Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clueless girl thanks you!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 11:00 AM
cylyne

Default Clueless girl thanks you!!

I wanted to thank all of you that have replied and gave me advice!! I really appreciate it. You all are truly awesome and FUNNY, at that!!
I will definitely post new pics as soon as I get things done. I wanted to get those bullit rims, but now thanks to you all I'm reconsidering doing the staggerred stance because I won't be able to rotate my tires. What do you think?

Can I still do the staggerred look on my stang without it being different size tires??? I'm going to start with the rims and tint first. Then, louvers, then the hood scoop. I'm also going to try and NOT go broke!!

Oh, yeah!! And then the stripes!! Already, you all have got ideas into my head. I pulled up beside a roush stang yesterday and it was awesome!! I felt like a "silly girl" like you all say cause I had NOTHING!! I crept away with my head down because I knew better than to be in its presence!

Signed...Silly Girl

[IMG]local://upfiles/62577/649A93C8780E44D4B6144BCD2163D1AB.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/62577/162A48D643EB4EF39888AF24C7493B84.jpg[/IMG]
Old 03-05-2007, 11:12 AM
HMUSN
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Clueless girl thanks you!!

how much for the ninja turtle book?

lol

your car is clean. have fun modding it!
Old 03-05-2007, 11:12 AM
Jays Mustang
3rd Gear Member

Glad to help out. Rotating tires is good for wearing. Be sure if you do get aftermarket rims they have the lip on the edge to be able to do front end alignments. (1/4 inch lip sticks straight out) I bought some that didn't have iton a 95 Mustang and was never able to do an alignment. Unless you keep the original wheels/tires for that purpose. Well, remember you don't have to do everything at once. Like myself, a little each month makes a nice hobby. Oh don't worry about the next guy, you see a Roush etc. figure he spent $15000 more to buy that car.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:20 AM
cylyne

How can I ensure they have the lip if I buy them online?? Like Ebay?
Old 03-05-2007, 11:44 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Alignment shops should have the pieces necessary to clip the alignment heads/targets over the outer diameters of the flanges as well as those that expand against the insides of the lips.

About here, I'll note that alignment is not as difficult a thing to understand as the shops would have you believe, nor is a fancy computerized alignment rack necessary. If you have a reasonable flat driveway, know how to measurea couple of angles (or compute them from measurements), have a little patience, and can turn a wrench you can do a completely acceptable job yourself in most cases withabout $25 worth of tools.

Norm
Old 03-05-2007, 12:01 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

No problem clueless girl. Always willing to help a fellow 24 yo in distress. lol

On a V6, go with non-staggered, 9" all around with 255-45-18" tires. That will be plenty of tire for your car. You may want to consider the polished factory 18" wheels. I have them on my vista blue 06 and they are really nice. I can post a picture later.

You may want to throw a set of snow tires onyour stock wheels eventuallyfor the winter if you are in a snowy area.Otherwise, you are limited to all season tiresin the summer, and salty rims in the winter.

As far as the "LIP" goes. The factory 18" wheels do not have them, no porsche or BMW has them, and all those cars align fine with an adaptor and every shop worth their salt has. Dont worry about the lip.

And, yes, with some knowlege and a little equiptment, do it yourself alignments work great if you know what you are doing. For the average person though, it is worth it to go to a dealer.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:08 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Probably shouldnt have posted that picture of yourself lol... the leghumpers will have a field day. It is definately good to see a girl that can choose her cars though. At least you dont drive a honda! Have fun in your Stang
Old 03-05-2007, 12:16 PM
Jays Mustang
3rd Gear Member

I want to mention that the bigger diameter rim, 18", etc. you loose the driving comfort. Another words you'll feel more bumps of the road. Reason for this is the sidewall of the tire is shorter. (distance from rim to the road surface.) Plus you'll have to be careful with potholes as not to bend the rims. Now this is not to bias your decision or knock anyone elses choices. You look healthy and probably have a good back so you can handle things like this. Like with my bad back 17's are ok but 18's would be too harsh a ride. Oh and as far as the lip most pictures on Ebay etc. show close ups. Look at your wheels and you'll know what I'm talking about. I didn't realize there were shops that could do wheels without lips. Some alignment machines grap the outside or the inside lip. From what others said there are other ways too. Anyways good luck.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:21 PM
okbfd
4th Gear Member

You have a very nice looking Stang, no reason to feel like a silly girl Have fun modding. It gets in your blood and is lots of fun.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:24 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Actually, the majority of people wouldnt even notice a change in ride stiffness from a 16-18 change. Its when you get to sizes like 20's where the comfort starts getting sacrificed. I have the 17" split spokes but I have a friend that has the 18" fanblades and you cant even tell the difference in the ride.

Quick Reply: Clueless girl thanks you!!