Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I just realized something about v6s

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 02:16 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Default RE: I just realized something about v6s

I agree my Firebird T/AWS6 I had in 2000 was one of the last years they made it and the very reason they stopped was they sold only 26,000 in the entire U.S. Great car and awesome ride and looks but for 31,000 dollars the mustanghas a much better price tag.
ORIGINAL: Revlefty

Giving the GT 400HP would add a lot to the price tag, taking the Mustang out of the market place that it has dominated since it's release. Ford is already cutting corners to keep it as cheap as possible, adding 5-6 even 7 grand to the price tag might make it dissapear just like the Camaros, firebirds and GTO's.
Old 03-03-2007, 02:31 AM
godminus1
2nd Gear Member

The biggest factor is that Ford wanted to separate the GT fromthe V6. Like mentioned earlier, the V6 is for people who want a nice car to ride around in, and the GT is for people who want to drive. If you want the exrta power that bad go buy a blower, or upgrade. Either way you have afriggin sweetcar that has some go, and will turn heads. You have your reasons forwhat you bought, as do I. The weather is getting warm. Take it for adrive and thank yourself for buying an awesome car.
Old 03-03-2007, 02:42 AM
Newfrance6
1st Gear Member

I used to think that Ford should stop making the v6. After thought though it would be dumb. They sell very well and nice looks shouldn't be exclusive to high powered cars. It is an amazing alternative to ricers in the price range. Sadly, i see the future of the mustang as a more luxurious, and more expensive car. All the special editions are the first step to a general increase in price down the road.
The fact that they are selling way over MSRP is not going unnoticed i'm sure and Ford most likely wants a slice of the pie. If people can spend 70k for the gt500 they can probably spend 35k for a better, more refined gt imho. The huge number of retiring babyboomers who want a muscle car and are well established financially is going to raise the price on the mustangs imo. Time will tell
Old 03-03-2007, 03:02 AM
godminus1
2nd Gear Member

I always wondered why the Cobalt SS got such negative reviews. I went with my buddy to look at them the other day because he's in the market. The salesperson says, "Which SS do you want?" and we looked at each other and scratched our heads. He said one has the regular cobalt engine in it, and has all the physical build of the SS for 14k...OR...you can get the supercahrged SS for 20k.

So basically one has a body kit and badges, and no go, where the other is supercharged.

This is a poor marketing strategy..yeah, you'll sell more cars to 17 year old hardcore-wannabe-baggy-pants-wearin-i'm-cool-and-you're-not-d!ckheads, but it kills the integrity of the SS name.

Yeah, it's a little off topic, but it came to mind.
Old 03-03-2007, 03:15 AM
blkGTconvert04
2nd Gear Member

I test drove an 05 V6 w/ the pony packageand I was very suprised of the power it had.
Old 03-03-2007, 06:07 AM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

Its a great car the V6!!!! If you want power pay to upgrade the power or get the GT. Its made to sell volume and always has been. The GT is a GT for a reason, its a different model for a differntclientele...plain and simple!
Old 03-03-2007, 06:20 AM
Rt1Rebel
3rd Gear Member

If people can spend 70k for the gt500 they can probably spend 35k for a better, more refined gt imho. The huge number of retiring babyboomers who want a muscle car and are well established financially is going to raise the price on the mustangs imo. Time will tell
You are wrong about that, at least in my case. Let me preface the statement by saying that I have always owned mustangs since I was 20, and I'm now 44, and I still have an '88 in the garage. The major selling point I had to make against the semi-luxi-japo-boxes was that the GT cost the same, if not less than the "family car" japanese equivilant. No F'ing way would I be driving an '06 GT if it had glanced over 30K, no way.

Old 03-03-2007, 10:47 AM
btorlv
2nd Gear Member

I dont have the v6 but i have driven 2 of them. auto & 5sp. They both ran very strong. In calif you can look in the paper and find a lost leader every saturday for about 16.900. They look great andrun strong add a set of takeoff gt 17 wheels and have a great car. Side note i have a brand new set of v6 factory 16 spinner caps. If ya want them they are free just pay shipping shold be no more then 3-5 dollars.Barry
Old 03-03-2007, 12:15 PM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

put it this way, i didnt buy the car, My mom didnt want me to get the GT because it was the fastest but she didnt know home much horsepower each one had, so even if the v6 had more power i would've still been given it lol i like mine though, it was unique
Old 03-03-2007, 12:15 PM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: btorlv

I dont have the v6 but i have driven 2 of them. auto & 5sp. They both ran very strong. In calif you can look in the paper and find a lost leader every saturday for about 16.900. They look great andrun strong add a set of takeoff gt 17 wheels and have a great car. Side note i have a brand new set of v6 factory 16 spinner caps. If ya want them they are free just pay shipping shold be no more then 3-5 dollars.Barry
for the bullets or the regular wheels? i want some for my bullets

Quick Reply: I just realized something about v6s