Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Would you be an owner of a Mustang if it didn't have the retro look?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 04:19 PM
mAnYsTyLeS
4th Gear Member

Default Would you be an owner of a Mustang if it didn't have the retro look?

I'm going to be honest here, I never in a million years would have ever considered a Ford if the new Mustang DID NOT have the retro look. Every car I've had before this Mustang was foreign. I also think that every Mustang besides the 05 - 07 and the old school ones in the 60's and early 70's are hideous (my opinion of course and I know opinions are like ******** - everyone has one and they all stink).

Iwas actuallyconsidering the 350Z or G35 and then my tenant handed me a 5.0 magazine that he didn't want because it was sent to himthrough some promotion crap. I saw the Mustang in there and I totally fell in love with it....along with the fact that I did NOT see any around my neighborhood (this was the year 2006 mind you), so I felt it would be perfect to be different. Man I made the right choice. Just wondering if anyone else was or is in the same boat as me?
Old 02-16-2007, 04:26 PM
Fireguy28
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Would you be an owner of a Mustang if it didn't have the retro look?

This is my 2nd mustang....so i guess my answer would be Yes! but the retro look definitely helped out!
Old 02-16-2007, 04:27 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Would you be an owner of a Mustang if it didn't have the retro look?

I wasn't really considering buying a new car in spring 2005, as I had a 2003 Mazda Protege5 sport wagon that was very versatile and good handling. But it lacked power for getting onto the freeway. I had seen that 2004 Mach 1 in the dealer's window, but just didn't like the looks enough, to say nothing about how small and unstylish the interior seemed.
I didn't actually like the new S197 at first; the back was too high. But after I read the 0-60 and 1/4 mile times, which were unbeatable for the cost of a new GT I started to check them out. They just kept getting more visually appealing for some reason. After I took a test drive in a black GT I knew I would end up getting one!
I don't know if the looks will get old and kinda boring, like the PT Cruiser has. Only time will tell.
Old 02-16-2007, 04:30 PM
dborne
1st Gear Member

Well this is my 2nd stang but i have never owned anything but Ford so my answer is yes i would buy one
Old 02-16-2007, 04:31 PM
mAnYsTyLeS
4th Gear Member

I think the "Muscle" era is coming back and I'm very happy that I'm one of the first people in my area to be part of it. Pretty soon people are going to start closing down streets and parkways and racing like the old school days (even though I'm not from the old school [&:]). The new Camaro, Firebird, Charger, Magnum and Challenger is just fuel to the fire.

Old 02-16-2007, 04:33 PM
kenthicken
4th Gear Member

Nope. Wouldn't have even considered it. Ford hit a homerun with the whole Mustang package - looks, power, value for the money. That is the only reason.
Old 02-16-2007, 04:35 PM
tientran
2nd Gear Member

I would like to buy Mustang because it is a performence car whether it has a retro look or not.
Old 02-16-2007, 04:37 PM
Shaman
1st Gear Member

My last Mustang was a '71 BOSS 351. Took them almost 35 years to make another one I wanted...
Old 02-16-2007, 04:39 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Probably..
Old 02-16-2007, 04:44 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

No. Only liked the 1960s and early 70s mustangs. I knew they were getting close with the new edge 99-04s.

Quick Reply: Would you be an owner of a Mustang if it didn't have the retro look?