Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I buy a new GT?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 12:30 AM
coltsmavs74

Default Should I buy a new GT?

Hey all.. I"m new here. I've been looking at possibly buying a new '07 mustang GT. What are your opinions on the cars so far?... good and bad please!

I've had mainly firebirds/trans am's for the longest time... but the dealership just wrecked my firebird when they test drove it, so it's totalled. I wanted to get one of the new camaro's when they came out, but obviously with the circumstances how they are, I need something now. I took a quick test drive in a '07 GT and I liked it. I've read about some of the problems here though and just want to get an overall opinion. The one I'm looking at is black with white racing stripes, auto, charcoal interior, 18" polished rims, sticker on it is $30,800, but I have the x-plan through my work also, so I'm guessing it would be around $28k-$28,500
Old 02-11-2007, 12:39 AM
Black06stang
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Should I buy a new GT?

I love my new mustang! If you don't like attention from other people, dont get one!
Old 02-11-2007, 12:43 AM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

I have had myS197since 4/05 it has been a great car. I can't say it has been problem free though it has had a few minor problems. I think a lot of that was because it was the first year of production. It still excites me to drive it after two years of ownership.
Old 02-11-2007, 12:49 AM
JimsGT
3rd Gear Member

All good, go for it!!!
Old 02-11-2007, 12:53 AM
2k05gt
4th Gear Member

Best mustang for ever made, I have 34,947 Miles not problems, Daily driver and Drag racer on the weekends.
Don't buy one... I don't want to see a lot on the road, Please no more. God people Love these cars, I get comments every day, Like .. Nice Car or Sweet sound, Thumbs up all the time, even from Import tuners and some Chevy Guys not many but some, without mullets, I mean you could wait for the Camero or the Challenger and pay more, but why?
Old 02-11-2007, 01:21 AM
grabberorange1
3rd Gear Member

I am totally satisified with my '07 Prem GT.

I wish I had the comfort package, which includes heated seats (which I have and recommend) power passenger seat (my wife can't see over the dash) and the electrochromic mirror with compass. I also would have liked to get the navigation system, however for $2K I would have to really justify that expense. Shaker 1000 instead of 500.

Things I don't like.... I'm still not sure I like the scoup on the hood. I would not get the Sirius radio option again (doesn't sound that great and the antenna on the deck lid is ugly, not to mention the service is spendy) I wish the steering wheel dropped down a little lower, they didn't put the water nozzles on the hood, and put the antenna in the windshield. These things would not deter me from buying again, like I said this is probably the only car I have ever purchased that I didn't regret by the time the first payment was due.

Its a fun/fast car,get the 5 speed!you won't regret buying aStang...

Old 02-11-2007, 01:32 AM
SCS06GT
1st Gear Member

I'm sure 99% of all responses to your post will be positive. There have been a few problems with the cars built during the first two years of production, however I haven't seen anyone on this forum or any other that has said "I flippin hate this car...somebody come and take it away!"

Me personally, I love my mustang. I think about the car and what I'm going to do with it (or to it) during the day and dream wonderful car mod dreams at night. I can't imagine where I would be if I had gone through door number 1! (My first choice was a new GTO until a dealer pissed me off, went straight to a Ford dealership) GO GO MUSTANG!!
Old 02-11-2007, 01:42 AM
Lees07GT
2nd Gear Member

Mine hasn't been delivered yet, so I don't have any first hand experience. But I can tell you not to get too upset that you see problems mention often here on this website. I am a member of a lot of different car-brand websites and it has been my experience that they all are loaded with customer complaints. If a particular model, for instance, was 99% complaint-free, the remaining 1% will complain (as they should, of course) and make the model in question appear to be a real lemon. I have owned several cars and trucks thatnever gave mea single problem except for normal maintenance issues, but if I had read those brands websites, I probably would have been afraid to buy them in the first place.

I say buy the car you like now. Its under warranty. If necessary,the warranty should cover any needed repairs. If worse comes to worse and the dealer fails to correct the problemsto your satisfaction, trade it in on the Camaro of your choice (still about a year and a half away, I believe). From the pictures I have seen of the new Camaro, I'll take the Mustang anyday. Just my opinion, of course.