Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How long have you had your 93 tune and have you had any problems?

Old 02-15-2007, 02:36 AM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

Default RE: How long have you had your 93 tune and have you had any problems?

ORIGINAL: Scotty07
ORIGINAL: GT Newbie
ORIGINAL: cheftjpeck
They told me quite honestly at Ford Motorsports that their tune is admittedly slightly less "agressive" than others (like Brenspeed or Evolution), but I really don't mind having just a bit less "bang" if that means keeping my warranty intact.
Besides, it's the exact same tune that's on the Shelby GT-H, so it can't be THAT bad now, can it............?!
as far as your warranty is concerned, dont let it fool you because it is FRRP its okay....as far as FORD motor company is concerned,,,,if you damage your car and it is due to an aftermarket tune. then they can CHOOSE not to honor the warranty to fix that problem that could be caused by your tuner...it is different with a shelby GT-h because that is what those cars are loaded with and rented / sold as....our GT's are sold with the factory tune, any mods that is PROVEN to cause a problem with nullify fords liability for that problem..but no fear, thats why we have tuners, we return to stock if it breaks down and ford cant say squat except why is your cp blank...which is simply, I disconnected my battery as someone advised me to rectify the problem...etc....as far as it being as good as evos, or brendspeed etc,,,,I cant tell ya since i never tried, it...what matters the most...is YOU like it...
Believe me when I say I'm not letting it fool me (keeping my full warranty after getting the FRPP) !
I explained this in detail on another thread, but in short:

If you have the FRPP installed by an
AUTHORIZED "Ford Motorsport" dealer (of which there are, at the moment, only a handful in the entire country) on a brand new Stang with UNDER 1000 miles on the clock, then the 3 year 36,000 mile warranty on your entire vehicle remains 100% fully INTACT.
I have this IN WRITING from Ford, and it's also specified under my VIN # so that every Ford dealer in the country can see it for themselves should I bring in my car for any reason whatsoever.
This is indeed the exact same full warranty that applies to the Shelby GT-H, though most dealers still have no idea of its existance because it's such a recent development.
'07 GT's with OVER 1000 miles getting the FRPP are only eligible for a ONE year/12,000 warranty- but once again, ONLY if it's installed by an AUTHORIZED "Ford Motorsport" dealer (NOT merely an SVT dealer- which isn't the same thing at all).
To hear about this guarantee from "the horse's mouth", just call Rick Riccardi at Downs Ford (732) 349 2240 (ext. 958).
Actually, it appears that ANY Ford, Lincoln, Mercury dealer can install these parts under warranty. Here is part of the actual warranty statement. Notice it says the car must be new to get the 3/36 coverage and if not then you have until the end of the 3/36 to install, but then you only get 12/12.

http://www.downsford.com/pdf/FORDRACINGLIMITEDWARRANTYSTATEMENT.pdf
then why not just wait till 24,000 miles and then do it the you still have the remaining 12,000 or is this wrong
and who would want to wait that long
Old 02-15-2007, 02:56 AM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

[/quote]

Actually, it appears that ANY Ford, Lincoln, Mercury dealer can install these parts under warranty. Here is part of the actual warranty statement. Notice it says the car must be new to get the 3/36 coverage and if not then you have until the end of the 3/36 to install, but then you only get 12/12.

http://www.downsford.com/pdf/FORDRAC...YSTATEMENT.pdf
[/quote]

Well, all I can tell you is that's not the info they gave ME.
They definitely said that the full vehicle warranty ONLY remains intact IF the FRPP is installed by "an authorized Ford Motorsport dealer".
It's pretty confusing isn't it?!
Maybe what you read only applies to the FRPP warranty, but NOT to the entire vehicle warranty?
Anyway, call Rick at Downs Ford as I'm sure he can explain it better than me (they've already installed the FRPP in over 30 Stangs since the program started about 9 or 10 months ago).
Old 02-15-2007, 08:45 AM
abs

Where I live we don't have 93 feul. We have only 91 and 95.
Will I tried both from Brenspeed and 95 seems tohave much more responce in the lower RPM revs.
I m running the 95 sence last Nov.
The only thing that I'v noticed is that the lag comes back after almost every 4 to5 weeks of reflashing.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:16 AM
xbone
3rd Gear Member

Dont see any adaptive crap with mine, it doesnt change and brenspeed told me it wouldnt. I had to soften up my shifts myself, too hard from brenspeed, no reason for that except the illusion its going faster.Nothing "wrong" with a FRPP tune except you cant upgrade for mods, diff tires, etc...
Old 02-15-2007, 09:33 AM
GT John
3rd Gear Member

The reason your tunes are changing under normal driving conditions regardless of what kind of tune your using is because the Adaptive Learning feature has not been disabled. The Adaptive Learning feature for WOT has been disabled.

The Ford computer has two modes. Open Loop and Closed Loop.

In Open Loop (startup, and wideopen throttle) the computer fuels based off of the base fuel table and MAF transfer function. The stock 02s are not used. The base fuel table is where you command what AFR you want. It’s a table that has throttle position on one axis, RPM on the other. The cells are displayed in lamda (AFR basically) This Adaptive Learn featurehas been disabledin custom tunes.

