Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 owners with factory nav system

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 07:11 PM
Ragnar
1st Gear Member

Default RE: 2007 owners with factory nav system

ORIGINAL: swooshpimp

I went to the local Ford Dealership here in Riverside, CA and asked them about having the NAV option put on my 06 GT and according to what they told me it can only be done from factory and not at the dealership. Now, I dont take that as being the final answer because it just came out however that was the story that I was given.
Just go to Best Buy and buy Garmin for $350. It's great, plus you can take it from car to car. That means if you travel on business you can use it in your rental car.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:34 PM
skilz4u2nv
3rd Gear Member

I know with the Kenwood system to bypass the safety feature was really easy... All you had to do was ground the wire that was supposed to be attached to your parking brake line... By grounding it, it "tricks" the system into thinking that your car's parking brake is on
Old 03-06-2007, 09:36 PM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

Thieves don't want OEM

ORIGINAL: mAnYsTyLeS

Definitely go aftermarket...my opinon of course.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:16 PM
GT Premi
3rd Gear Member

For the guy who's dealer told him it had to be done at the factory, that's a load of bunk! I swear, dealerships will tell a lie in a heart beat instead of just saying, "I don't know."[:@] I had inquired at my Chrysler dealership about adding the factory nav system to my 300M. The idiot told me it would be about $3K JUST FOR THE INSTALL! She claimed they'd have to disassemble the whole dash to put it in. What a crock! I bought the unit and it was LITERALLY plug and play. I had to take a total of FOUR pieces of trim off to install the GPS antenna, including the radio trim piece. I just unplugged the factory radio and plugged in the nav unit. It took me all of 15 minutes to do; and that was because I was moving slow.[/align][/align]I see no reason why this unit wouldn't work in an '05 - '06 Mustang. Though, I have heard that this unit won't work with the Shaker1000 system. I guess it doesn't interface with the subs properly or not at all. Can anybody confirm? If it does work properly with the subs, I'll be buying one. When it comes to nav systems, I'll take OEM all day everyday, and twice on Sunday. I don't know about this unit, but with my 300M, there's a lot more behind-the-scenes integration with the cars computers that comes with the OEM unit that I'd never get with an aftermarket one.[/align]
Old 03-06-2007, 10:25 PM
06stangGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mAnYsTyLeS

Definitely go aftermarket...my opinon of course.
+1, love the N2

[IMG]local://upfiles/29003/09BAB894837D47E7B6F50486E2B04559.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/29003/250DF0ED72314F1FB4F399E7B041E3B0.jpg[/IMG]
Old 03-07-2007, 04:14 PM
skilz4u2nv
3rd Gear Member

I had the Shaker 1000 system and my aftermarket setup works with it quite nicely...What I did was shop around to find out what exactly I wanted.... Then I went price searching online.... Crutchfield is always a great place to buy things because they give you detailed installation instructions specific for your vehicle and all mounting hardware you need for free.... However crutchfield was about $1000 more expensive than other websites for what I wanted... HUGE difference in pricing.... So what I did was I got the things radio and other components that I needed from the cheaper websites and then I called crutchfield and told them that I got all this stuff as a gift and it didnt include their great car specific instructions and mounting wires and hardware... For just $10 plus like $2 shipping I got the wiring harness and mounting bracket and a the instructions on how to remove the factory radio and install the new one showing me exactly where every screw and bolt is...

ORIGINAL: GT Premi

For the guy who's dealer told him it had to be done at the factory, that's a load of bunk! I swear, dealerships will tell a lie in a heart beat instead of just saying, "I don't know."[:@] I had inquired at my Chrysler dealership about adding the factory nav system to my 300M. The idiot told me it would be about $3K JUST FOR THE INSTALL! She claimed they'd have to disassemble the whole dash to put it in. What a crock! I bought the unit and it was LITERALLY plug and play. I had to take a total of FOUR pieces of trim off to install the GPS antenna, including the radio trim piece. I just unplugged the factory radio and plugged in the nav unit. It took me all of 15 minutes to do; and that was because I was moving slow.[/align][/align]I see no reason why this unit wouldn't work in an '05 - '06 Mustang. Though, I have heard that this unit won't work with the Shaker1000 system. I guess it doesn't interface with the subs properly or not at all. Can anybody confirm? If it does work properly with the subs, I'll be buying one. When it comes to nav systems, I'll take OEM all day everyday, and twice on Sunday. I don't know about this unit, but with my 300M, there's a lot more behind-the-scenes integration with the cars computers that comes with the OEM unit that I'd never get with an aftermarket one.[/align]