Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shelby GT dealer visit

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 01:57 PM
JimsGT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Shelby GT dealer visit

ORIGINAL: NickSezz

Yeah Elite....they are not elite they suck...Im going to fette now...ill have to check it out soon

ORIGINAL: JimsGT

What dealer is that? Im in north jersey...I hate the dealer down the street from me soI have to travel to get stuff done.

Come to north Jersey, there's a dealer that sells EVRYTHING at sticker (GT500, Saleen, Shelby GT, etc, etc)
Funny story BTW...lmao dick head...
Yeah, that would've been nice to mention it, right??? LOL

Fette Ford in Clifton, NJ (Where I got my '06 GT way under sticker)

www.fetteford.com

BTW... I can guess the dealer you hate thats down the street...is it on Washington Ave in Belleville, starts with an "E" ??? LOL

Yeah, best Ford dealer around in our area, Fette Ford! (Lyndhurst here, btw) The only dealer that would "work " with me. Not only Elite, Stadium sucks too.

Old 02-24-2007, 01:59 PM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

Good to know...thanks.

Yeah Elite....they are not elite they suck...Im going to fette now...ill have to check it out soon

What dealer is that? Im in north jersey...I hate the dealer down the street from me soI have to travel to get stuff done.

Come to north Jersey, there's a dealer that sells EVRYTHING at sticker (GT500, Saleen, Shelby GT, etc, etc)
Funny story BTW...lmao dick head...
Yeah, that would've been nice to mention it, right??? LOL

Fette Ford in Clifton, NJ (Where I got my '06 GT way under sticker)

www.fetteford.com

BTW... I can guess the dealer you hate thats down the street...is it on Washington Ave in Belleville, starts with an "E" ??? LOL

Yeah, best Ford dealer around in our area (Lyndhurst here)
Old 02-24-2007, 02:00 PM
Dumpweed
2nd Gear Member

it sucks to see dealers like this. the dealer i bought my car at they have marked up all GT500's by $20,000 last i knew. i was able to get my stang for x-plan BUT they didnt want to. in my case i also had a "salesbunny", and i think she was really new. in fact when i placed the order for my car she had to have someone come over because she had never done it. when i got there i said "i get the ford x-plan" and she was like "ok we can do that".

no on a regular stang GT, they could dicker some they sell a ton of them. now the GT500's and the Shelby GT's, i think they could sell at MSRP and nothing less and people buying them would be ok with that. something limited like the Shelby GT and GT500's are special i understand not going below MSRP. just sucks. if i was in the market forone of the shelby's and couldnt find a dealer selling at msrp, i'd look into other cars inthe same price rang i was going to pay. it doesnt make sense for dealers to not make happy repeat customers
Old 02-24-2007, 02:12 PM
TinPony
3rd Gear Member

I have been closely following GT500 prices since before the first one hit the showroom. The prices are going down some. Once all the collectors and gottahaveits are through the prices will continue down. If you look on Ebay you will see dozens in the 10-12k ADM range
and I'll bet you can get that down lower the longer that car is taking up floorspace. "salesbunny" . . . . cute . .LMAO
The law of supply and demandis working all the time, justlike the law of gravity......
Old 02-24-2007, 04:26 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Maybe Mr. Head was just trying to get rid of you. I mean did you REALLY ask if the Shelby GT came with a BLUE stripe? You know how snobby some salespeople can be! And you probably weren't wearing a 3-piece suit, carrying a briefcase full of $100's! It's like that everytime I go to any dealership in LA! A hot summer day and I still gotta put on dress pants to show these clowns that I'm able to buy a new car!
Old 02-24-2007, 04:42 PM
Justabear
2nd Gear Member

I was very professional about everything. I mentioned that I knew Shelby did their work in Vegas, white was a stock color so could I order a blue stripe instead of silver? Answer should have been sorry/no, not I am not sure. Mistake was asking the tight skirted salesbunny a question about the trans gearing vs the stock GT, poof she disappeared.
Old 02-24-2007, 04:49 PM
07GTEddy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jurnymn

With a name like Dick Head were you surprized?
Oh Man!

I cant stop laughing now.......................
Old 02-24-2007, 06:43 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Saw one for sale in North Charleston, South Carolina for 43,000 unfuc7ing believable but it is the prettiest stang I have ever seen.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:17 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bodyputtyless

I just don't get it. You all get fired up when they manufacture a product that is in high demand and they mark up the MSRP. I don't hear anyone complaining when they have to sell other models well below MSRP. The 07 F 150 4x4 Crew cabs are practically being given away by the dealers in my vicinity. Its the way capitalism works. They have all learned to use what I call the "Harley Davidson" method of supply and demand. You make just enough so the demand is always there. The do this with the Play station 3, Wii, Shelby etc.

In 1997 I ordered a 97 F150 4x4 ext cab XLT. I paid $23K delivered. Today they are selling 07 F150 Crew cabs 4x4 for $22800.

GM marks up tthe ZO6. Dodge marks up the Viper and the list goes on. There's a ton of money out there floating around in the baby Boomers 401K's. The first of the BB is retiring. I say , "Let the games begin".
I understand what you are saying but Toyota doesn't have a GT500, Z06, Viper category car, but they have 'real high demand' for the Camry and it can readily be bought below MSRP. The 'Big 3' are all on paths to bankruptcy; I wouldn't give a nickle for their marketing stratgies. What positive impact do you think the SSR, GTO, Crossfire, Lightening, X-TremeS10, GT500, Z06, Viper, etc.have had on their bottom lines. ..."squat". I drive all over and would be lucky to see one of these in a week. UGH!!
Old 02-24-2007, 10:54 PM
07GTEddy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fairlane292

ORIGINAL: bodyputtyless

I just don't get it. You all get fired up when they manufacture a product that is in high demand and they mark up the MSRP. I don't hear anyone complaining when they have to sell other models well below MSRP. The 07 F 150 4x4 Crew cabs are practically being given away by the dealers in my vicinity. Its the way capitalism works. They have all learned to use what I call the "Harley Davidson" method of supply and demand. You make just enough so the demand is always there. The do this with the Play station 3, Wii, Shelby etc.

In 1997 I ordered a 97 F150 4x4 ext cab XLT. I paid $23K delivered. Today they are selling 07 F150 Crew cabs 4x4 for $22800.

GM marks up tthe ZO6. Dodge marks up the Viper and the list goes on. There's a ton of money out there floating around in the baby Boomers 401K's. The first of the BB is retiring. I say , "Let the games begin".
I understand what you are saying but Toyota doesn't have a GT500, Z06, Viper category car, but they have 'real high demand' for the Camry and it can readily be bought below MSRP. The 'Big 3' are all on paths to bankruptcy; I wouldn't give a nickle for their marketing stratgies. What positive impact do you think the SSR, GTO, Crossfire, Lightening, X-TremeS10, GT500, Z06, Viper, etc.have had on their bottom lines. ..."squat". I drive all over and would be lucky to see one of these in a week. UGH!!
Good point Fairlane,

I have seen a couple of Z06's, 1 viper, but it probable matters where you live to? This where i live in a small town in riverside county (So. Cal.) but if i got closer to L.A. maybe see more? But i see the marketing aspect....

Quick Reply: Shelby GT dealer visit