Closed Loop is where the car is most of the time. Idling, part throttle driving. Here the car receives feedback from the factory 02s as to if the car is rich or lean. This is good, the car makes corrections based off of it, and gas mileage and emissions are good. From Ford, the corrections that are learned are applied to wide open throttle too!!! This is bad! We always turn that off. The car can still learn, but only at part throttle, it will not apply the corrections to other places. This Adaptive Learn featurehas NOT been disabled in most custom tunes.

Having adaptive learning off isn’t necessarily bad, but its not something that has to be done.

With the Adaptive Learn feature disabled in the closed loop your car car would suffer poor gas milage and poor emissions control.

Back in my days, I could care less about gas milage. Right out of the garage our cars ran like a bat otta help.

Hope this helps to answer some questions you all have.

Later[sm=icon_rock.gif]
Old 02-15-2007, 12:15 PM
polishhammer36

http://www.downsford.com/pdf/FORDRAC...YSTATEMENT.pdf
[/quote]

Well, all I can tell you is that's not the info they gave ME.
They definitely said that the full vehicle warranty ONLY remains intact IF the FRPP is installed by "an authorized Ford Motorsport dealer".
It's pretty confusing isn't it?!
Maybe what you read only applies to the FRPP warranty, but NOT to the entire vehicle warranty?
Anyway, call Rick at Downs Ford as I'm sure he can explain it better than me (they've already installed the FRPP in over 30 Stangs since the program started about 9 or 10 months ago).

[/quote] Let me muddy the waters a little more I bought my GT from Downs last year and have been waiting to do some mods until the cash flow was a little better, so anyway after reading some of these posts I went to the dealer and spoke to Rick R and we spent about 20 minutes talking about the car and the FRPP mods. The way I understood it after talking to him was that as long as they installed the mods it wouldn't affect your vehicle warranty up to whatever it was (3yr 36000 etc) If the vehicle had over 1000 miles the FRPP parts were only warrantiedfor 12months 12000, not the 36/36000 if under 1000 miles. GT Newbie you may see me around during the summer, I have a Tungsten GT vert and spend alot of time at LBI. Hope I didn't confuse the matter anymore
Old 02-15-2007, 12:24 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: xbone
.Nothing "wrong" with a FRPP tune except you cant upgrade for mods, diff tires, etc...

True- but since I won't be modding anymore till my warranty expires, I have no problem with that.

[IMG]local://upfiles/53083/4E39BF8BFD8E45C7AF40C60885989C67.jpg[/IMG]
Old 02-15-2007, 12:33 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

[/quote] Let me muddy the waters a little more I bought my GT from Downs last year and have been waiting to do some mods until the cash flow was a little better, so anyway after reading some of these posts I went to the dealer and spoke to Rick R and we spent about 20 minutes talking about the car and the FRPP mods. The way I understood it after talking to him was that as long as they installed the mods it wouldn't affect your vehicle warranty up to whatever it was (3yr 36000 etc) If the vehicle had over 1000 miles the FRPP parts were only warrantiedfor 12months 12000, not the 36/36000 if under 1000 miles. GT Newbie you may see me around during the summer, I have a Tungsten GT vert and spend alot of time at LBI. Hope I didn't confuse the matter anymore
[/quote]

Yeah, that's EXACTLY what Rick told me too, and since I had just under 1000 miles on the clock I was able to get the 3 year 36,000 miles warranty (gotta love it!).
I can HIGHLY recommend getting the FRPP at Downs when your piggybank is full again- they know their stuff and really treat you right!
I did in fact see a Tungston GT vert whiz by several weeks ago in Toms River- maybe it was you?
I've got family on LBI (at Loveladies), so maybe I'll see you around during the summer (though I usually only visit them 2 or 3 times a season).
Old 02-15-2007, 01:23 PM
2oo5stang
3rd Gear Member

I've know what one Forddealership will tell you, offer you, and give it to you in writting, sometimes don't mean crap to another Ford dealership. I've seen where one Ford will install a SC for you and warranty it. but if you drove down the street to the other Ford dealership, they won't warranty any work and tell you to go back to the Ford that installed it. I also read that some Ford dealershipswon't warranty any FRPP pack unless it's the suspension pack. I would be careful what they tell you just to sell you their stuff. I bought a FRPP crate motor a few years back and it said no warranty since it was for a racing appllication and it was only a 320HP 302 crate motor, nothing huge.

Also i have the 91 tune and it's running great. i've switched from the 91 and 93 tune and can't feel a difference.
Old 02-15-2007, 01:42 PM
mAnYsTyLeS
4th Gear Member

The reason why I posted this was because I'm just contemplating whether I should keep my 87 Steeda Tune or upgrade to my 93 Steeda Tune from Brenspeed. The 87 has run perfect for the past 7 months...if I'm only going to see 3 HP...I rather just stick with the 87. On the other hand...if it's definitely going to feel different or give me 5 - 10 ponies then I would consider it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How long have you had your 93 tune and have you had any problems?