Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake stand in a manual...

Old 02-10-2007, 03:00 PM
RICAKILLA
2nd Gear Member

Default Brake stand in a manual...

Has anyone tried a braketand in their manula S197? If so... how did ya do it? Im curious to know?Not that id ever do it but id still like the know how
Old 02-10-2007, 03:11 PM
shaners90lxhatch
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Brake stand in a manual...

DISABLE traction control. Give the throttle a goose and pop the clutch. Immediately get back on the brake (careful not to brake too much) with your left foot. Voila! Try not to peg the engine at redline for long. Feather the throttle to keep the revs where you want it.
Then, when you get this downyou canbegin tograb second andslowly let off the brake. Creeping burnouts look soooo **** especially if you turn the wheel a bit and get it sideways.
Old 02-10-2007, 04:46 PM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

Or, get a set of line locks so you don't fry the back brakes. I spin 1st up, grab second, let em spin a few seconds and release the line locks.
Old 02-10-2007, 04:51 PM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

OK- What is it?
Old 02-10-2007, 05:28 PM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

Whats what, Line Locks? They are seloniods that lock the front brakes while you do a burnout etc. You press the brake pedel, engage the line locks and then let off of the brake pedal. Your front brakes stay locked until you release the line locks. I have a shift **** that has a switch that I use, like you would with nitrous. Here - http://www.pmpparts.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=187
Old 02-10-2007, 05:39 PM
dkano
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MusiccityGT

Whats what, Line Locks? They are seloniods that lock the front brakes while you do a burnout etc. You press the brake pedel, engage the line locks and then let off of the brake pedal. Your front brakes stay locked until you release the line locks. I have a shift **** that has a switch that I use, like you would with nitrous. Here - http://www.pmpparts.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=187
Line Locks FTW!!! I have them on my auto, even though I don't do many burnouts, use them mostly at the track to heat up my ET Streets. Don't want to get a new set of brake pads every couple of month when the tracks are open! Mustang GTs should have line locks from the factory!!
Old 02-10-2007, 05:49 PM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

Same here Dkano. I got mine for the track, but can't resist a showoff burnout ocassionaly LOL....

Line locks from the factory? Hey, now there's a thought for Ford![:-]
Old 02-10-2007, 07:25 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: shaners90lxhatch

DISABLE traction control. Give the throttle a goose and pop the clutch. Immediately get back on the brake (careful not to brake too much) with your left foot. Voila! Try not to peg the engine at redline for long. Feather the throttle to keep the revs where you want it.
Then, when you get this downyou canbegin tograb second andslowly let off the brake. Creeping burnouts look soooo **** especially if you turn the wheel a bit and get it sideways.
How do you shift second with your left foot on the brake?
Old 02-10-2007, 07:26 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

Same here Dkano. I got mine for the track, but can't resist a showoff burnout ocassionaly LOL....

Line locks from the factory? Hey, now there's a thought for Ford![:-]
Say, what line-locks did you buy? How was the install and where did you place the control button? Thanks!!!
Old 02-10-2007, 07:32 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

Hey these look good; so one solenoid per side (mounts in the wheel well I see) Nothing locking the back right? I ask because I see some advertised that say lock front or rear which I couldn't understand the reason for except maybe in a pickup with a boat trailer on a boat ramp or something. This looks like a clean setup. How would you rate the installation and instructions?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Brake stand in a manual...