Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New models mid-year?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 03:25 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

Default RE: New models mid-year?

The fact that competition from Dodge and Chevy is just around the corner is making some buyers waiting to see their offerings in the flesh. We may be Mustang nuts but many others are not and will wait for the competition to show their goods.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:39 PM
MartyMoose
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: edgespeeder06

i dunno but they told me they set it up by phone or something, if ur that curious, i'll ask him
You know, if someone could just buy directly from Ford, then...

Old 03-06-2007, 03:56 PM
Pony Ride
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Buckshot Barry

ORIGINAL: Pony Ride
Maybe offer a T-top option? Just my 2 cents....[/align]
Do you think it would leak? Sorry, just couldn't resist.

Can you see personalized tags that read "Leaker" and "Thunker"
Well, knowing how much more stiff the S197 body is over the Fox-body (the last time they had a t-top), I'd say Ford would solve this problem. If not, I'm sure they'd come up with yet another TSB to add to the long list they already have on the S197.....
Old 03-06-2007, 04:00 PM
casdds11

I would imagine the winter months are bad for Mustang sales up North. I would be interested to see their sales numbers compared to others sold in the south. However, I wouldn't expect Ford to do well selling our cars at 38K+ with the exception of the GT 500 which is way overpriced with the dealer markup. I can't see a Bullit doing well for over 34k. Their are alot more options at that price bracket vs. 25-30k for a GT.

How many more Mustangs would be sold if the GT 500 were readily available at MSRP or invoice? I'd have one by now! WAKE UP FORD!

Unforunately I think Ford's future looks very bleak. They have a poor selection of cars/trucks and this Mullay character is nothing but a cost cutter and not a car aficienado. (sp)
Old 03-06-2007, 04:20 PM
Drop Top 06
3rd Gear Member

Grr.. I still haven't figured out how to use the Quote function (so if someone could shoot me a quick PM I'd appreciate that.

Back to what I was gonna say - I gotta call BS on your friends "buying directly from Ford." My brother is an engineer for aforementioned Ford Motor Company, and just like the rest of the world, he had to purchase his mustang from a dealership.Ifemployees donot have the ability to buy the cars directly from their employer,I doubt your friendsparticipate in the magically secret program. The companies do not sell cars off of the assembly line like they used to in the 60's. Your friends may have just brokered deals with Ford dealerships through the internet.
Old 03-06-2007, 04:26 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Part of the changes for the new 2008 models is increased HP (read in a blue oval forum somewhere a couple months back) they're doing that to have a car more ready to compete with the Camaro and Charger when they are release in the next year or two. They are also revising (minor revisions) to the body panels of the mustang. Subtle enough that most won't notice. Kind of like the hood, headlight,and spoilerchanges for the 99-04 models.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:43 PM
JimsGT
3rd Gear Member

To me, Mustangs are a niche market. Keep the Mustang true for the enthusiasts.

...and Ford should worry about bread and butter models that appeal to the masses, a car for getting from point A to point B,(and look good doing it), to me, thats what brings home the $$$ for the company.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:51 PM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MartyMoose

ORIGINAL: edgespeeder06

i dunno but they told me they set it up by phone or something, if ur that curious, i'll ask him
You know, if someone could just buy directly from Ford, then...

i dunno then he knew someone at a dealer or somethin or an employee who helped him, so in regards to the topic what type of new models do u think they'll offer? a coupe with a sunroof? a t-top would be awesome too, glass roof like the saleens is awesome too
Old 03-06-2007, 07:21 PM
billyjo
2nd Gear Member

I still believe that the outragious mark up for the shelby is hurting ford, and now the machs and other special mustangs have ford dealer mark ups also. This sucks, a good example is the poor guy who had his shelby 500 rear ended by a drunk driver. The insuracne company will not pay for the additional money to replace the car. So he is out of luck. This to me makes buying a speciallty mustang a wrong chose due to i cant get another if in an accident.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:37 PM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

true that would suck and ford should reduce the prices to msrp on the shelbys and u'll see how fast they sell, seriously once i get my hands on that stuff and get to open my dealer in the future, i promise all of you that no mustangs will ever be marked up in my dealer, because i know if u leave them at regular prices and offer incentives, they'll sell so much more than a dealer who marks them up i plan to do that with the money i get from being a pharmacist and after opening my own pharmacy, long way ahead but im determined

Quick Reply: New models mid-year?