Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang Sales Decline

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 05:46 PM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Mustang Sales Decline

ORIGINAL: 05BlueGT

I was reading the production numbers for February and Mustang sales are down more than 19 percent from last year. There are 2 factors to consider on this.

1.) February was more brutal this year than in years past.
2.) It appears that most people who wanted the new Mustangs have them.

I bet in the next few months, there will be some incentives like cash back and low interest rate loans to get them moving again. I would think that if you are in the market for a new Mustang,the dealers are just about ready to wheel and deal.

What are your thoughts?
actually theyve had the cash backs and 0% interest which is what i have so its all good
Old 03-01-2007, 05:47 PM
DAVISinLA

I know of at least ONE they sold last week.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:54 PM
b_hollier
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: shamrock..

I hate to say it, but Ford is an old mans company. They have yet to adapt to any other kind of sports car market. A lot of people are getting into the sport compact market such as the WRX, EVO Cobalt SS, SRT-4 and whats the only thing Ford has the Mustang. They should have kept a vehicle like the Contour SVT or even the SVT line of vehicles. The dumbasses at the top of the food chain are idiots. I wonder if they will be suprised when one day at thetop of their pay check says Toyota or Honda. I love the Mustang and all ,but come on. They deserve what they get
I would have to agree with you.

I bought the Mustang because it is the only sport convertible that has 4 seats and looks decent. In the past the mustangs a couple of my friends have owned didn't have near the amount of problems I have had with hers. Guess it is just a lessoned learned.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:51 PM
GusinCA

I would never buy one of those tiny cars.
Safety is important to me, and in a crash mass is still one of the key factors in force absorption.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:32 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Hmmm....one could not tell they way our local dealers can't keep up with the demand...
Old 03-01-2007, 11:35 PM
07GTEddy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DAVISinLA

I know of at least ONE they sold last week.
Make that 2...............
Old 03-02-2007, 12:10 AM
maniacmikey
2nd Gear Member

I went back to my dealer yesterday to drop off some paper work on the car I bought 3 weeks ago. The same cars were in the same place's they were in when I bought. I got scared whenI went to the parts department to buy touch up paint for $13.88 for a little pen full of paint. When I bought a new Chevy 10 years ago they sent me a touch up pen each time they sent me a letter about my truck. I had a half dozen of these in my glove box.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:16 AM
feejay
2nd Gear Member

I think a few things are at play here:

1) The s197 Mustangs arent as rare as they were nor are they as hard to get as there are now used vehicles available.

2) People are waiting for the new special editions. The Shelby, the GT-500, the FR500, the Boss.

Just my opinion. Flame away everybody, I already put the asbestos underwear on.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:22 AM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

[]
I better sell my stock!!!
Old 03-02-2007, 01:46 AM
wmtheflash
3rd Gear Member

The buzz around the new Mustang is starting to die down a little. I agree, a lot of people that had to have the car have bought one by now. Which makes you wonder how many people will be left to buy a new Camaro or Challenger?

As far as WRX's and the like. How many WRX's do they actually sell each year? Did their sales increase by 19%? Probably not. Also remember that the majority of Mustangs sold are the V6 model.

You can't forget gas prices, though. Just about everyone that asks me about my Mustang wants to know how many miles per gallon it gets.

The government just revised the fuel economy test for vehicles. As a result, just about every vehicle had their numbers go down. The new numbers will be posted starting with the 2008 model year.

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp

2005-07 Mustang GT. Auto, Old: 17/23, Revised: 15/22.
2005-07 Mustang GT. Man, Old: 17/25, Revised: 15/23.

2005-07 Mustang V6. Auto, Old 18/26, Revised: 16/24.
2005-07 Mustang V6. Man, Old 19/28, Revised: 17/25.

I never thought I'd be saying this about the Mustang, but the V6 really needs to get better gas mileage, probably by 10% or so (+2 mpg). The only reason not to buy a GT is because of insurance cost and higher sticker price. Gas mileage certainly isn't.

Quick Reply: Mustang Sales Decline