Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

KB 2.6 IC Installed

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 05:11 PM
StreamlineGT

Default RE: KB 2.6 IC Installed

ORIGINAL: GrabberOrange07

Great pics!! Now we want details!! Cost, dyno numbers, installation issues, etc. Details!!
The kit was about $6500 out the door with tax and everything, and no major installation issues. I'm glad the car only has 5000 miles on it,everything came off real easy. Some things are difficult to do, such as plug the computer back in after relocation, cutting all the engine harness up to relocate TPS and IAC controls. Some soldering is requires to extend the MAF harness and the washer fluid pump harness. I will keep you updated in terms of leaking fluids and problems after it's running. Hopefully that will happen this weekend.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:46 PM
BigDave
3rd Gear Member

Welcome to the club!
I drive my car every day, in all weather. There has been no issues with water in the intake (10k miles now).
Old 02-21-2007, 08:50 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

fukking sweet car dude!
Old 02-21-2007, 08:55 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

awesome man! great job on taking all those pics during the install, looks like something that's pretty straightforward, not for the noobs, but something a shadetree mechanic could tackle in a weekend.

let us know how it is! vids, sounds, etc! btw your car looks great with those wheels.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:02 PM
HaneyMotorsport.Com
Banned

ORIGINAL: StreamlineGT

ORIGINAL: GrabberOrange07

Great pics!! Now we want details!! Cost, dyno numbers, installation issues, etc. Details!!
The kit was about $6500 out the door with tax and everything, and no major installation issues. I'm glad the car only has 5000 miles on it,everything came off real easy. Some things are difficult to do, such as plug the computer back in after relocation, cutting all the engine harness up to relocate TPS and IAC controls. Some soldering is requires to extend the MAF harness and the washer fluid pump harness. I will keep you updated in terms of leaking fluids and problems after it's running. Hopefully that will happen this weekend.

How much of a painwas that. that is the down side to me on the Kenne.

Casey
Old 02-21-2007, 09:08 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

by the way, what does it say on that little orange tag on the blower?
Old 02-21-2007, 11:24 PM
StreamlineGT

How much of a painwas that. that is the down side to me on the Kenne.
not really a pain, just time consuming.

The nice thing is that the directions are top notch. There is a picture for every step. Very easy.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:25 PM
StreamlineGT

ORIGINAL: AmericanMuscle4.6GT

by the way, what does it say on that little orange tag on the blower?
It just says that the blower is shipped without oil, and don't be a dumbass and start the thing before putting some in.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:34 AM
gidyup
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sherwood06GT

ORIGINAL: Justice

Is it just me or is that not a smart place to put your air-intake? If you ever drive trough a puddle, and you're unlucky,you'll suck up water... I doubt your engine will like that.
I live in Oregon, and I've had no issue. Obviously you don't want to drive through lakes or even ponds, but as long as the water isn't more than 3 or 4 inches deep, and you drive slowly, it won't hurt anything. You wouldn't want to drive through water any deeper than any anyway!
KB designed it that way to draw in cool air as far away from the engine bay as possible. This design is unique to KB as far as I can tell, and they stand behind it.
Sherwood, you make it sound like it rains here all the time...oh wait, it friggin' does!
Old 02-22-2007, 03:03 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Looks great now I am swaying towards the KB instead of the Whipple. Not alot of difference but the whipple is a 2.3L and the intake goes to the drivers side which I do not like though it has an OEM look. Anyway looking forward to numbers on the dyno and how it sounds if possible! J

Quick Reply: KB 2.6 IC Installed