Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many problems have you had with your new 05/06/07 Mustang V6 or GT?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 12:32 AM
HypromanGT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: How many problems have you had with your new 05/06/07 Mustang V6 or GT?

Geez I seem to miss these polls when they initially come out. I'm in for 3+ problems, not all resolved.

1. Passenger leak - unresolved
2. Clutch packs - resolved
3. The now infamous "strut clacking" - unresolved
4. Car hesitation (fuel pump) - resolved
5. Broken seat **** - resolved

Just a few days over a year old and 20,600mi (yeah I know, lots o' miles)
Old 03-02-2007, 12:36 AM
raubt
4th Gear Member

Default RE: How many problems have you had with your new 05/06/07 Mustang V6 or GT?

Only problem I've had from the factory with my V6 is that one of the brackets on my rear bumper was bent or something, so the bumper had a bit larger of a gap between it and the body than usual. Quick fix, no worries. Other than that, the car's been great.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:39 AM
celenztah
2nd Gear Member

It's my guess that in polls asking who has/had this problem/these problems or that..... that those who had enough problems to merit (and to a fair extent, justifiably so) disillusionment with their S197 vehicle may have in fact quit perusing forums such as this one, sold or lemon lawed their vehicle and went for something entirely else.... and we'll never hear from them again.

Me.... Call me silly, but in spite of the multitudes (when compared with the "typical" new car experience) of visits to the dealership over the infamous passenger side rain leak, the air bubbles in the fuel pump assembly (causing a hesitation upon acceleration after a long cruise at highway speeds) and a loose, wiggling passenger side door handle and a constant rattle in the center console and finally..... well... I haven't taken it to the dealership for this one yet, but I will in the next couple of weeks... excessively squeaking freakingbrakes at only 18k miles....... I still love this S197 Mustang!!!!

Most of my issues have been repaired to my satisfaction. It is the fact that I've had to visit the dealership so many times in only 8 months of owning the car that casts a serious sour shadow on the overall experience. But somehow.... when I look at this car, drive this car, hear this car and still see the looks from passersby...... I am not yet dissillusioned myself.

So... I am not sure that any poll of this general nature can readily produce results that would be categorically undeniable evidence to catch Ford's attention and make them bow humbly and apologize while writing out those rebate checks to us.

Ultimately... many of my posts, while containing a potentially logical message, arrive at their meaning out of a love for rambling on in text with the written... oops.. typed word. That's a disclaimer folks. [8D]
Old 03-02-2007, 12:53 AM
sw07gt
4th Gear Member

Zero.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:08 AM
SCS06GT
1st Gear Member

Only problem I've had in the six months that I've had my 06 is having my window tint scratched....
Old 03-02-2007, 01:15 AM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

Zero, but It could have had a bigger motor stock....like the 351 mod motor (v10)
Old 03-02-2007, 01:26 AM
RUFDRAFT
3rd Gear Member

Zero problems - except people not knowing their car's abilities at stop lights. I teach them.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:27 AM
doode
3rd Gear Member

rear brake pads - fixed under warranty
melted headlight caps - fixed under warranty
fuel pump - fixed under warranty
transmission , 4th gear knocking - tranny currently being replaced under warranty

i still love this car!
CAI and tuner goes on once i get it back
Old 03-02-2007, 12:03 PM
4.6man

1.- Bad dash rattle-sounded like a 30 year old 4 wheel drive when it was brand new.-dealer fixed .
2.- Rear end whine - dealer fixed.
3.- Dead battery - dealer replaced.
4.- ticking noise in motor- -sounds like a lifter to me--dealer said it was normal--I'm not satisfied with this and will go back when the weather gets better--car has not been out of garage or even started for 3 m
months. I have opened the doors to see if the battery is ok-so far so good.
5.- thunking noise in right rear I think it's an exhaust rattle of some kind-- will have dealer check it.
These are the problems on my 05 gt.

On my wifes 06 pony package we have the same thunking noise in the right rear-- exaust I think. We also have the hesitation after a cruise. I have not taken it in yet to be fixed--it's her daily driver unless the roads are too bad then she drives my 97 F-150 4wheel drive which has a much better and quieter ride than either of these mustangs. I bought the truck new 10 years ago and have had no problems with it. I've always been loyal to Ford for the past 30 years but these new mustangs look great but the quality is an embarasment to Ford and to me as an owner.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:02 PM
imyy4u
3rd Gear Member

do you realize that so far, out of 80+ respondents, only half (50%) have had no issues with their brand new car?!

UNREAL!!!

Quick Reply: How many problems have you had with your new 05/06/07 Mustang V6 or GT?