Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This car is horrible when it comes to snow

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 09:57 PM
CroDalmatinac
4th Gear Member

Default RE: This car is horrible when it comes to snow

I had more problems in my parents 2004 Jeep Cherokee w/ 4wd than I did with the Stang. The Jeep is like driving a freaking tank and it handles like one too.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:17 PM
cyberjock4hire
1st Gear Member

You need to get a set of snow tires. I have had my mustang for 2 NY winters so far and have not had any problems. The only issue that I have had was after adding the CAI and tune. If I had parked on an area of ice or snow, leaving in 2nd gear is a bit easier than in 1st. Not that there were any problems, but I can tell there was more wheel silppage because the traction control would kick in more. Besides that, not a problem for a daily driver.
Actually, it's the stock tires that are horrible in snow, and rain, not the best on a dry road either.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:18 PM
Silky_Johnston
2nd Gear Member

do what I do...stay home and drink!!!

Old 02-21-2007, 01:16 AM
Centurion96
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: moosestang

move to florida or buy a truck. ...
That's what I did, see my avatar. Wait a minute, I was born here, does that count[sm=bangbang.gif]
Old 02-21-2007, 05:29 AM
Silencer06
2nd Gear Member

Location: Raised in Chicago; living near St. Louis in Troy, IL

ORIGINAL: ssimaniac

Not even driving in snow, just to park or get out of the parking. I got stuck at least 3 times in the last two days. I had to have people push me out since I kept spinning out at school -_-

Thank God it only snows a few times a year here, otherwise I'd destroy this car. I know I should have gotten some weight in the trunk, but eh. My 2 cents
I do not want to sound like a dick by saying this so I hope you'll forgive me in advance if I do sound like one, but I just gotta say that my first thought when seeing this thread was.....really, are you the least bit surprised that this car is not good in the snow? Come on, be serious. It's a performance car, not an SUV, and for that reason,it shouldn't be criticized or "destroyed" for failing to satisfy your expectations on the white stuff. That would be like me saying my Stang didn't perform as well as I thought it should in the baja sands or four-wheelin' in the hills of Utah. It's not made for that!
Old 02-21-2007, 06:09 AM
cryptic26djp
4th Gear Member

Dude.... its a Mustang....nota F350. I know what you are saying....but sheeeeesh, they werent designed for snow. Snow = Slow!!!
Old 02-21-2007, 08:42 AM
bodyputtyless
3rd Gear Member

If it makes you feel any better, keep in mind that My 97 F150 4x4 is a dawg at the drag strip!
Old 02-21-2007, 04:38 PM
kiki07gt
1st Gear Member

Well, in AZ even we had an "ice" day last month.... got a little tire spin making a LH at a light, and a good Monsoon Rain will make just about anything loose traction. You just have to anticipate underANY condition - and don't exceed the limitations of the vehicle. The rears have been breakin' loose on slick roads since for as long as I can remember. I remember my Dad putting 4 or 5 bags of cement in the trunk of the stang even with the snow tires (upstate NY)
Old 02-21-2007, 05:10 PM
maniacmikey
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bodyputtyless

If it makes you feel any better, keep in mind that My 97 F150 4x4 is a dawg at the drag strip!

I traded my 2000 F-150 for just that reason, that and it snows here once a year and that was as often as I used the four wheel drive.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:45 PM
05 Mustang GT
2nd Gear Member

They where never good in the snow. I had a 69 as a teenager up in Canada, thought they may get better but NO!

Quick Reply: This car is horrible when it comes to snow