Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 Mustang GT or............

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 10:52 PM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

Default RE: 07 Mustang GT or............

Today in my school we took a car club picture. In the picture was a 2003 AcuraCL type-s, a 2006 Acura TL type-s, a 2000 Mustang V6, and my 2005 Mustang V6. There were about 30 kids in the picture andthe majorityof them standing by my car The Mustang is just an awesome lookin car, it sounds great, and its fun to drive in dry weather Honestly I think you would get more respect with a Mustang GT then an STI. If you end up not wanting the GT though, I say forget the STI and get an EVO. Last, you have some good parents be greatful.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:59 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2k05gt

The Mear FACT that you are on this board asking this question says you want the GT.
Have you gone to the WRX Boards and asked this same question? if so which did you do first? hmmm.
Nuff Said.

If you go with the Subaru, get the STI. I do not think that car is rice, it will only become rice if you put large fins, oversized body panels, chinesesymbles,stickers that have nothing to do with the car, oversized muffler Ect... That car can stand on it's own, unlike the civics of the world.

+10000. you asked here because you know what you want to hear
Old 03-01-2007, 11:01 PM
myredgt
3rd Gear Member

I agree with usr4, the more logical approach. It is AWD. that All Wheel Drive. Not All Wheel Stop. You crash just as easily, if not easier because you are overconfident. It recently snowed whereI live, and I had to go to work before the streets were salted. 300+ hp isn't the greatest for snow. I poked along and got there safely. Many cars and trucks and suvs tried to fly by. 2 of those vehicles raised their insurance rates on the way to work that morning, one which was a 4x4 off road, probably in low gear. He couldn't stop any faster and low gear 4x4 has much better grabbing power than awd.

Just my point of view on snow.

Here's a new point of view for you, the C way:

Which car would make you happier, sitting there in the parking lot shinning? I know what my answer would be. Now wouldn't you like a sexy beast of a car, that has a bark and a bite? ;^)

- C
Old 03-01-2007, 11:05 PM
bboren
2nd Gear Member

If you do buy a mustang prepare to be at the dealership alot and I mean ALOT, I'm going on 11 times now
well some of us have had our mustangs almost 2 years and never had a problem with it, so it just depends. any car you get can have many problems.

if you get the suburu you will get almost zero respect from anyone driving a performance car (camaros, firebirds, mustangs etc.). if you get the gt you will get respect from almost anyone, and everyone will envy you haha
Old 03-01-2007, 11:13 PM
myredgt
3rd Gear Member

Ok, here's more of my thought on the parking lot thing:

or

Now if you have to think about it, somethings wrong here. [&:]

- C
Old 03-01-2007, 11:15 PM
555*
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bboren

If you do buy a mustang prepare to be at the dealership alot and I mean ALOT, I'm going on 11 times now
well some of us have had our mustangs almost 2 years and never had a problem with it, so it just depends. any car you get can have many problems.

if you get the suburu you will get almost zero respect from anyone driving a performance car (camaros, firebirds, mustangs etc.). if you get the gt you will get respect from almost anyone, and everyone will envy you haha
Well,all 5 of you that bought one and havent been to the dealership are lucky. As far as earning respect, why would anyone buy a car just to get respect from other car owners? There are plenty of STIs that eat up those camaros, firebirds and mustangs your talking about. You'd be surprised at what those cars can do and they can turn too.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:27 PM
myredgt
3rd Gear Member

You'd be surprised at what those cars can do and they can turn too.

Actually nobody would be surprised what they can do because you can do a little research and see what they do stock. Also, anyone can put money into a vehicle and make it faster, no matter what the car. How much money do you want to spend? I spent $25,000 on my gt brand new, for a smilar acceleration from an Sti almost 10 more.

I'm not going into that argument becasue it could go forever. Really though, what is it they can do that would surprise me? WOW!!! YOU DROPPED $15,000 INTO YOUR ALREADY EXPENSIVE CAR AND CAN GO FASTER!!

It's not always about speed. Looks, sound, the feel you get when you drive the car.The feel you get when you turn heads, alot of heads. That's a Mustang, and that's what an Sti, unfortunately , will never have.

Fin

- C
Old 03-01-2007, 11:38 PM
bboren
2nd Gear Member

It's not always about speed. Looks, sound, the feel you get when you drive the car.The feel you get when you turn heads, alot of heads. That's a Mustang, and that's what an Sti, unfortunately , will never have.
thats how i shouldve phrased it, i know STIs can be made crazy fast. its just that the stang will get more attention, and has that great feel too it
Old 03-01-2007, 11:46 PM
2k05gt
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 555*

ORIGINAL: bboren

Well,all 5 of you that bought one and havent been to the dealership are lucky. As far as earning respect, why would anyone buy a car just to get respect from other car owners? There are plenty of STIs that eat up those camaros, firebirds and mustangs your talking about. You'd be surprised at what those cars can do and they can turn too.
I have been to the Dealer Shop one time since July 2005 (TSB Issue) I now have 32,234 Miles and all I do is Change Oil, Filler up and Wash-n-Wax.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:56 PM
Ringo01
2nd Gear Member

Well... I've only had my GT for 8200 or so miles, but I've never been to the dealership... Actually I'm pretty sure the majority of mustang owners don't go to the dealership, it's just that the few that do, happen to post here with their problems, many people never come to these sites, untill they have a problem... if you understand what I am trying to say.

And to the debate... Mustang all the way.

Quick Reply: 07 Mustang GT or............