Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can I upgrade to interior upgrade after purchase?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 04:52 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Can I upgrade to interior upgrade after purchase?

^^ yep, that's a good one
Old 02-18-2007, 05:11 PM
bodyputtyless
3rd Gear Member

All you need to do is find out what it would take to change the lights to "blue". Everyone I know who has one of these machines has their "My color" set to blue. LOL BTW The "information center" is lame. The read out looks like a cash register from 1973. Besides the information provided is only handy if you play the Mustang version of Trivial Pursuit. Let me see 300+ hp and I give a rat's **** how many miles I'm getting to a gallon. As long as the fuel gauge is operational I'm satisfied.
Old 02-18-2007, 05:26 PM
my77stang
6th Gear Member

im waiting for my gauges to come in. i like the fact that i'll have two extra gauges instead of idiot lights - makes it worth the money right there. bonus for the MPG, it'll let me see what differences mods make.
Old 02-18-2007, 05:43 PM
chronism
2nd Gear Member

OK, Thanks a lot for the help! I think I'm straight as far as being able to have this performed one way or another. I just don't want to take any chances with installing myself, having flashed, etc. I read somewhere in one of the threads that most dealerships will not order and install if it's not a replacement for one you already have? So they won't peform the upgrade? Is buying from Ed the only route to go as far as ordering for upgrade?
Old 02-18-2007, 05:48 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Not the only one but the cheapest, easiest and fastest that is known so far I think.Some people state they are on backorder right now. Don't know for sure. I was explained in the thread I listed above.
Old 02-18-2007, 06:01 PM
chronism
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, I saw that about being on backorder for the 05-06's. Hopefully, mine is an 07 and they will have them in stock. I'll give Ed a call tomorrow and see. If all that is involved is removing the dummy switch and swapping, and removing the one cover and gauges and swapping, a matter of making two wiring harness plug swaps, I may give it a whirl and if I do have any issues (shouldnt since I have traction, anti brake, and I believe tire sensor on 07?), I'll take it to the dealership to reflash.

Thanks to everyone for so much help. This is my first Mustang and I can see this site will be of great use!
Old 02-18-2007, 07:04 PM
my77stang
6th Gear Member

you should be fine. the ones on backorder were from certain build dates that your 07 wont fall into. even if they HAVE to reflash the car, its not a big deal.

i ended up getting mine from a salvage yard cause of the backorder situation but still picked up the switches from Ed
Old 02-18-2007, 09:01 PM
chronism
2nd Gear Member

I just hope that the dealership doesn't try and tell me it can't be done or that if I do it myself and need reflashing, then they won't do anything and even void my warranty.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:46 PM
chronism
2nd Gear Member

Well, I was able to order the guages and switch at my local dealer, should be here in a couple of days. That way I don't have to worry about paying the core charge and then getting refunded. The only guages they could find are the 4 guage cluster and 6 guage cluster w/message center, but it didn't say anything about MyColor. I would assume that those are the only two and that the 6 guage w/ message center will include MyColor?

I will just have the dealer install it so I don't have to worry about the core charge or taking it back if it needs to be reflashed. I guess it's safe to assume as long as I have the wiring harness behind the dummy plate that I got everything I need on my car? There wouldn't be anything else that might not be on it already that would have to be installed from the factory to use the extra guages and message center? The rest is built into the cluster & switch itself?
Old 02-19-2007, 09:48 PM
my77stang
6th Gear Member

you should be good, shame to not go thru ed though...... what did the dealer end up charging you?

Quick Reply: Can I upgrade to interior upgrade after purchase?