Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How long have you had your 93 tune and have you had any problems?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 06:44 PM
mAnYsTyLeS
4th Gear Member

Default How long have you had your 93 tune and have you had any problems?

How long have you had your 93 tune and have you had any problems (small or big)?
Old 02-14-2007, 06:47 PM
mac10chap
4th Gear Member

Default RE: How long have you had your 93 tune and have you had any problems?

had mine for about 2 years now...the only problem i have had is that my foot got a little heavier with the extra HP. aside from that, my car seems to run a little rich at times but thats really not a HUGE deal.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:48 PM
06 Black Beauty
2nd Gear Member

I've had mine for about a year or so but I have reinstalled due to updates with the predator tuner. But I haven't had any problems with it but the huge smile on my face when I hit the gas
Old 02-14-2007, 07:32 PM
scramblr
3rd Gear Member

Running B a m achips Racer Tune and Brenspeeds 93 for about a year and have had them both upgraded for mods. No problems with either one. Well, except gas...but I think that's foot related vs tune related.[8D]
Old 02-14-2007, 07:59 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

I removed the C&L from the 4.0L/auto vert and returned the tune to stock. Fred @ Evolution recoded my tuner for the 4.0L/5spd coupe, and have that in it with the C&L. Love my 93 tune!
Old 02-14-2007, 08:02 PM
RED121572
4th Gear Member

Ive had Brents tune for well over a year.One of the problems that I have is that the car quickly goes back to slush box shifts when driven normally. I reload the tune every few weeks to tighten the shifts back up.

The other problem iswhen the car is at about50% throttle, the car will hesistate when shifting between 1st and 2nd gear.
At WOT, the car shifts fine.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:19 PM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

I've had my Brenspeed 93 tune since Christmas, only problem is I want to drive it more! (No problems, big or small)
Old 02-14-2007, 09:31 PM
Black07CS

I just posted to a diff forum and saw this - Anyone with similar issue?

Having a difficult time with my 07 GT. I purchased the SCT2 and tunes from a VERY reputable dealer, and he is currently working with me very well, but I thought I'd ask the question to you all.

When I install the CAI and the tune it runs great, except when I go from 1st to 2nd Full throttle, I get major lag from 3500 to 4500 RPM's then it hits hard and runs fine. I'm talking WOT, not gradual - then it is fine.

It also happened with the stock airbox and a 93 tune that we were testing out, so it's not just the CAI...

I thought maybe it was the TSB for the fuel pump, but I checked with a dealer and the 07 has the new fuel pump listed and I don't have the issue with the stock airbox and tune.

I have gone back from stock to CAI several times, with several different tunes and can't seem to figure it out.

Again - the tuner is working with me, but he is so reputable and has sold so many of these combos I am starting to doubt the car even though it runs fine stock.

Could it be that anything more than the stock tune is exposing weak spark, fuel delivery, drive by wire, or throttle body issues. Anyone else had problems like this? If not that then could something have changed in the latest 07's? It was manufactured on 1/07.

Old 02-14-2007, 09:32 PM
jmk3
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RED121572

Ive had Brents tune for well over a year.One of the problems that I have is that the car quickly goes back to slush box shifts when driven normally. I reload the tune every few weeks to tighten the shifts back up.

The other problem iswhen the car is at about50% throttle, the car will hesistate when shifting between 1st and 2nd gear.
At WOT, the car shifts fine.
Try disconnecting the neg battery cable for 15 min or so I think it will erase the adaptive strategy & give your firm shifts back, I do it when I'm cleaning under the hood & checking fluids, 8mm if I remember.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:32 PM
Shaman
1st Gear Member

How much does it increase HP and torque?

Quick Reply: How long have you had your 93 tune and have you had any problems?