Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I Trade?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 07:33 PM
xbone
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Should I Trade?

Because the cars already have a huge profit built in, and going over sticker is gouging. If they go under sticker that is just less profit. If people are willing to pay it thats their business, but the asswipes at Dearborn are still to blame for creating a phony "shortage."
Old 02-19-2007, 08:22 PM
doodad
5th Gear Member

OMG!!!! go for it!! if i could even THINK that i could afford for it, i would go to dealer today and do it!
Old 02-19-2007, 09:48 PM
chirostang
2nd Gear Member

I found a dealership in Florida that is selling the GT500 for $50k. Best price I've found so far.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:00 PM
2k05gt
4th Gear Member

Yes, I found one in florida for 48,900 I could not get financing or I would have bought it.
A guy in my our local Mustang Club got one for sticker because he owns a construction company and buys all his trucks from that one dealer. so it pays to be a valued customer.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:26 AM
6xStang
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: xbone

Because the cars already have a huge profit built in, and going over sticker is gouging. If they go under sticker that is just less profit. If people are willing to pay it thats their business, but the asswipes at Dearborn are still to blame for creating a phony "shortage."
So you want to the government to tell car makers how many performance cars that they must make....and you want the government to control pricing????? OMG.

Companies will only develop interesting cars if they are free to do so according to traditional business models, and dealers will only be in business if they are free to exploit market demand.

How would you like it if the government told you exactly how much money that you could make, and you weren't free to exploit your skills or contacts to make more money (sorry if you happen to be a government employee)? Same concept. Freedom, baby......
Old 02-20-2007, 09:09 AM
xbone
3rd Gear Member

The govt already does that by taxing us to death, dictating emissions controls and setting the price on gasoline, and defacto setting the price on insurance by letting the companies do what they want. Its price gouging and let people pay it if they want but the companies thatpromote it suck. Its not realistic to make it a "crime" to price gouge but we are being gouged in so many directions its just one more thing thats BS. Ford should be able to sell these cars for the price on the sticker then let the market decide if they appreciate or not. Im just pissed that they are letting the old fart collectors who dont even drive the cars buy them up just to pack them away in storage, when they could easily increase production by 10 to 20percent, make more money and sell the cars for the sticker price.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:44 AM
ADudeInNewJersey
3rd Gear Member

I LOVE MY GT!!!! thats pretty much what I can say about all this. Considering I bought my 05 Used with 16,000miles for $18,000. (Nothing wrong with it) Im just gonna but a shyt load of mods to this engine....
Old 02-20-2007, 11:28 AM
6xStang
3rd Gear Member

I shouldn't do this, but I feel some things must be responded to:

"The govt already does that by taxing us to death": Really? Ever been to Europe? Japan? China?

"dictating emissions controls:" Have yourecently been to a city in a country that has no emissions controls? If you have, you know that you need agas mask.You are entitled, though, not to like emissions controls if you feel it infringes on your freedoms.

"setting the price on gasoline,": Does our government do this? I think not. We pay less tax (by a large margin) than everywhere except perhaps some iiddle eastern countries and Venezuela.we pay half of what other industrialized countries pay for gasoline. Conspiracy theorists may disagree, however.

"and defacto setting the price on insurance by letting the companies do what they want:" Do you have someauthority for this? Some states regulate insurance rates (Mass, for one), and last time I checked, insurance companies were notridiculously profitable.

"Its price gouging and let people pay it if they want but the companies thatpromote it suck." OK your opionion and you are entitled to it.

"Its not realistic to make it a "crime" to price gouge:" It is actually a crime to truly "price gouge" but gouging has a strict legal definition and it is always related to necessities. It will never related to luxury items.

"Ford should be able to sell these cars for the price on the sticker then let the market decide if they appreciate or not.:" Thiswould be called "price fixing" and it is illegal under numerous antitrust laws.

"Im just pissed that they are letting the old fart collectors who dont even drive the cars buy them up just to pack them away in storage, when they could easily increase production by 10 to 20percent, make more money and sell the cars for the sticker price." Yes, that is clear (the part about your being pissed, and you are entitled to be pissed. But I am one of the old farts who could buy one of these cars if I wanted to, but I choose not to because I don't have to, and because I do not feel that they are a good value at current prices. I am not pissed; I bought something else (that freedom thing again).

I'm not trying to start a flame war here.....I just feel the need to set the record "straighter" (by internet standards) when people object to dealers and manufacturers making the best of our freedoms and our free market economy.

<insert American Flag smiley here>