Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boy Racer Wing

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 01:15 AM
TinPony
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Boy Racer Wing

If you like it ....get it. I personally Don't care for it. Does Anyone know if the Wing that comes (factory) on the V-6's is interchangeable
with the GT. (same holes, no drilling or filling) I'm thinking it should since they are both made for the same car.
Old 02-24-2007, 02:09 AM
cryptic26djp
4th Gear Member

hate it! with or without the full kit.... just NOT for the Mustang!!!
Old 02-24-2007, 02:14 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

I love the look on your car but you have other appearance mods as well and they tie it in nicely. If you go with the ducktail I have one on and mattblasi, s2k, and others have it and are very happy with it. Pics are in the gallery....later J JMO
ORIGINAL: skilz4u2nv

Here I am... The guy with the wing that everyone loves to hate! lol

I like the wing obviously... the Steeda wing is more rigid but and this is a big but... It does not use the factory holes like the Boy Racer one does... The Boy Racer wing is pretty much paint, plug, and play.. The Steeda you have to plug up the factory holes , paint it and re drill new holes...

I have to take newer pictures of my wing because it was recently painted by my friend... The Boy Racer has these side inserts if you will on each end of the wing which you you so chose you can take out and paint a different color... I took mine off and painted them red with a lil design on it to match my red brakes and red interior...

Now with all that said I will be getting rid of my wing in the late spring to early summer and going with the CDC ducktail spoiler....why i am doing this i have no idea lol... i really like the wing especially that i was able to put some red on it... i will take newer pics this weekend and post them up...

Triple T if you do go with the boy racer wing get ready to get alot of hate and ricer comments on it lol .. but its really not as huge as everyone makes it out to be.. in some pics it does look big but in person its really not
Old 02-24-2007, 09:14 AM
GrabberOrange07
2nd Gear Member

The thing I love about our cars is that each has its own personality. Do what you want to it. Just make sure you back up the look with power under the hood.
Old 02-24-2007, 11:21 AM
Triple T
1st Gear Member

Haha. Thanks everyone for the response. I indeed am working on backing up the look with the *****. I liked the fact the wing goes in the pre drilled factory holes. I also thought that with theGT500esque rear end onmy GT/CS, the wing might work. Too add to all this, and here come the comments,I am leaning towards putting lambo doors on her along with matching blue ground fx neons. I can feel the hate coming through the keyboard!She is no garage queen though... In only my first 2k miles, Ive managed to accure 8 points on my license and be clocked at 132 mph (friend isa cop).

First step is to install the SLP LM's that are coming this week and then Ill make the decision. I understand the heritage of these cars but as mentioned before, I love the fact that its my car and I can do whatever makes me smile.

Cheers!
Old 02-24-2007, 12:00 PM
Jays Mustang
3rd Gear Member

Ya like I say to alot of people, do what you like. The Cobra R isn't too high as some rice ones I've seen. Hey It's up to you. Doesn't matter what everyone else thinks unless that's what your asking. Ifyou are asking,I don't like them myself.
Old 02-24-2007, 04:00 PM
skilz4u2nv
3rd Gear Member

lambo doors AND neon ground fx!! oh boy do you have a death wish?! you cant say things like that on these forums!! there are too many closed minded people that will hate and bash your car... with that being said i like the lambo doors on the mustang, i just have no money to do it... as far as the neons go: if i even think about puttin those on the nyc cops will be up my *** so fast its not even funny!

ORIGINAL: Triple T

Haha. Thanks everyone for the response. I indeed am working on backing up the look with the *****. I liked the fact the wing goes in the pre drilled factory holes. I also thought that with theGT500esque rear end onmy GT/CS, the wing might work. Too add to all this, and here come the comments,I am leaning towards putting lambo doors on her along with matching blue ground fx neons. I can feel the hate coming through the keyboard!She is no garage queen though... In only my first 2k miles, Ive managed to accure 8 points on my license and be clocked at 132 mph (friend isa cop).

First step is to install the SLP LM's that are coming this week and then Ill make the decision. I understand the heritage of these cars but as mentioned before, I love the fact that its my car and I can do whatever makes me smile.

Cheers!
Old 02-24-2007, 06:22 PM
WuStangKlan
I ♥ Acer

"bOY rACER" tHAT SOUNDS GAY.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:51 PM
skilz4u2nv
3rd Gear Member

I know the pics are horrible... I took them with my camera phone... I will try to get better ones but I just wanted to post them so you get the idea of what I did...

[IMG]local://upfiles/25429/E3864912F992483AA67D10F91BF6A428.jpg[/IMG]
Old 03-03-2007, 09:05 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

Considering the boy racer was the name for the old fr500c and man racer is the name for fr500gt i wonder if theyll amke a man racer wing o_O

Quick Reply: Boy Racer Wing