Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake stand in a manual...

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 05:56 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Brake stand in a manual...

ORIGINAL: Kaldar142

ORIGINAL: fairlane292

ORIGINAL: Kaldar142

line locks are for pussies.

rev it up to like 5 grand, dump the clutch, then move your foot over the brake and let em smoke.

heres an example of how a pro does it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LnoOvp2Ua8
Yeah, but I only want to smoke the tires and not the brakes.

Haha i was only joking around.
I knew you were... I remember when you did your first one and had it posted out here. ...and how cool that was. You have as much fun with your car as anyone. [sm=smiley20.gif]
Old 02-11-2007, 06:25 PM
RUFDRAFT
3rd Gear Member

If you have enough hp, you don't need a line lock.

My rears cost $500.

You burn your's up all you want!
Old 02-11-2007, 06:56 PM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MusiccityGT

Hey fairlane, The kit was a breeze to install. No issues at all. I put an on/off rocker switch in the console where the trap door to the e-brake adjustment is and a shift handle with a momentary button on it. That way they are only armed when I have the main switch activated. They work great! I highly recommend this kit.

Line locks are for pussies? Yea, ok, get your checkbook out when you ruin the rear brakes.
Nice, I like the idea of the on/off rocker switch;do you have a pic of the shift handle with the button on it. Ilike to do something that is pretty inconspicuousbut looks really prof as well. Thanks for the info; I've got a whole extra set of 17" Pirellis and this summer the LLs will be a "fun factor".
Here is the one I got, but in silver. found it cheaper locally - http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...51466_-1_10521
Old 02-11-2007, 07:36 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

Hey fairlane, The kit was a breeze to install. No issues at all. I put an on/off rocker switch in the console where the trap door to the e-brake adjustment is and a shift handle with a momentary button on it. That way they are only armed when I have the main switch activated. They work great! I highly recommend this kit.

Line locks are for pussies? Yea, ok, get your checkbook out when you ruin the rear brakes.
Nice, I like the idea of the on/off rocker switch;do you have a pic of the shift handle with the button on it. Ilike to do something that is pretty inconspicuousbut looks really prof as well. Thanks for the info; I've got a whole extra set of 17" Pirellis and this summer the LLs will be a "fun factor".
Here is the one I got, but in silver. found it cheaper locally - http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...51466_-1_10521
Question for you: here's one from B&M
http://www.optionsauto.com/prodinfo.asp?number=BM-46112

Now this one may not be a momentary switch; So with the momentary switch you apply the breaks, then just hold the momentary switch down, let off on the break pedal and you are locked in; then when you release the button the breaks are released? If the B&M is a push button then you'd push in and let off to lock and then push in and let off to unlock? Is that how this would work?

I can contact B&M tech to check on their switch activation: I suspect it is either momentary or a pushbutton switch thatwill latch alternately on or off with every push of the button.

The Hurst ones I see, say 'normally open' which I believe is momentary, yes?

I really would like to hide the wire, need to look at that.

Thanks for the info....
Old 02-11-2007, 08:25 PM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

The one you are looking at, as well as all others I am aware of, are momentary switches. You are right. Press the brakes, push the button and hold, let go of the brakes. The brakes remained locked until you release the button. The one I got has no wire visible as the factory boot is exactly the same size as the base of the shifter ****. Very stealth. Only a couple of people noticed it on their own. One said Line Locks? And one thought Nitrous.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:35 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

The one you are looking at, as well as all others I am aware of, are momentary switches. You are right. Press the brakes, push the button and hold, let go of the brakes. The brakes remained locked until you release the button. The one I got has no wire visible as the factory boot is exactly the same size as the base of the shifter ****. Very stealth. Only a couple of people noticed it on their own. One said Line Locks? And one thought Nitrous.
Too cool... appreciate the info; will put pics out here when I set it up.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:36 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ok, same method as I have always done; always did RR, LR, RF, then LF (furthest away first) ...still good?

So I have to marry my girlfriend first? ...I don't need line locks that bad!
Yes, furthest away first. I don't even think you need to bleed the rear brakes. I went ahead and bled mine, but saw no air in the brake fluid. This is probably due to the abs module keeping all the brakes seperate from each other.

No need to marry your girlfriend, unless brake bleeding is one of those things that require a ring before she'll do it.

As for the switches mentioned in your later posts. I think all the linelock kits come with momentary switches, be it push button or rocker, they are probably momentary.I used a rocker switch which isn't momentary so I don't have to hold it, but i'm planning to use it as an activation switch and wire the linelocks into the cruise off button on the steering wheel, which would work as a momentary switch, i think.

here's a link on how to do it. It's a link from the no-no forum so i'll have to add some spaces or something to keep it from getting the astericks of death.

http ://www.m o dularfords.com/forums/2005-mustang/cruise-control-buttons-for-line-lock-or-nitrous-64240.html
Old 02-20-2008, 11:10 PM
mikemjohnson
1st Gear Member

How do you shift second with your left foot on the brake?
werd. can it be done without a line lock?
Old 02-20-2008, 11:14 PM
NELS GT
3rd Gear Member

Don't burnouts basically kill an auto tranny over time?

This is why I dont do burnouts. Too much hassle for the little thrill. [8D]
Old 02-20-2008, 11:33 PM
cegha
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: NELS GT

Don't burnouts basically kill an auto tranny over time?

This is why I dont do burnouts. Too much hassle for the little thrill. [8D]
No i don't think you would be hurting the tranny on a auto if you held the break and just gave it gas. Now if you reved neutral and dropped it into drive, that will screw up stuff and is defintly not good.

Quick Reply: Brake stand in a manual...