Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My new toy!

Old 02-19-2007, 01:38 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Default RE: My new toy!

she's gorgeous, thumbs up

Old 02-19-2007, 02:18 AM
Lees07GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blmoore20

Thanks to all of you for the suggestions for the license plates, I am going to get GRABBER.
How you personalize your plates is your choice, of course. I've always wondered, though, why people get plates that are essentially meaningless or the meaning is unknown to the vast majority of the people that see the plate. Pretty much only Mustang owners who are keenly interested in the color names of the 07 models will have any likelihood of being able todecipher the meaning ofyour plate. 99.99% of the public will be clueless. They will probably think your nickname is "grabber" or that you have some sort of penchant for grabbing things from others. Wouldn't something like "07 GT", "07 STANG", or "07 PONY" make more sense? Not trying to rain on your parade, but it just seems to me that if you are going to pay extra for a personalized plate,the plate should say something about you or your car that a substantial number ofpeoplewill be able to comprehend.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:54 AM
raubt
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Lees07GT

ORIGINAL: blmoore20

Thanks to all of you for the suggestions for the license plates, I am going to get GRABBER.
How you personalize your plates is your choice, of course. I've always wondered, though, why people get plates that are essentially meaningless or the meaning is unknown to the vast majority of the people that see the plate. Pretty much only Mustang owners who are keenly interested in the color names of the 07 models will have any likelihood of being able todecipher the meaning ofyour plate. 99.99% of the public will be clueless. They will probably think your nickname is "grabber" or that you have some sort of penchant for grabbing things from others. Wouldn't something like "07 GT", "07 STANG", or "07 PONY" make more sense? Not trying to rain on your parade, but it just seems to me that if you are going to pay extra for a personalized plate,the plate should say something about you or your car that a substantial number ofpeoplewill be able to comprehend.
Although I see your point, I disagree with you completely.

Who cares if 99% of the population doesn't understand the meaning behind his customized plate? It's the same with car mods. A lot of people on here do subtle little things to their Mustang that only someone who's really into car mods might take note of. It's just about personalizing it, not about impressing the masses or having them take note. You don't always have to do things that everyone will understand and like, just so long as it's something you understand and like, and if a few other enthusiasts see the point of whatever you did, or take note of it, it's just a little bonus.

As for blmoore's plate, the first thing I thought of when I read it was a double meaning that was referring to someone who womanized (grabbing them), which made me laugh. The fact that it's the color of his car: all the better.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:28 AM
blmoore20

I showed this tread to my wife and she agrees with Lees07GT, GRABBER was meaningless to her (other than me always trying to GRAB HER). She came up with DAYGLOW. I checked the State of NH database and it is available. If I get that plate, she feels like she won. It's all about giving them the small victorys, besides, I kind of like it.
Old 02-19-2007, 10:36 AM
guao
2nd Gear Member

Nice congratulations NOW YOU WROTE" Now if my wife could look 20 years younger riding with me I'd be all set! " Make sure the wife

don't read the forum cause you'll be in trouble buddy

Again enjoy it

Old 02-19-2007, 11:37 AM
05CLASSIC
2nd Gear Member

Great car!!! Like someone metioned, if that color was available for the 05's, it might be in my driveway