Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulled the trigger.... New Stang in the Garage!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 07:25 PM
RollTide87
1st Gear Member

Default Pulled the trigger.... New Stang in the Garage!!!!

Well, I did it!!! A few weeks ago I posted for opinions on whether to purchase an 07 Mustang GT or one of the remaining 06 GTOs at a local Pontiac dealer. After thinking about it for a few weeks, even though I liked the Corvette power of the GTO (extremely fast from a rolling start), I just couldn't get comfortable with the risk of buying the limited production, Austrailian/US built GTO. I was worried about resale value and potential parts availability over the long haul.

So yesterday, I went to one of the local Ford dealers, found one on the lot I liked and was able to work out a deal. I am now the very proud owner of a California Special 07 GT coupe. It is black with the flat black GT/CS stripes. I love the subtle stripes of the black on black. Other than the CS package, it is mostly a basic GT premium... 5 speed, 3.31 gears, Shaker 500 with Sirrius. It doesn't have the IUP but I like the straight forward look with just the black and dove grey with no metallic trim. The black with the unique CS nose looks awsome. My wife and I went out driving around for a while this afternoon. It is great just listening to the exhaust as it runs up through the gears. Now I have to get a car seat for my little boy. I have seen a Graco that has Simpson Racing graphics on it that looks pretty cool.

Thanks to everyone who shared their thoughts on the earlier thread. I'm excited to be a new member of the club.
Old 02-18-2007, 07:42 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Default RE: Pulled the trigger.... New Stang in the Garage!!!!

Pics please when you get a chance....I wanna see the the black on black!
Old 02-18-2007, 07:58 PM
Silencer06
2nd Gear Member

Location: Raised in Chicago; living near St. Louis in Troy, IL

ORIGINAL: RollTide87

Well, I did it!!! A few weeks ago I posted for opinions on whether to purchase an 07 Mustang GT or one of the remaining 06 GTOs at a local Pontiac dealer. After thinking about it for a few weeks, even though I liked the Corvette power of the GTO (extremely fast from a rolling start), I just couldn't get comfortable with the risk of buying the limited production, Austrailian/US built GTO. I was worried about resale value and potential parts availability over the long haul.

So yesterday, I went to one of the local Ford dealers, found one on the lot I liked and was able to work out a deal. I am now the very proud owner of a California Special 07 GT coupe. It is black with the flat black GT/CS stripes. I love the subtle stripes of the black on black. Other than the CS package, it is mostly a basic GT premium... 5 speed, 3.31 gears, Shaker 500 with Sirrius. It doesn't have the IUP but I like the straight forward look with just the black and dove grey with no metallic trim. The black with the unique CS nose looks awsome. My wife and I went out driving around for a while this afternoon. It is great just listening to the exhaust as it runs up through the gears. Now I have to get a car seat for my little boy. I have seen a Graco that has Simpson Racing graphics on it that looks pretty cool.

Thanks to everyone who shared their thoughts on the earlier thread. I'm excited to be a new member of the club.
Congrats!! You picked thestandard black interior for the same reasons I did and I think you'll love it more and more over time. Add some chrome highlights in the interior in the future and you'll love that basic black even more. It'svery straight forward and bold even though it doesn't jump out at you like the metallic finish (which I think is MUCH too much silver....imo).

I'm also considering getting the flat black stripes on my car, so PLEASE take pics so I can check 'em out on yours. In the meantime, definitely enjoy that car!!
Old 02-18-2007, 08:08 PM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]
Old 02-18-2007, 08:10 PM
Black GT
4th Gear Member

Congrats!

Ditto on the pics!
Old 02-18-2007, 08:14 PM
xbone
3rd Gear Member

Those GTOs are killer, and partswould not be a problem.A Vette for half price, looks like a Grand Am, perfect sleeper.
Old 02-18-2007, 08:19 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Ya done good......

We saw a GT/CS Black, with Black stripes at the Saleen Cruise yesterday.....Awesome!!

Congrats,
Mike
Old 02-18-2007, 08:38 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: xbone

Those GTOs are killer, and partswould not be a problem.A Vette for half price, looks like a Grand Am, perfect sleeper.

Don't pay any attention to x-bone- he just likes to jerk everyone's chain now and then (all in good fun)
The GTO's may well be "killer" as far as power goes, but they look like SH*T in a basket, and the Stang is SO damned beautiful that I'd be surprised if you didn't find yourself sneaking off to your garage JUST to gawk at it (as I'm STILL doing every night- even after 3 1/2 months!)
Welcome to the club, and enjoy!

[IMG]local://upfiles/53083/1F2C12D5181E4A22875807205C53B34A.jpg[/IMG]
Old 02-18-2007, 08:52 PM
maniacmikey
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GT Newbie

ORIGINAL: xbone

Don't pay any attention to x-bone- he just likes to jerk everyone's chain now and then (all in good fun)
The GTO's may well be "killer" as far as power goes, but they look like SH*T in a basket, and the Stang is SO damned beautiful that I'd be surprised if you didn't find yourself sneaking off to your garage JUST to gawk at it (as I'm STILL doing every night- even after 3 1/2 months!)
Welcome to the club, and enjoy!

[IMG]local://upfiles/53083/1F2C12D5181E4A22875807205C53B34A.jpg[/IMG]

I agree I find myself just looking at it and still can't beleive I bought it. At this point I can't picture myself driving any other car in the future.
Old 02-18-2007, 08:56 PM
xbone
3rd Gear Member

Well, i think its ok to like different cars. I happen to think the GTO is massively underrated and probably the best performance bargain out there. Looks are in the eye of the beholder and the GTO might be homely but it will smoke the better looking stang. I might get one to replace my 06 because I am underwhelmed by top speed and reliability so far, good looks be damned. I would rather have a homely girl whose great in bed than a hottie who just lays there. Im lucky to have a hottie whose great in bed.

Quick Reply: Pulled the trigger.... New Stang in the Garage!!!!