Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First drive in snow with my baby.

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 05:22 PM
BAMFstang
3rd Gear Member

Default First drive in snow with my baby.

Well I posted a thread last week about my winter beater dying and I ended upm deciding to get my baby out of storage earlier than expected.

I had hoped that winter was on it's last breath but today proved otherwise. We got dumped on and have about 4-6 inches of fresh, slippery snow.

The snow didn't start until I was almost at work or I would have just called off today and not chanced it.

Anyway I go out at lunch and seeing my car covered with snow just made me want to puke. Horrible sight!

SoI run to grab something to eat and I am white knuckled al the way there and back. I am no newbie to driving in the snow, living in Michigan helps train you for such things. The roads were horrible and taking off from a stop was just an adventure in itself. Obviously I had to start in 2nd but it still wanted to get away from me even barely touching the gas.

It ended up handling just fine as I was very, very cautious.

I definately won't make it a habit though.

I will be buying a different winter vehicle.

C'mon spring, hurry up and arrive!!!
Old 03-01-2007, 05:48 PM
shamrock..

Default RE: First drive in snow with my baby.

I live in MI as well and may decide to go with a WRX instead of a Mustang eventhough I do love the new body, espically with the C-500 body kit on it. Oh and I like your sig pic
Old 03-01-2007, 05:49 PM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

just buy it now if u can, check ebay they have a few nice trucks for less money, not worth messing up ur mustang for it, i drive my moms suv lol
Old 03-01-2007, 09:45 PM
Skywatcher

These cars are great in the snow. I drive mine all winter. There was a time when almost all cars were RWD. And there was no TCS either.

[IMG]local://upfiles/56860/C52A740BA813423E854EF95AE47CA644.jpg[/IMG]
Old 03-01-2007, 11:18 PM
2k05gt
4th Gear Member

I would never drive my Stang in the Snow.. It's not ment for that, Thats whay I have the Silverado Z-71 4X4.

Anyway WithGlobal Warming,just5 years from now Snow will be a thing of the Past.
(Al Gore's Movie) An Inconvenient Truth, So don't worry snow will not be around for long,
Old 03-01-2007, 11:20 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

You are a brave man...driving your stang on the snow...
Old 03-02-2007, 12:29 AM
Puckhog407
2nd Gear Member

I feel your pain ... being in Michigan is tough on Mustang single car owners. I have a carport which mine gets parked under every night but I'm getting tired of washing salt residue off every night after work. I'm definitely going to try to make this the last winter my Stang sees. Even though winters aren't what they used to be (even in Michigan), it's frustrating to get a couple of 40 degree days and start thinking the snow, slush and salt are behind us and then wake up to a couple of fresh new inches of the white stuff. C'mon Spring.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:45 AM
Fourth Horseman
2nd Gear Member

Insert my standard response to snow threads here: invest in a set of winter wheels and tires. With four Michelin Pilot Alpin PA2s on the rims I get around in the winter just fine. The car handles beautifully if given the right shoes for the job.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:54 AM
bboren
2nd Gear Member

it's frustrating to get a couple of 40 degree days and start thinking the snow, slush and salt are behind us and then wake up to a couple of fresh new inches of the white stuff. C'mon Spring.
its even more frustrating where i live, when i snows a little one day, is 85 degrees the next, then snows the day after. and somehow i alwaystend to pick the wrong clothes, shorts and t shirt on the cold day, jeans and jacket on the hot day
Old 03-02-2007, 01:07 AM
feejay
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TPony

You are a brave man...driving your stang on the snow...
No bravery required, just two words: SNOW TIRES!!!!

We had about 1/8" of freezing rain this afternoon and the car handled great, just took it easy on stops and starts. The Blizzaks are worth every penny if you have to drive your Mustang year round.

Quick Reply: First drive in snow with my baby.