Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crash@Track - She's BACK!!! Pictures Inside

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 03:53 PM
Tracedaddy
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Crash@Track - She's BACK!!!

Very nice. I've been thinking about "going clean" again and you car might have sealed the deal.
Old 02-09-2007, 06:13 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Tracedaddy

Very nice. I've been thinking about "going clean" again and you car might have sealed the deal.
Yeah, at first when I got the car back I missed the stripes but two days later i'm adjusted to not seeing the stripes in the car but now i'm in love with all black again and the clean look I don't think I would ever want stripes again!

-Jeff
Old 02-09-2007, 07:02 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nothsa

Yeah, at first when I got the car back I missed the stripes but two days later i'm adjusted to not seeing the stripes in the car but now i'm in love with all black again and the clean look I don't think I would ever want stripes again!

-Jeff
I thought it looked different. I must have missed it.. But first you got your car keyed like crazy, then an accident at the track? What happened at the track?
Old 02-09-2007, 10:35 PM
2006GTSC
3rd Gear Member

Looks great..glad you have it back!
Old 02-12-2007, 06:26 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SPARTAN VI

-Jeff
I thought it looked different. I must have missed it.. But first you got your car keyed like crazy, then an accident at the track? What happened at the track?
The track I used to go to is junk and when I shifted into 2nd gear my car went completely sideways and went straight for the wall almost looking for a 360 and I tried to correct and clipped the wall.

-Jeff
Old 02-12-2007, 07:25 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Hey Jeff, I was wrong when I said you can't drive around the water box at the Gainesville track. If you stay in the near lane there is room to drive around the water. The far lane it's a bit more difficult, but i saw a few people doing it. My car will get sideways on the street shifting into second, but not once did it try to go sideways at the track Saturday. I even spun all of first gear and it stayed straight as an arrow when I shifted to second.

Here's a video of me running a pitiful 13.7 at the Gainesville raceway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZZOvuw-BSA

once I get my driveshaft in and some new tires for atleast the rear I'm heading back to Gainesville. If I can't run better than my 13.6, i'm going to killmyself.

Old 02-12-2007, 11:01 PM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

One more thing, I have a street scene grille coming with the foglights centered with the black power coated grille. I may get the matching lower grille as well, I really found a deal for $140 shipped for the upper grille on ebay.

-Jeff
DAMN you.. Was it an ebaystore that has the Upper grill for $140.. ? I want that grill sooo bad
Old 02-13-2007, 12:11 AM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: moosestang

Hey Jeff, I was wrong when I said you can't drive around the water box at the Gainesville track. If you stay in the near lane there is room to drive around the water. The far lane it's a bit more difficult, but i saw a few people doing it. My car will get sideways on the street shifting into second, but not once did it try to go sideways at the track Saturday. I even spun all of first gear and it stayed straight as an arrow when I shifted to second.

once I get my driveshaft in and some new tires for atleast the rear I'm heading back to Gainesville. If I can't run better than my 13.6, i'm going to killmyself.

NICE JOB moosestang! You and I damm near have the same mods......I just got the Hurst shifter.............sorry, didnt mean to hijack!!!
Old 02-13-2007, 12:25 AM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

Even if you can get around it, which last time I was there I could not as the entire thing was wet from side to side. The other cars with street tires bring water up to the line. Making traction a PIA to find. Other than that and the tech inspections its a great track...
Old 02-13-2007, 03:03 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Thanks, but that saab aero I was racing took me off the line. I either spin or bog.

how'd you like that 12 second ranger? I would have liked to see his 60 ft times.

ORIGINAL: StowesStang

NICE JOB moosestang! You and I damm near have the same mods......I just got the Hurst shifter.............sorry, didnt mean to hijack!!!