Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Red Calipers

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 03:30 PM
2k05gt
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Red Calipers

Use painters tape to mask off any areas you do not want painted..
Tip buy an extra can of brake cleaner and some OO steel woolMust clean the calibers off very good
for the ceramic paint to stay on for a long time. Read and follow directions is the key.

http://www.dupli-color.com/products/caliper.html

Here are some replacment caliper kits
http://www.speedconcepts.net/index.php?cPath=21_30

And if money is of no concern Go Brembo.....
http://www.buybrakes.com/store/1B1-8046A

[IMG]local://upfiles/25187/F474F4ECB8004CCA8B34FBE680B0B646.jpg[/IMG]
Old 02-13-2007, 03:46 PM
PDXStangDude
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: oakman

Go to autozone and get their DupliColor kit in red. Clean the calipers with the caliper cleaner in the kit and use the brush and red caliper paint. Follow the directions for use and you will get the results you want.
This is what I'm doing...
Old 02-13-2007, 04:18 PM
policefordtuff

did mine two days ago with red dupli color and it looks fantastic!! the main thing is prepping the calipers before paint! i promise you if you dont do a great job cleaning the results of the paint will show. three months from now you will be doin it over again! so please take your time. i used a wire wheel on a corded drill to clean the calipers and the brackets. then used the brake cleaner. then sanded with 340 grit sand paper. cleaned em up again then applied 5 coats to the calipers and brakets. let em dry overnite and wallaaa!! you got knock off baer brakes! hope this helped and good luck!!
Old 02-13-2007, 04:20 PM
Feng Houzi
3rd Gear Member

Take the calipers off... It is only four bolts... then you can get a really good cleaning before you paint... Get the kit... two extra brushes... one good wire brush (for cleaning), three or four cans of brakleen (cleaning as well), and a can of hi-temp clear coat... I got mine on summitracing.com 11 bucks or so... that realy finishes 'em off... Takes a while to do... mostly cleaning and drying time... I spent two weekends, one on the front and one on the back... Its an easy job, definitely do-able by anyone... Plus if you dont know how to work on cars, the best way to learn is to just do it...
Old 02-14-2007, 12:01 AM
JimC

ORIGINAL: kingsmate20

Anyone know where I can get red calipers. A guy on here named wingman 75 has them on his black stang. I'm wondering about a price, and what they would run with installation. Thanks!
I didn't see a reply from Wingman but I was at his house last month and was talking with him about the painted calipers. He did it himself, bought the kit at a local auto parts store as I recall.Most auto parts store have the kit in several colors.
Old 02-14-2007, 02:21 AM
Sprzout
4th Gear Member

I keep thinking about painting my calipers, but can't think of any color that really goes with the Tungsten Grey. Red calipers would look good with a black or white car, but I don't see it looking good with my color, imho. Maybe I just have to see it on someone's car first.

And of course, I'd want to see what other colors are out there...
Old 02-14-2007, 02:32 AM
jEEd
I ♥ Acer

paint 'em!
Old 02-14-2007, 03:31 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Well any color goes with your car and I think if you had a bigger rim they might look very nice in Black to contrast the car!
ORIGINAL: Sprzout

I keep thinking about painting my calipers, but can't think of any color that really goes with the Tungsten Grey. Red calipers would look good with a black or white car, but I don't see it looking good with my color, imho. Maybe I just have to see it on someone's car first.

Old 02-14-2007, 05:22 PM
kingsmate20
1st Gear Member

Thanks to all for the help! Sound easy enough. I'm just going to paint em. I'll get picks up when they're done, along with that car. It's so nasty here in Chicago!
Old 02-14-2007, 05:29 PM
PDXStangDude
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sprzout

Well, I'll post picks for you then. Since I have tungsten and will be doing red calipers.

Dupli color I believe has these colors- Red, Blue, Yellow, Black, and Silver.

Not sure why anyone would want to do silver.

Quick Reply: Red Calipers