Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brenspeed VS VMP Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 07:34 PM
grbrorng07
1st Gear Member

Default Brenspeed VS VMP Tuning

Well I sarted out with a brenspeed tuned SCT excal II a couple months age and was very disapointed with the tune. Did not see much cahnge. Some of you may remember me bitching about it. Well I sold it and after a month decided to try anouther one. This time someone suggested VMP. I went to thier web site and looked at thier dyno results and gave them a call. I received it today and run the tune and WOW WOW WOW I am impressed this time. Some people love Brenspeed and that is thier right but i have to say watch outBrent VMP is on the hunt.

[IMG]local://upfiles/51868/58CE07609A35446F967C440D04F155E9.jpg[/IMG]
Old 02-15-2007, 07:43 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Brenspeed VS VMP Tuning

Brenspeed is a class act and there isno reason to speak down to them. I tried other tunes and they weren't as good. The tunes were evolution and B A M A C H I P S.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:58 PM
ohsixgt1217
4th Gear Member

I wasnt under the assumption he was talking down on anybody, just stating what happend to him. Lol someone wants to start a debate, jeesh couldnt even wait until 2 posts were on the page!
Old 02-15-2007, 08:00 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

How does that throttle body work? Is it really true you again about eight horsepower?
Old 02-15-2007, 08:01 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Shoot I just realise you have the BBK CAI.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:41 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

well, brenspeed is not just known for his fantastic tunes. its the customer service, support, and general experience that puts Brenspeed at #1 in my book. he answered every question i had promptly and fully, helped me pick out the right package, worked out a deal for me, all at what i thought was a fantastic price. not to mention the tune file is absolutely genius. took the car from a casual cruiser into an all-out bruiser. i couldn't be more satisfied with not only the products he distributes, but the customer service. he really stands behind everything he sells, and that's important to me when adding mods to my stang.

i don't know much about VMP, and im not saying they're not great. i just want to stress why brenspeed is really a great place to go.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:08 PM
PonyGT2005
2nd Gear Member

Post those numbers on the VMP when you get a chance...definately interested in the results.

I am all for competition and there seems to be plenty of business for anyone who wants to put out a good product and service. Bring it ...hopefully it will only be all pluses for us stang owners.

The fact that there are poststitled <insert CAI/Tune> vs Brenspeed indicates that Brenspeed has a good reputation in that realm since so many people seem to want to compare their purchase againstBrenspeed....same as other vendors who have worked hard and stood by their products/service over time. Beyond just the CAI/Tune angle they've done great by a LOT of people.

As for CAI/Tune...my stang breaths and growls just fine on Brent's tune [sm=shades.gif]
Old 02-16-2007, 12:01 AM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

IMHO mail order tunes seem to be very hit and some miss between the big three around here(maybe four with VMP) formild streettunes.There are groups who swear by Evo, some Brenspeed, and some B Chips. I've been running Evo's tunes for a year straight w/o issue. But some folks aren't as lucky, try anothertuner a voila. Custom dyno tunes seem to be the only way to really get no shyt solid tunes. I think all three honestly have there stuff together but every car takes to tuning a little different, as with any other complex man-made machine. You just have to find that right one for your car.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:43 AM
ohsixgt1217
4th Gear Member

Best post on this topic.

ORIGINAL: Timmay!!!

IMHO mail order tunes seem to be very hit and some miss between the big three around here(maybe four with VMP) formild streettunes.There are groups who swear by Evo, some Brenspeed, and some B Chips. I've been running Evo's tunes for a year straight w/o issue. But some folks aren't as lucky, try anothertuner a voila. Custom dyno tunes seem to be the only way to really get no shyt solid tunes. I think all three honestly have there stuff together but every car takes to tuning a little different, as with any other complex man-made machine. You just have to find that right one for your car.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:49 AM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

Im really curious to see the numbers......although I didnt buy my tune from Brenspeed, I did buy the C&L CAI and it was a pleasant sale!! Im all about who can give me the best of what Im looking for. I have nothing bad to say about Brenspeed and, at the same time, Id like to know about the competitors too, thats what its all about right!! [sm=lol.gif]

Also, what did you pay for the tune???????

Thank ya!!!!

Quick Reply: Brenspeed VS VMP Tuning