Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Infant Car Seat for 06 Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 01:32 AM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Infant Car Seat for 06 Mustang

I'm not having any problems. Look to see if there is a separate base to the seat.... if there is.. remove it.
While I have not installed a backward facing car seat (<1 year old) yet (will by July).. the forward facing seats work fine with the LATCH system.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:58 AM
PERTANO
2nd Gear Member

I've got a Recaro Sport seat for my 1 year old in the car right now. Honestly guys I can tell you that if you love your kid and can spend some money modding you car you need to invest in one of these first. He fits perfectly in this seat and the way it fits in this car and my ladys Civic is just unreal. His head is supported when he falls asleep and his neck doesn't droop forward if he falls asleep. It's by far the best purchase I've ever made for my Son's safety. I'll post pic's of it in the car if anyone is interested.

Old 03-02-2007, 03:15 AM
cryptic26djp
4th Gear Member

drbobvs, where did you get those EB seats at? Can you give the specifics (name, item number, or product number) so I can search the net for one of them.

I have an EB seat as well - it fits, but not as snug as it could.
The major problem that I see is that the seat belts do not retract, and lock, once you secure them to the base.
I used two towels to level out the deep pockets of the seat and that seemed to help the car seat from wobbling.
Once its in place, I just slide the front seat all the way back and lean the seat back to secure it all into place.

ORIGINAL: drbobvs

Its a mustang - a sports car. kids that age dont belong in there until they reach a booster seat stage and then only then you can stap them into the front seat.

SUV and Mini van are for the kids. not daddy other pride and joy
I beg to differ, I got my Mustang over a Vette b/cI can take my kids cruising with me. I didn't want to hog all the fun myself!

[IMG]local://upfiles/16153/C263B10E054D4C6096B32351FE0A80F0.jpg[/IMG]
Old 03-02-2007, 04:43 AM
elburrito99
3rd Gear Member

For infant seats, we have used the Graco seat (fixed base, removable seat) in my '05 and my '06 and it fits. When your kid is less than 6 months old and car seat is rear facing, the seat in front of the car seat has to pushed forward pretty far.

For my 3-year old, I've got the Recaro seat in my '06 and it fits PERFECTLY. It also stays put incredibly well when it's held down with both the latch system and a lap belt. This seat is also great because it provides better side impact protection than most other models out there. Another member of mustangforums.com turned me on to this seat and I think it is the best toddler seat (which converts to a booster seat once your kid is 45 lbs) for an '05-'07 Mustang.

Probably the best toddler seat overall (for kids older than 6 months) is the Britax Marathon. It is beefy and clamps down well to stay put, but it can be a tight fit in an '05-'07 Mustang since it is a larger car seat.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:57 AM
Sprzout
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PERTANO

I've got a Recaro Sport seat for my 1 year old in the car right now. Honestly guys I can tell you that if you love your kid and can spend some money modding you car you need to invest in one of these first. He fits perfectly in this seat and the way it fits in this car and my ladys Civic is just unreal. His head is supported when he falls asleep and his neck doesn't droop forward if he falls asleep. It's by far the best purchase I've ever made for my Son's safety. I'll post pic's of it in the car if anyone is interested.

Hehe...When I have kids, they're either going to get one of these Recaro seats or a Simpson seat... I'm trying to remember where I last saw the Simpson car seats; I think it was at Dave Turner Motorsports or AJ-USA...

Oh well, it'll be a while before I get one of those, since I gotta afford the ring first.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:15 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

The child shoud be rear facing until he/she is 20 lbs and 1 year old. If you have the latch system like you do, use it. Don't take the seat out of the base and put it in the vehicle. Some manufactures will not garruntee their products if they are used in this way. Refer to your owners manual.

To install the seat:

Because of the deep bucket design of the back seat, put a towel under the seat to attempt to make the surface flatter to let the seat sit in it better.

Place the base or the child seat in the seat, attach thelatch system or seatbelt.

Crawl into the back of your car and put BOTH knees in the seat, placing all your weight into the child seat.

Pull straps as tight as possible. Sometimes when tightening the seat belts you will need to shorten the female end (the bart with the button on it) by twisting it in one direction to clear the child seat.

Get out of seat and rock it back and forth. Should be less than 1" movement in any direction.

seeinstarz, I see you live in Fresno, CA. You can go buy the CHP office and have them assist you in installing the seat. They will show you how to do everything, inspect your seat and give you pointers on how to do it properly. They do not charge you for the service. I don't have the # off hand but just call the public phone number and they will tell you to come in or make an appointment when their is a child seat tech in the office.

Shoot me a PM if you have more Q's
Old 03-02-2007, 11:37 AM
RollTide87
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Drop Top 06

I'm still looking for a car seat/booster seat for my girlfriend's 3 year old. I'm probably being picky too because i want a little racer seat that looks good with the red interior. She thinks i'm nuts cuz i wanna get her a race suit and a helmet.... I'd be interested to know what you find.
Hey Drop Top, in addition to the Recaro seat, Graco makes a toddler/booster seat (older than 1 year, 20-40lbs for toddler, 30 - 100lbs for booster) with Simspon racing graphics. I bought one right after getting the Mustang last week. It fits well using the latch system. If you Google "Simpson Racing Baby Seat" you will see a number of hits for it. Some of the vendors are higher than others. I got mine for $99.00 through Albee-Baby. It is black with grey trim with the red and white Simpson logos. Although it says Simpson, it is really just a regular Graco booster seat.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:59 PM
tristang

hi drbobvs,

fyi, i think there's a new recall for Eddie Bauer seats that may or may not affect you: (hopefully, not)

http://www.babycenter.com/204_recalled-cosco-safety-1st-and-eddie-bauer-car-seats_5212115.bc?Ad=com.bc.common.AdInfo%406374e0e c

also, thanks everyone for the info. i bought my 07 gt vert in july, and just found out my wife is pregnant 3 weeks later in august. i was really worried about the car seat fitting, but thanks to this thread and all the participants, i'm not worried at all. i just have to shop for the right car seat.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:27 PM
BlackSpirit
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ned4spe

Its a mustang - a sports car. kids that age dont belong in there until they reach a booster seat stage and then only then you can stap them into the front seat.

SUV and Mini van are for the kids. not daddy other pride and joy
Amen to that! you need something w/ plastic/rubber interior. Plain & simple children ruin cars, time to put the car in the garage and pul out on the weekends. Honda Element! Great for children mass amount of room, all rubber and plastic, it's basically an adult fisher price mobile; I had one for when my kids were still in child seats.