Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My gas station experience....

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 07:43 PM
Dior85
1st Gear Member

Default My gas station experience....

Well I had my tank replaced last week. I filled it up twice with NO PROBLEM. Today I'm at Chevron, ITS WORSE THEN BEFORE!!! A guy in a Corvette pulls up in front of me, fills his tank......im still standing there and I only had about 4 gallons in and its clicking on and off.The guy looks over and is smiling. He starts laughing and says "That is why you stay away from FORD" he gets back into his corvette and speeds off. im stuck there for another 10 mins. This problem is so ridiculous!
Old 02-09-2007, 07:45 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

Default RE: My gas station experience....

I wouldn't worry about it. Hold the nozzle at 3 o'clock and it should fill up fine.

As for the Vette, my Bro's girlfriend has an 05 Z06 and it's constantly in the shop for one problem or another...and it's not her. She knows how to drive well and always keeps up her maintenance....so you can smile knowing they have their own problems to worry about.
Old 02-09-2007, 07:47 PM
xbone
3rd Gear Member

Next time pour gas on the Vette and throw a match. Love the smell of fiberglass in the morning.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:31 PM
Skoshi42
2nd Gear Member

Good to hear your dealer finally did something about it.. they replaced my gas tank last week, and it has been very good so far.... no problems....I need to go back in on tuesday, for a new throttle body and sensor to be installed... warranty covered issues...
Old 02-09-2007, 08:45 PM
spooky
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dior85

Well I had my tank replaced last week. I filled it up twice with NO PROBLEM. Today I'm at Chevron, ITS WORSE THEN BEFORE!!! A guy in a Corvette pulls up in front of me, fills his tank......im still standing there and I only had about 4 gallons in and its clicking on and off.The guy looks over and is smiling. He starts laughing and says "That is why you stay away from FORD" he gets back into his corvette and speeds off. im stuck there for another 10 mins. This problem is so ridiculous!
hearing about that guy in the Corvette makes me angry. i will now fantasize about him speeding off in his Corvette and rear ending a police car. ahh, that's better.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:52 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: spooky

ORIGINAL: Dior85

hearing about that guy in the Corvette makes me angry. i will now fantasize about him speeding off in his Corvette and rear ending a police car. ahh, that's better.
haha just adjust it in your mind lol.

funny if you were packing a KB and he didn't know it. then you blew his doors off. EL OH EL
Old 02-09-2007, 09:09 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

I stay away from my local Mobile because the nozzles they use always trigger the shut off when it's half way. I found that the less rubber there is on the nozzle, the better. I haven't had that issue in months.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:32 PM
Warlok
2nd Gear Member

I can get about 10 gallons inmy 07 GT at full speed on the gas pump, then im there at least 5 minutes or longer trying to slowly squeeze the rest in. it doesnt matter how I hold the pump handle.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:38 PM
Shaguarama
2nd Gear Member

I justa turn the nozzle completely upside down. No more problems. -Andrew
Old 02-09-2007, 09:47 PM
Dior85
1st Gear Member

yeah they did replace it...but they made it 100% WORSE. I called them today and they pretty much told me to go **** myself.

Quick Reply: My gas station experience....