Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer "Make-It-Right" Concessions - What Have You Gotten?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 12:16 PM
mail906
2nd Gear Member

Default Dealer "Make-It-Right" Concessions - What Have You Gotten?

We've all had our problems with a vehicle and we've all had our problems with adealer [past or present] - someminor; some catastrophic. So what was the result? I am interested to know what a dealer was willing to do for you beyond simply making the vehicle right [which is their responsibility to begin with].

The extremes are obvious. On the minor end of the scale, some have gotten a free wax job. Whoopie. On the other end, some have gotten their vehicle bought back or replaced. This happens but I would think it is rare and hopefully is only needed in isolated incidents. But what about the mid-range?

You've had aproblem(s), or a serious-enough problem. So what has your dealer done for you?

I have a growing beef with my dealer, and I am wondering what is a practical - real world - answer to getting me some satisfaction, above and beyond "making it right." The thoughts in my mind are these:

1. Selecting certain FRPP parts, and negotiating to have the dealer sell me them at dealer cost [whatever that means].

2. Same as #1 or buying the parts at regular price BUT THEN having the dealer install them at a discounted labor charge. 50% of the normal labor charge? 75% of the normal labor charge? What's real world? Would a dealer install a Whipple SC at 50% of the normal labor charge to placate [satisfy] a customer who has been treated wrong?

I am searching for a realistic way to have my dealer compensation me for my grief in the context of a real world solution - something that they can do and would be willing to do.

So what have you gotten, or know firsthand that someone else has gotten? Any ideas?

Thanks. I think this discussion can help all of us SN197 owners. [Let's keep it real world and limited to Ford products and Ford dealers.]

Old 02-19-2007, 02:15 PM
Virgule
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Dealer "Make-It-Right" Concessions - What Have You Gotten?

The time of day......
Old 02-19-2007, 02:17 PM
gatkins94
2nd Gear Member

The ONLY time I've ever gotten more than the standard was when the dealer's idea of fixed was different from MY idea of fixed.....so I let a lawyer take care of it. THAT was a good deal. Other than that, I'm happy with FIXED!
Old 02-19-2007, 02:17 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

WTF....that aint stock!
Old 02-19-2007, 02:19 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

Don't hold your breath.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:20 PM
xbone
3rd Gear Member

A little inside info for y'all, Ford dealers will repair anything no questions asked up to 12k miles under the "customer satisfaction" arrangement with Dearborn. After that, Dearborn demands only broken parts be replaced, which means you get one spark plug even if you should get 8 to do the job right, you get a fuel pump but not a gas tank, etc.... Ford is holding the line on warranty claims after 12k and withholding warranty money from dealers who dont play ball. Fair warning, over 12k your "bumper to bumper" warranty is crap. The 6.0 diesel debacle could be the final spike in Ford, stay tuned.
Old 02-19-2007, 03:13 PM
Exilenla
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: xbone

A little inside info for y'all, Ford dealers will repair anything no questions asked up to 12k miles under the "customer satisfaction" arrangement with Dearborn. After that, Dearborn demands only broken parts be replaced, which means you get one spark plug even if you should get 8 to do the job right, you get a fuel pump but not a gas tank, etc.... Ford is holding the line on warranty claims after 12k and withholding warranty money from dealers who dont play ball. Fair warning, over 12k your "bumper to bumper" warranty is crap. The 6.0 diesel debacle could be the final spike in Ford, stay tuned.
I can testify to this! [:@] I had my convertible top replaced at about 8K miles due to MAJOR RATTLES when goin over RR crossings or hitting manholes in the road.

The problem began to reoccur with the new top (it took about 6K miles for the **** to happen again). I have taken it back from time to time to see if they have found a fix....now that I am at 33K miles I am running out of patience [:@][:@][:@]. I met with the regional ford engineering rep (what ever his title was) and he basically told me that is "Typical of the Car, and Typical of Verts of all kind" B F'n S I told him, and and in response the ford customer service folk called me and told me to basically go pound sand.

I am at an absolute loss for what I should do. But Xbone is right, to a poiunt they will do anything; but now I am once P!ssed off Customer. I sure hope saleen treat me better if I ever get my hands on one of those babies.

Cheers!

p.s. any suggestions for what I should do, please PM me.
Old 02-19-2007, 05:49 PM
Jays Mustang
3rd Gear Member

Well, Other than a battery replacement my only concern has been the front end noise, (thunking/rattle). And they only say "normal charteristic of car". Which isn't making me happy. I was down again today wanting answers. For a week an engineer was suppose to call them backbut didn't. I'm giving to Friday and if no results I'm going up the ladder, to Bill Ford if I have to. I told them today "it's panic button time and I want answers". We'll see what happens but as you all can relate, we shouldn't be paying all this money on a car that has problems, whatever they are.

[IMG]local://upfiles/60765/4F99D6A59BA64B66A5BFEE17B76DA375.jpg[/IMG]
Old 02-19-2007, 05:57 PM
my77stang
6th Gear Member

lets see they wouldnt give us a loaner car while ours was in for a rear end clutch pack because we didnt buy it at that dealer.

they wouldnt take apart the mirrors to even try to locate the cause of the rattles (which i fixed myself later anyways)

i told them it felt like the tranny was slipping at low speeds and after a lengthy test drive the guy said he thought he felt it once but that wasnt enough to warrant a new tranny.

btw, when you guys are idling thru a parking lot or whatever in your automatics and you step on the gas does the car rev at all before it "catches" and starts to go? this is what i experience from time to time and i would LOVE some input
Old 02-19-2007, 07:44 PM
xbone
3rd Gear Member

The hesitation in autos you mention is the computer trying to decide which solenoid to activate. The hesitation disappeared with my brenspeed tune because he ups the line pressures. Its a normal characteristic in the 5r55s.

Quick Reply: Dealer "Make-It-Right" Concessions - What Have You Gotten?