Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions on Cervinis Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 03:54 AM
Rosarios Stang

Default Opinions on Cervinis Kit?

I will have the cash to get a Cervinis kit for my Black 05' GT in 6 weeks... How long is the turn around time once ordered to receive it from Cervinis? I'm like a 1st grader waiting for christmas! Sometimes I wonder if the upper scoops are too wide, haven't seen one in person, whats the verdict? Alot of questions, I know, but... I'm going all black, blacked out lights, no stripes, I don't like the looks of the ram air hood without stripes suggestions? Thanks veterans, for the input! Next mod is a supercharger, gotta crush my big mouth coworkers STI!
Old 03-06-2007, 04:12 AM
raubt
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Opinions on Cervinis Kit?

If I had the cash to burn, I would buy a Cervini's kit in a second. Personally I like how that kit looks with stripes, but I've seen them without, and it's still pretty slick.

That will turn your GT into an extremely mean looking machine, and it will definitely get you attention on the street (as I'm sure the members in here with the Cervini's kit can confirm.)

You might say the scoops and some of that stuff seem kind of wide, but look at the body kit as a whole. It's meant to be very aggressive and outrageous looking, exaggerating even further the already exaggerated body of the new Mustangs, so with that in mind, the big scoops and all that don't really seem too big.

I wouldn't put Cervini's scoops or louvers on a car by themselves, but with the rest of the kit, it all fits together very nicely in what I would say is arguably the best looking body kit on the market today for the S197s.
Old 03-06-2007, 04:13 AM
Caution
5th Gear Member

Turnaround depends on if they have all the parts in stock to be shipped... & how far youare from them. I have there Eleanor hood and it took me just about 4 weeks to get from the day I purchased it.
Old 03-06-2007, 04:14 AM
Rosarios Stang

Im in Portland, Oregon. 4 weeks would sting a little!
Old 03-06-2007, 04:22 AM
Caution
5th Gear Member

Im in Cali so it looks like you'll be waiting around 4 weeks ... see if they have express shipping... better yet have them over night it... gonna cost you but you get what you want and much sooner
Old 03-06-2007, 06:36 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

I have the kit on a black car and have nothing but love for the car. I use it for show and pleasure driving. I do have stripes as I felt the hood I have just wouldn't look right w/out them. (its non functional). If I had the one you mentioned functional ram air I don't think it would matter either way! To stripe or not to stripe is a personal opinion and if you want it than go for it. If you want the black beauty look I know it would look great and like many will say -everyone has stripes and you will stick out from the crowd regardless of what you do with that kit. I have had no problems with the side scoops and the side window louvers and personally I am not taking them off and love the look they give. Just check out the gallery of pics of the car (to the left and below my name) and if there is anything else you wantI can get u much more detailed ones as this site doesn't do digital cameras that take 5 MB pics. You will love it, I know you will and welcome to the site and it took me 2 wks to getthe kitafter ordering but I live in Michigan. Just send me a PM if you are interested in other pics! Jason
Old 03-06-2007, 12:48 PM
mattblasi
3rd Gear Member

I LOVE IT and so do the ladies ;P

Old 03-06-2007, 01:10 PM
jbailer
3rd Gear Member

I love the kit too, excellent quality! There is a guy who has the kit on a black Mustang with no stipes I just don't remember where I saw the pics but it looks AMAZING! If you have any questions, let me know. -Joe

Old 03-06-2007, 01:29 PM
okbfd
4th Gear Member

I love mine too Mine was built in Tulsa, so, it's not a "registered" C300. The waiting list in NJ to have one built is loooong.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:06 PM
MacGyverGTP
2nd Gear Member

I have had problems with the kit on a Black Mustang in Arizona... The heat and speed have made that double sided tape its bitch!
I lost the passenger side window scoop on the freeway and when I checked the other one, it was probably going to follow shortly after had I not just pulled it off.
Waiting to hear back from Cervini if they are going to help me replace it or if I am just S.O.L
Also the rear wing has bowed up between the screws and the side skirts have peeled the double sided tape off. I have to re-do the whole kit (except for the hood) every 2 years I think or I will just lose parts.
I am actually considering painting my car a cooler color (white works out here a bit better I think!)

Quick Reply: Opinions on Cervinis Kit?