Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Daily Driver or special car

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 03:51 PM
billyjo
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Daily Driver or special car

daily driver and love the looks i get in her everyday. There is something about the feeling of having a car that others want. Drive them with pride.
Old 02-17-2007, 03:57 PM
Haze28
3rd Gear Member

I drive mine everyday, if it wasn't for the snow I'd feel alright doing it, but the snow in my area gets real bad sometimes and is a pain in the @ss to drive in.
Old 02-17-2007, 04:23 PM
JimsGT
3rd Gear Member

Mildly modified GT special car
Old 02-17-2007, 08:59 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

sad very very sad picuture of the buried Stang....

modified GT convert.... Weekends... summer weeknights... most days I drive a total of 11/2 miles to and from a train station.. hardly makes taking the stang out....

Old 02-17-2007, 10:08 PM
Country1969
2nd Gear Member

I live in Wilkes-Barre,PA about 2 hours north of Philadelphia. We just had a major snow storm within a day.
We didn't have much of a winter this year. The temperatures were above normal. I use mine as a daily car since I bought it back in June 2005. I parked it in the yard next to the driveway. The parking around here is ok at times but we started using the yard since we live on the main ave thru our little town. We were hit all at once with at least 15" of snow. Everyone started digging themselves out the other day. The roads are still bad here but driveable. No place to put the snow. My Mustang was buried in the back. I was digging it out some more today. I've been using my wifes car to go to work since she is off a few days.
Old 02-17-2007, 10:21 PM
raubt
4th Gear Member

My '06 V6 is the daily driver, whether it's sunny or snowy out.

However, If I have to go somewhere with a parking lot that is busy, or tight or whatever, and I don't want to risk the Mustang getting any door dings, I usually take the ol' 92 Chevy Silverado (which has already collected a few small dings, so I don't stress about it too much.)

Old 02-17-2007, 10:40 PM
vack75
3rd Gear Member

I think it depends on where you live. In PA especially Western PA, you don't see many Mustangs V6 or GT on the road during the winter.....but come spring, I'll drive it daily. So not really sure what category that falls under, so I picked Special
Old 02-17-2007, 10:52 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

Special daily driver. I have a couple other cars I would rather keep out of the snow.

What I did not expect was how much I like driving the mustang and modifying as much as I have. I really need to stop playing with the thing and get back to the 60's muscle.
Old 02-17-2007, 11:04 PM
wthalliii
3rd Gear Member

I didn't mark mild mods even though I do have some appearance mods. I assume you're talking about performance mods. Maybe not.... Anyway, it's not my only car. I have a 1995 Crown Vic, but that's the car my wife drives. She's afraid to drive the Mustang so far. I think she's afraid of what would happen if she damaged my baby. LOL

I bought my stang on November 11, and I will hit 6000 miles this weekend. That's about 2000 miles a month. At that rate, I'll drive about 24,000 miles a year.
Old 02-17-2007, 11:25 PM
Route 99
1st Gear Member

Special car GT. We've had our new Mustang for only about a month anddrive her on weekends so far. You know, I thought I was going to use our new Mustang as a daily driver, but I haven't been able to bring myself to leaving her all day in the campus parking garage yet. Love the students, but when they're late for class and can't find a parking spot, watch out. Hey, the faculty and staff can be just as careless. It can be a tough environment in that parking garage. I'll be retiring soon, so then maybe she'll become my daily driver. Until then, I am planning on driving our old Toyota to and from work. But I've been known to change my mind.

Quick Reply: Daily Driver or special car