Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Californa Water Blade

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 09:42 PM
wthalliii
3rd Gear Member

Default Californa Water Blade

Anyone else using a California Water Blade? I just picked up one of these, and it's the best $20 I've spent in a long time. Lots easier than a chamois, and worked great.

http://www.calcarduster.com/autoOrig...Waterblade.asp

Old 03-04-2007, 09:45 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Californa Water Blade

I was going to try it, but got a bit nervous about it after I put the stripes on.....No issue with the edges of your stripes??

I did finally buy an actual waffle weave micro-fiber towel. I had been using regular micro-fibers to dry with.....What a huge difference, and reduction in time drying......

Mike
Old 03-04-2007, 09:47 PM
TinPony
3rd Gear Member

YES, the water blade and the waffle microfiber towels go great together... no clearcoat scratches/spiderwebs
Old 03-04-2007, 09:57 PM
wthalliii
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mlcrycc

I was going to try it, but got a bit nervous about it after I put the stripes on.....No issue with the edges of your stripes??
Not at all. The blade is made from medical grade silicone and is extremely soft. It's 12" wide, so it works very quickly. It does a great job on the windows, too.

I had been using the Mr. Clean thing with the spotless rinse, and it worked pretty well. Certainly was easy, but it's hard to tell when you need to replace the cartridge. The only way I could tell was when my car dried with spots on it. I didn't like that. And the cartridge is supposed to last 10 washings. It didn't last that long for me. More like 4 or 5 washings.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:03 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Interesting....I may need to add this to my "purchase prior to next wash" list. I really like the waffle weave microfiber, so if that combines well with the water blade, could be the winning combination. This would tell me that one waffle weave would be enough to do the entire car, instead of two....

Thanks for the info,
Mike
Old 03-04-2007, 10:04 PM
Aziraphale
4th Gear Member

Sweet, I was just thinking about picking one of those up. I just picked up the California duster but haven't had a chance to use it yet. I've heard it's awesome also.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:32 PM
wthalliii
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Aziraphale

Sweet, I was just thinking about picking one of those up. I just picked up the California duster but haven't had a chance to use it yet. I've heard it's awesome also.
Those are good, too. I've been using one for years. But don't leave it in the cabin of the car. My Dad left one in his car, and in hot weather the stuff that's in it would condense on the windows, and it's hard to clean off.

I keep a Swiffer duster beside my seat, and I can dust the inside anytime I have a chance. When I'm stopped at a stoplight, for instance. Can't reach the back seat, but I can do the dash and console. Gives you something to do while you're waiting for the light.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:41 PM
zubz

I use to use the water blade, but switched back to the waffle weave micro fiber. I understand it is silicone, but just didn't like the feel of it dragging against the car. It did a great job on the big panels though - hood, roof, etc.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:47 PM
limer06stang
3rd Gear Member

I just can't believe you paid $20 for it cause i got mine for $2.00 from target....
Old 03-04-2007, 11:28 PM
Juztang
5th Gear Member

If you guys are interested I'm actually having a weekend sale on microfibers and waffle weaves that end tonight at midnight. The waffle weave I carry is 24x36 and it made by Poorboys World. It is a very high quality microfiber. Here is the link to the Poorboys products http://www.obsessivedetail.com/Products.html

Quick Reply: Californa Water Blade