Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

window raise on door closing failure

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 03:43 AM
bobn

Default window raise on door closing failure

hm, try to start car and the battery is dead. after charging it up, the drivers side glass drops on opening but does not raise up after closing. not too happy to say the least! has anybody else had this problem? thanks bobn.
[align=right] [/align]
Old 03-05-2007, 03:46 AM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

Default RE: window raise on door closing failure

Bohn put key in and turn it on until you can roll the window up the way, hold the switch for 2 seconds and it should work again. Any time you battery dies or gets low it will happen driver and passanger. The cars manual will explain it.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:47 AM
CityDave
1st Gear Member

Read about this happening before. Go to you owners manual. There is something about resetting this in there.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:58 AM
bobn

thanks guys. bobn

[align=right] [/align]
Old 03-05-2007, 09:06 AM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: rmays06

Bohn put key in and turn it on until you can roll the window up the way, hold the switch for 2 seconds and it should work again. Any time you battery dies or gets low it will happen driver and passanger. The cars manual will explain it.
Actually you might want to recheck that owner's manual. It says a dead battery should NOT cause this.

Happened to mine too. Just the passengers side. No dead battery, no batterydisconnect. Just did it for the hell of it. Ran through the repair sequence listed in the owners manual and haven't seen it happen since.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:15 PM
bobn

okay thanks again. we are back to normal! now i just have worry why the battery went dead. last week we had a warmer, lol (minnesota) day and i ran it for about hour. i must have left the door not quite closed or someother hair brain thing. bobn
[align=center] [/align]
Old 03-05-2007, 07:26 PM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bobn
okay thanks again. we are back to normal! now i just have worry why the battery went dead. last week we had a warmer, lol (minnesota) day and i ran it for about hour. i must have left the door not quite closed or someother hair brain thing. bobn
It is strang in cold weather I've heard of a few people who's batteries have died and mine is one of them. Not all the time but just when I take short trips or when it sits for a few days. The dealer can't explain it either. Just watch it and maybe you dealer can come up with something good about this. I had a tough time in Jan but it has stopped cause when it gets slow to start I jump on the freeway for about 10 minutes and it seems to stop that problem.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:33 AM
blaven
3rd Gear Member

I store my stang over the winter months and i found out the hard way that just starting your car up and letting it run does not charge the battery at all. You have to drive it around to keep the charge strong. I invested in a battery tender and love it, i just keep it on there all the time and never have to worry about a dead battery again.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:11 AM
vphokie
3rd Gear Member

Hey speaking of the windows, has anyone ever had their windows make a loud noise when they go down? Every once in a while it seems like my window hits something or makes a rather loud thunk noise when it goes down. Kinda frightening, I know I've seen someone else with this gripe before.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:19 AM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Yeah, I get the thunk on occasion.

My battery has been low/dead twice.

1st time I was juuuuust barely cranking over, but started. That was 5 days of not driving. Only the drivers window lost memory.
2nd time, I got 1 crank, then the dreaded, click, click, click. This was 4 days of not driving. The passenger side only lost memory.
Strange.
Now I'm leaving for Lake Tahoe skiing in the morning and the car will sit 6 days. I'm willing to bet I'll have a dead battery and both window lose memory.

Quick Reply: window raise on door closing failure