost inside the combustion chambers. I am currently running a 150 shot with no problems and I might go up to a 200 shot. What I dont like about the kit is that I would prefer it to be 2 different foggers for each TB Intake. So you could spray 75/75 into the two opennings. Also nitrous is very safe, nitrous doesn't blow engines up; people do.

Andrew

Did you get a custom tune to run the 150?
Old 02-08-2007, 05:13 AM
mpn1jgk

Anybody know a good shop in the New Jersey, Philadelphia or Deleware area that installs the Nitrous kits for the 05 - 07 Mustangs?

Thanks,

Joe M
Old 02-08-2007, 04:58 PM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

Yes you have to get a custom tune for anything over 75, and anything less than a 100 will probably get lost within the engine.

Andrew
Old 02-08-2007, 10:26 PM
Norse1974
3rd Gear Member

I dont know about that Bro.Everybody who has been in my car sees a huge differance with the 75 shot!But I do like the larger shots.My tires dont,but I do!LOL!

ORIGINAL: androdz

Yes you have to get a custom tune for anything over 75, and anything less than a 100 will probably get lost within the engine.

Andrew
Old 02-08-2007, 10:34 PM
danyz
2nd Gear Member

I agree. The 75 shot was a serious kick in the *** for my car. You could really notice it. That lasted for one afternoon, then the 100 shot jets went in. a week later I upped it to the 125 jet's, and thats where I've stayed since september.
The juice is addicting!
Old 02-08-2007, 11:31 PM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

If you dyno your 75hp shot you will prob get 60 or so hp to the wheels. It gets lost within the engine those 15 or so hp
Old 02-09-2007, 12:00 AM
jerjan
4th Gear Member

I've been running the Zex kit since my car was two weeks old. The kit is not as complete as they advertise. Your gonna need some extras to run the higher shots. I have mine jetted for 125 HP as that fits my needs and does not drain the bottle too quickly. #1, I added the colder " zero" spark plugs to prevent pre-detonation. #2, I added a heater for the bottle with a high pressure switch that shuts the heater off when the bottle reaches the correct pressure. #3, I was having a problem with the engine light coming on, the codes were reading lean fuel mixtures. #4, I added a fuel pressure gauge and found that when shooting the nitrous my fuel pressure was dropping below the required pressure. #5, I added a Kenne Bell boost-a-pump to raise the fuel pump volume so it could keep up with the demand. #6, I added a Hurst T-handle shifter with the nitrous button so I could keep it from shooting every time I floored the throttle, now it only sprays when I want it to. #7, Make darn sure that you turn off the Traction Control System whenever you plan to use the nitrous. The TCS will actually shut the fuel pump down if it detects excessive rear tire spin from accelleration. This can spell disaster if it shuts down while spraying as the engine will go full lean. I also added an alcohol injection system from Snow Performance. Thier system allows you to run the timing more advanced and also cools the intake air by 40 -50 degrees, this creates even more HP while spraying. So far all this stuff has been needed to make the system work like I want it to. Also, first gear is a joke to spray in, you will mostly stand still and smoke the tires away. So, I don't spray until 2nd gear. Anyway, in a few months I'll be taking most this stuff off and adding a Kenne Bell twin screw supercharger.

Quick Reply: Nitrous on 05+ GT