Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Louvers!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 07:55 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

Default RE: New Louvers!

ORIGINAL: unsocbl

Wingman, where did you get that spoiler??? Looks awesome!!
Thanks. Its from Classic Design Concepts, CDC. I went to there factory/shop in Walled Lake Michigan and they installed it for me.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:16 PM
likemike99
2nd Gear Member

I like the same color paint. I thought I originally liked the black louvers but the more I see them painted the car color the cleaner they look.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:28 PM
Shaman
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wingman75

ORIGINAL: Shaman

They look great, pretty low profile which I like. I was thinkin about these http://www.silverhorseracing.com/web...ategory_id=255which actually replace the factory glass, but now im gunna look into the ones you got.

Also, message to wingman, could you plz post a few pics of the ducktaill on ur car, i am very interested in replacing my factory spoiler with that one. ty.
Here you go Shaman. As you can see I got the one without the pony emblem. I think it looks cleaner without it. I was also thinking of the silver horse racing window louvers but I don't like the thought of taking out the window glass. I'm up in the air on that.

Man that looks absolutely perfect! Sorry for jackin the orig thread, but i had to see... Only prob now is that this spoiler looks like it doesnt cover the factory spoiler holes :-/
Old 02-14-2007, 10:12 PM
PinupGirl77
ROTM Moderator

Looks awesome
Old 02-14-2007, 11:16 PM
04stangman
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: photolabgirl77

Looks awesome
Thanks for the love!
Old 02-14-2007, 11:26 PM
2007Grabber
2nd Gear Member

For those of you who are planning on purchasing these. When you recieve them before putting them on, cut a 1/4" slit in the 3m adhesive on the bottom side of the louver so the water has a place to run out quickly. Also before sticking them on, clean your windows with rain-x. I have the same set and have asked a ton of questions about the drainage and cleaning of the window. I also think I am going to put an additional piece of 3m adhesive tape on the back portion of them. Too bad I have to wait a couple months before I can install them. Crappy weather!
Old 02-15-2007, 02:13 AM
vphokie
3rd Gear Member

Those look really good. Nice edges, they look manufacturer installed. I see most people are tending to get the louvers painted the same as the car itself, but has anyone seen them painted black? Just wondering as how I've already got black wheels and stripes and thought black louvers might look good. Any ideas?
Old 02-15-2007, 03:29 AM
Scotte28516
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wingman75

ORIGINAL: Shaman

They look great, pretty low profile which I like. I was thinkin about these http://www.silverhorseracing.com/web...ategory_id=255which actually replace the factory glass, but now im gunna look into the ones you got.

Also, message to wingman, could you plz post a few pics of the ducktaill on ur car, i am very interested in replacing my factory spoiler with that one. ty.
Here you go Shaman. As you can see I got the one without the pony emblem. I think it looks cleaner without it. I was also thinking of the silver horse racing window louvers but I don't like the thought of taking out the window glass. I'm up in the air on that.

Looks great! Just curious, where did you relocate the third brakelight to? Have you been caught yet? It is a Federal law that you have the third brake light on the vehicle if it came originally equipped. No state in the country allows you to remove it, although you can relocate it to the rear window.
Old 02-15-2007, 04:08 AM
Silencer06
2nd Gear Member

Location: Raised in Chicago; living near St. Louis in Troy, IL

ORIGINAL: 04stangman

Hum, my 4.6 liter sticker........................................... . I cant believe I am getting bagged on so much for that??? I think it looks kewl! Its a good thing I have strong feelers!
The louvers look great, but yeah.....hmmmm.....that sticker. I'm not so sure I DON'T like it quite yet, but I will say that the first thing I noticed about it was that "liter" is normally spelled "litre" when referring to engine sizes....and pretty much any other metric use of the word. Oh sure, "liter" is in the dictionary, but it's just not normally spelled that way, and seeing it emblazoned on the fender like that really jumped out at me.....and I'm no English major.

Just a simple thought to add to the others about the sticker. Sorry dude.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:59 AM
Barbarino
I ♥ Acer

louvers look great, the yellow fog lights, front license plate and badge look rice...

Quick Reply: New Louvers!