Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FIRST DYNO SOMEWHAT HAPPY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 02:25 PM
GTJUNKIE
2nd Gear Member

Default FIRST DYNO SOMEWHAT HAPPY!!!

I went to Stang-hi yesterday for a dyno day to see what I'm working with. The results on my auto were 281 rwhp and 303 rwtorq. I couldn;t get brent on the phone to get a dyno tune for the car so this is the best cody coulddo. The thing I'm curious about is my fisrt run my tranny dropped down 1 gear and the rwhp shot to 293. Am I correct in saying that the lower the gear the more HP the car produces. Anyway I'm still a little short of what I want. I'm looking for 300-330 rwhp. So what do you guys think about the #'s so far. Mods are on my sig.
Old 02-25-2007, 02:32 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Default RE: FIRST DYNO SOMEWHAT HAPPY!!!

ORIGINAL: GTJUNKIE

I went to Stang-hi yesterday for a dyno day to see what I'm working with. The results on my auto were 281 rwhp and 303 rwtorq. I couldn;t get brent on the phone to get a dyno tune for the car so this is the best cody coulddo. The thing I'm curious about is my fisrt run my tranny dropped down 1 gear and the rwhp shot to 293. Am I correct in saying that the lower the gear the more HP the car produces. Anyway I'm still a little short of what I want. I'm looking for 300-330 rwhp. So what do you guys think about the #'s so far. Mods are on my sig.
nice numbers.....our 05+ GT's aresupposed to be dyno tested in 4th gear...it should go up through the gears etc....lower gear does not neccesarily equate to higher HP. there is a whole physics explanation here that I admittedly do not have enough knowledge to describe. overall your numbers are very solid....a couple more mods and you will be there....more important than your dyno numbers is what your ***"o"meter tells ya.....good luck and be safe with it...
Old 02-25-2007, 02:34 PM
05 Ricky
2nd Gear Member

I dynoed yesterday tooI put down 285/301 with my middle grade tune. Previously I had it on the dyno with my 92 octane tune and it did 290/305! The higher octane was worth 5 ponies and 4ftlbs of torque at the tiresMods below.
Old 02-25-2007, 02:36 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05 Ricky

I dynoed yesterday tooI put down 285/301 with my middle grade tune. Previously I had it on the dyno with my 92 octane tune and it did 290/305! The higher octane was worth 5 ponies and 4ftlbs of torque at the tiresMods below.
both you guys have some real solid numbers with your mods...nice job....would love to see the dyno sheets...they look great..congrats
Old 02-25-2007, 02:46 PM
MartyMoose
3rd Gear Member

Can you post the Dyno graph?

What kind of Dyno was it (MD or DJ)?

Your numberslook good. [sm=burnout.gif]

Old 02-25-2007, 02:49 PM
GTJUNKIE
2nd Gear Member

One point I forgot to add was that I was concerned about my A/F so I paid the x-tra 10 bucks to get it chaecked and the Number was right on cody said Running 13.1. I was seeing some carbon out the exhausts which I still have but the numbers say I'm not rich. I am so happy with my brenspeed tune. It is nice to know that you can get a canned tune that is on and can have no worries about. I am gonna mod some more but am torn between LT and Cams VS Super charger. The complete price between the 2 will be the decideing factor. I'm pretty sure the LT's and the comp cams will get me to my goal.
Old 02-25-2007, 02:51 PM
GTJUNKIE
2nd Gear Member

We are waiting on the e-mail from Cody that has the graph but it was a dynojet dyno.
ORIGINAL: MartyMoose

Can you post the Dyno graph?

What kind of Dyno was it (MD or DJ)?

Your numberslook good. [sm=burnout.gif]

Old 02-25-2007, 02:56 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

One point I forgot to add was that I was concerned about my A/F so I paid the x-tra 10 bucks to get it chaecked and the Number was right on cody said Running 13.1. I was seeing some carbon out the exhausts which I still have but the numbers say I'm not rich. I am so happy with my brenspeed tune. It is nice to know that you can get a canned tune that is on and can have no worries about. I am gonna mod some more but am torn between LT and Cams VS Super charger. The complete price between the 2 will be the decideing factor. I'm pretty sure the LT's and the comp cams will get me to my goal.
heck yeah....LT's will push you over 300 rwhp ....cams are expensive, but I know a couple guys that have them and it is putting down good numbers as well..me, I went with LT's and will go Supercharger: i think you already have UDP which you would need to change if you go SC...anyways...good luck
Old 02-25-2007, 05:24 PM
2k05gt
4th Gear Member

When you get theDyno Sheet could youPost it here, with a List of modshttps://mustangforums.com/m_2625816/tm.htm
It would make it eaiser for me to enter them into the database, if I did not have to search
for them. Thanks

Spreadsheet
http://home.comcast.net/~swieduwilt01/Mustangforums_Dynos.xls

If you have a base line Stock Dyno I need those as well. When I am finished the program will be a great tool for all your future Mods Thanks for all your help.

Old 02-25-2007, 05:35 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

What are the 5 speeds stock at the rear wheels??Thanks

Quick Reply: FIRST DYNO SOMEWHAT HAPPY!!!